HTC Care Service Centre

Densocool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just want to put my pen to let everyone know of my case of sending my HTC Trinity (Dopod 810) for repair two weeks ago. The problem with my handset was that it is unable to load properly from bootscreen which I initially suspect I could have install a software and caused it to hang. I have tried hard reset and in vain it did not work which is pretty strange. Out of no choice, i sent it for repair and was told to come back after 9 days... (don't know why so long too)

I was called by their service manager that my handset is unable to recover and they have quoted me more than $600 for replacement of mainboard. For obvious reason, i rejected the repair as it is more costly than buying a new set (I believe everyone would have do the same too). As their standard procedure, I was asked to pay evaluation fee of $42.80 in cash and believe me there is no evaluation report or whatsoever. I obviously was quite upset that I really believe it is not a hardware failure and they have given me a lousy explanation of unable to repair. Only a receipt that I asked to put down in word what is the problem... They only said is "No power/fail to boot" and action is "Technician quoted $636.70 for mainboard replacement. Rejected by customer"

Not only that, there is a loose screw of something when i shake my handset!

Eventually, I google around for a solution and found out that there is a way to unbrick my handset and i really did so.

My view is that I only want to know whether it is repairable or not and I was very upset that the authorised HTC service center can give this type of lousy evaluation and advise the customer. I really believe they did not even have a detail analysis of what is the real problem of my handset.

HTC CEO if you reading this..... please relook into the service standard that your guy render to customer. I wonder how many people are fool into paying lousy services.

Cheers,

So Terrible service meh????den how to trust their products???

Mobile_Crazy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. 1, HarbourFront Ave, #01-06 Keppel Bay Tower, Singapore 098632
Opening hours:
1.Service Date: Monday to Saturday (Excluding Public Holiday)
2.Service Hour: 10:00AM to 07:00PM (Monday to Friday)
3.Service Hour: 10:00AM to 03:00PM (Saturday)

ongbenghui

Reaction score
Just my recent experience with HTC service center. My HTC phone is not working, hardware problem.

The harbourFront place seems to be a front end customer service center only. Went over, saw 2 CS actually working. 1 middle age guy, got a HTC Dream and seems so clueless about it. 1 CS quite helpful, show this lots of stuff, while the rest all waiting there. :(

Finally, 1 CS attend to me. Just explain to her about my problem. Given that it is within 7 days of purchase, I should get a 1:1 replacement. But she has call other people elsewhere to check if I can get a 1:1 replacement.
I got my receipt but it is not one of their "authorized dealer. I saw the list, only Singtel, Starhub, Courts, etc are listed. Very short and old list. None of the smaller dealer are on the list. 3Mobile which I got my phone from, is not on the list. After a few calls from her, she finally confirmed that I can get 1:1 replacement. But, I need to get the replacement from SIS. :( So, after filling up a form, I went to SIS.

Once I am at SIS, the CS lady check the phone, and ask her technician. After a short while, she said, technician said accessories fault. :( Geez, I ask her to check again. Harbourfront CS has tested it and it is the phone fault. Then, she went back to find the technician again. After a few minutes, come back, and yeah, confirm that the phone maybe faulty, but technician want to test a software refresh if it works.

So, I waited... :) pull out my laptop, do my work, make a few calls on my backup nokia. Finally, 45 min later. She check and bring out a new phone for me. She is quite nice, clean the screen and apply the screen protector. Once, tested, all aligned. I am out with a new phone.

:)

Couple of advise... Maybe don't go to HarbourFront, call and go straight to SIS. HarbourFront can't do replacement. Waste of time to go there.

I think the CS in HarbourFront need more training. I am not sure it is their job to "educate" clueless user. Especially with a queue of other customers waiting.

I think SIS technician, who ever that person, is clueless. Can't even do a simple test to check if it is a phone problem or an accessories problem.

Vulpix

Reaction score
I'm so afraid of bringing my Touch Pro down for servicing, not know what NEW problems I might bring back. I am thankful that my phone is still working like a charm.

kaing88

Reaction score
omg...all the comments make HTC sounds so scary...
haih...i just got my HTC HD..and i m having porblem with the micro SD card tat come with the phone...it is 8gb memory card..it is not working when i insert it into the phone..the phone somehow cant read the card and says it is not installed in the phone...is the warranty covers the SD card? so sad u know...they gave me a spoilt card...haih..

annelow

Reaction score
well last year when my diamond died, i went to look for them. took them 2 days to get it repaired.

well their cust. service not bad wad ...

tony_l76

Reaction score
i went sis building to service my tytn II they did not install my camera button properly lucky i was not far when discover the problem. so guy better check b4 leaving.

samsarae

Reaction score
Disappointed

just to correct, taken from dopod website:

Singapore Service Centre
SiS Technologies Pte Ltd (Singapore)
4, Leng Kee Road
#02-08 SiS Building
Singapore 159088
Tel: +65 64739898
Fax: +65 64734512 / +65 64721297
Opening hours: 1. Service Date: Monday to Saturday (not included public holiday)
2. Service hour: 9:00 AM to 5:00PM (Monday to Friday)
3. Service hour: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm on Saturday

Customer Service Hotline
Customer service enquiry - 1800 2387788
Dear valuable customer, kindly note that with effect from 1st June, our hotline service will change as following:
1. Service Date: Monday – Friday (not included public holiday)
2. Service hour: 9:00 AM – 7:00PM

Call centre is for software issue while SIS centre is for hardware repair, both are different companies.

Dun wan bros here to keep calling the call centre (1800 2387788) and couldn't get through. waste time(what i experience :( )

Hi,

Apparently come to my knowledge now that this call centre (1800 2387788) is routed to Taiwan.

My case was closed abruptly pending a reply from their Singapore manager to respond to my complain and query. And yet they have the cheek to send me a customer service excellence feedback expecting to grade them.
They said my phone of less than one year mainboard is faulty according to a sticker in the battery compartment. "Technician quoted $636.70 for mainboard replacement". All I got was a picture taken frm Singapore and email reply from a technician and customer service agent from Taiwan. Being a tech, do you not have to physically check and test to confirm?

Pls anyone who owns a HTC pls check the colour of the sticker to see if it is pink.
For all you know it was already pink when you purchased and no one told you to check.
Poor product with poor customer service and care.
I WILL NOT touch HTC ever. New buyers pls rethink your choice......

Zongling I share your sentiments.

initialbeaute

Reaction score
oh god, is htc service that bad? goodness.. i wanted to purchase my first htc diamond 2 and i read through all these horrifying comments... now im having 2nd thoughts.

nofate

Master Member
Reaction score
went down ystd to repair my TD2.. reach there ard 235..
zzzz the staff say next come come b4 215.. last number liao..
wtf e web clearly state 3pm.. zzzz
anyway waited for all e number holder cust to clear then my turn..
while my turn e staff chatting among themself..
i quote "wow so hot.. think they off the aircon. aiyo no aircon no OT pay" then she look at me..
i was really wtf..

but then.. they provide delivery services for repair fone.. tat is gd imho... :s12:

bsastor

Reaction score
buying a phone is really a heng sueh business...hai...
service ctr also no guaruntee will have e kinda service one expects...
my phone coming next tuesday thru online purchase...
anyone have same experience can share if they let you check the phone at all or just drop off...
kinda thinking it'll just be a delivery man from outsourced company tat doesn't know a poop about the phone. if anything will have to go down to singtel shop or HTC service centre...
damn this online shop "exclusive" purchase... majiam forcing consumers to take suspicious batch of phones tat we can't check.
scary...too many horror stories liao.

glenyang

Reaction score
You know, digging up old threads just to state your displeasure only makes it more plain what a tool you are. :)

I agree with tlkchew. And there's nothing wrong digging up an 'sticky' old thread to re-discuss.

My HTC diamond 2 just pass the warranty date recently and the ear speaker failed. Called their toll-free for their free collect and deliver service. Man came another day to my office to collect phone after forgetting 1st appt. Told me since no more warranty, $30+ fee is charged to "evaluate" my phone.

You mean I should pay HTC $30 just to hear from them what they think is my phone's problem? For $30, I'd blanjah 30 brothers here a small cup of kopi-o at nearby coffee shop and still have change back.

Fyi, SingTel gave me a free nokia 5800 for my office adsl line re-contract. with that quickoffice and that ovi map thingy loaded. Comes with free 8gb too. Comparing package inclusive, HTC came with no microsd nor free gps s/w.

Last HTC product I will procure for my office and staff.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree with tlkchew. And there's nothing wrong digging up an 'sticky' old thread to re-discuss.

My HTC diamond 2 just pass the warranty date recently and the ear speaker failed. Called their toll-free for their free collect and deliver service. Man came another day to my office to collect phone after forgetting 1st appt. Told me since no more warranty, $30+ fee is charged to "evaluate" my phone.

You mean I should pay HTC $30 just to hear from them what they think is my phone's problem? For $30, I'd blanjah 30 brothers here a small cup of kopi-o at nearby coffee shop and still have change back.

Fyi, SingTel gave me a free nokia 5800 for my office adsl line re-contract. with that quickoffice and that ovi map thingy loaded. Comes with free 8gb too. Comparing package inclusive, HTC came with no microsd nor free gps s/w.

Last HTC product I will procure for my office and staff.
And have you read his posts? You know why he said that?

You try bringing that Nokia 5800 to NCC for any repairs and then you know what is called hell.

colinquek

Reaction score
CS Stories

Was thinking to buy HTC Desire, and thought i check out how HTC after sales service is. Now thinking again...

Anyone has other recent experience to share?

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was thinking to buy HTC Desire, and thought i check out how HTC after sales service is. Now thinking again...

Anyone has other recent experience to share?
try finding one csc from any phone manufacturer that doesn't have a horror story.... :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.