Visiting BALI first time, need advice/ recommendations?

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dun be surprise that Bali hotels are quite expensive. cost of living has gone up.

wwwsquallcom

Reaction score
dun be surprise that Bali hotels are quite expensive. cost of living has gone up.

My total cost airfare + hotel 8 days 8 night is $650, still ok.

Just search around asia room, there are some great find inside.

Also I found that the rate go up in April. So I going in March to R&R.

stellamara

Master Member
Reaction score
My total cost airfare + hotel 8 days 8 night is $650, still ok.

Just search around asia room, there are some great find inside.

Also I found that the rate go up in April. So I going in March to R&R.

wow 8 nights $650?? crazy rate , its budget accomodation i suppose but really awesome. after going there, i realised u either classify urself as a island tourer, meaning wanna see as much as possible and heck care abt rooms or really a balinese luxury enjoyment tourist. which u can booka villa to stay as all their villa are really nt bad.

sanyas suite is located at jln petitenget , near to a long stretch of restaurants, near to the famous "samaya" but sanyas itself is really nt bad compared to samaya. rates from what i see have increased quitea lot compared to the time i book in oct. nw asiaroom rate for normal lowest one its $330 / night. mayb u can ask for a better deal from teh hotel direct which ithink would be quite hard.

stellamara

Master Member
Reaction score
i eat at a so call romantic dinner by the bench..
i forgot the actual name of the place..
but it was like so...smoky..
and over commercialized.......haha.
bbq every where..n ppl are all eating at the bench....like hawkher by the bench onli.
i feel..
can give it a miss....

i agreed. paid a stupid near $100 for that seafood by the beach scam.

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$650 is indeed great rate. my air tix alone was $550 december 2008. SQ>

Aegis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i agreed. paid a stupid near $100 for that seafood by the beach scam.

didn't you walk around before settling on a place, I found that prices varied ALOT. In the end for two I paid only about S$30 which was well worth it just for the lobster alone.

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$650's pretty good. A friend is able to get it at around that price.

S$176 - Return ticket via ValuAir (promo liao)
S$ 49 - Room rate per night @ Green Garden Hotel in Kuta, inclusive of breakfast and 2 way transfer.

So S$49 x 8 nights = S$392 + $176 = S$568.

btw, any suggestions on an itinerary that will cover Uluwatu?

:Later,

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

I going Bali in March for 8 days, planning to go snorkeling.
any one know the snorkeling rate in bali?
I look through the website and find most rate abit expensive $45 USD.
Where did you find that US$45 snorkelling package? What's covered or included (hotel pickup and return, meals etc?)?

I am planning to pick up Bali Hai Reef Cruise during our March visit to Bali. That's almost twice your package though, at US$85 per adult. :(

Appreciate if you can share the info you've got.

Thanks!

wwwsquallcom

Reaction score
I actually book 4 hotels in total. I found that there are some very good for money resort in asia room.

1st night I choose a cheap stay $30 per night as I touch down at Bali at 9.30pm, no point getting any good room. But the time I reach hotel, it could be midnight.

Sanur 1st night
http://www.asiarooms.com/indonesia/bali/swastika_bungalows.html

Sanur 2nd and 3rd night i choose deluxe, and I found the room quite nice
http://www.asiarooms.com/indonesia/bali/diwangkara_holiday_villa.html

4th and 5th Ubud
http://www.asiarooms.com/indonesia/bali/saren_indah.html

6-8th night
http://www.asiarooms.com/indonesia/bali/taman_sari_bali_cottages.html

I don't intend to stay in the hotel for too long, but the room to me must be of bali style and not too bad. I prefer to save on room and spend on massage or spa or eating.

Will post a review on the hotel when I go in March.

wwwsquallcom

Reaction score
Where did you find that US$45 snorkelling package? What's covered or included (hotel pickup and return, meals etc?)?

I am planning to pick up Bali Hai Reef Cruise during our March visit to Bali. That's almost twice your package though, at US$85 per adult. :(

Appreciate if you can share the info you've got.

Thanks!

I forget where I found it, as i was using yahoo search under bali snorkelling.

Anyone have any good lobang as I know the local charges us quite high.

wlcling

Reaction score
don't miss Jimbaran bay's grilled seafood but ignore the bungalow-style houses which are tourist traps and really really expensive (i think even more expensive than in sg)

I recommend Lia's cafe (Jalan Pemelisan Agung Jimbaran Beach - 081 2390 7411) just further down Jimbaran Bay. The prices are very cheap & food is good. 60k IDR (less than $10) for a kg of fish (red snapper, grouper, etc...). You have other choices of squid, prawns, tiger prawns, clams for around that price a kg as well.

lazy student

Reaction score
Don't forget to visit Tanah Lot, the sunset scenery is very good :D

For those who love to dive, can go to Amed and Tulamben in Eastern part of Bali

Anyone has tried "Sate Plecing"? This is one of the best local food, try it at "Warung Sate Plecing Arjuna", Jalan Arjuna Denpasar. The price is considered very cheap for Singaporean :)

If u want to buy some traditional Balinese souvenir, u can go to "Erlangga 2", at Jalan Nusa Kambangan, Denpasar, one T-Shirt will only costs u Rp. 15000-Rp. 50000($2-$7)

hwsv07

Reaction score
anyone tried not booking accomodation online and go there and find?

wouldn't it be cheaper and you can also see all the accomodation available over there and those not listed online... sometimes online agents (middleman) are not always cheap.

wwwsquallcom

Reaction score
so far the online website I had compare is between asia room and direct to hotel.

It seem that direct to hotel is more expensive and they post in USD.

You may like to research other site and post feed back here

I choose asia rm is because they have more buget hotel under their belt

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wouldn't it be cheaper and you can also see all the accomodation available over there and those not listed online... sometimes online agents (middleman) are not always cheap.
The problem with this approach is that it's a risk, and there's no guarantee whatsoever that:

- You'll get a room at your preferred hotel/accomodation
- Room rate will be cheaper

Besides, it can be quite a waste of time searching around, hopping from one hotel to another to inquire.

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to visit Tanah Lot, the sunset scenery is very good :D
Any recommended place to go to that will cover Tanah Lot? I haven't worked up my itinerary yet though Tanah Lot is on the list, I've got no clue yet how arrange my itinerary (what places to visit on which day). Haiz.. busy.

khee

Reaction score

most of the time in other place, online website is cheaper that booking wif the hotel website.. somehow in bali is the different... in bali, most of the hotel is own by individual... ur room enquiry will go directly to the boss... u can try to email them for the best rate they can quote u... sometime they can throw in free massage or transport on top of the standard room rates... normally in the hotel industry, if the agent is big in size, the hotel is willing to give more margin to them and they can sell it cheaper.... not neccessary tat agent price is always higher...

khee

Reaction score
Any recommended place to go to that will cover Tanah Lot? I haven't worked up my itinerary yet though Tanah Lot is on the list, I've got no clue yet how arrange my itinerary (what places to visit on which day). Haiz.. busy.

the last time i go, i cover the volcano in the morning and tanah lot in the evening...

Aegis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rent a car and chauffeur for a day, can easily cover the volcano(kitamani), rice paddies, ubud, tanah lot in a day.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.