Visiting BALI first time, need advice/ recommendations?

thechariot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rent a car and chauffeur for a day, can easily cover the volcano(kitamani), rice paddies, ubud, tanah lot in a day.

but like that would be quite rushing.. cannot enjoy the full experience of everything.. my exp, you need at least 2-3 days to clear all.. even three days to me is kinda rushing.. lol..

chak chak chak chak chak~
*om om om om om*

khee

Reaction score
some how the volcano area is not so tourist friendly... maybe if u take tour group, it is better... self drive there, the hawker will juz swamp to u...

lufu

Master Member
Reaction score
Airasia from Singapore to Bali. $50 nett per person for a return air ticket travelling in July 2009.

Accor Hotel having 3 day sale ending on 26 Feb 2009. Booked Novotel Bali Benoa at USD$43 per night which worked out to be about SGD$65 per night

Last edited:

aberfitch73

Reaction score
I recommend going to Ubud.

Food-wise, KuDeTa is nice but $$ (remember to make reservations).

Bali has one of the highest hotel taxes...ard 21%, so either you have hotel points (use them), or get rate inclusive of taxes.

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Airasia from Singapore to Bali. $50 nett per person for a return air ticket travelling in July 2009.
Wow. Didn't know AirAsia now flies direct to Bali.

Good to have another alternative.

:Later,

Iloveholiday

Reaction score
oh.. i got that great deal at $50/pax.. i booked for 2 pax, one with baggage check in and the total is only $108 for 2 pax. GREAT GREAT DEAL!

Any more great tips to share on bali? Such as like Good hotels, great food, activities...
Anybody have the idea what are the spots that will be covered if i book the snorkelling package?

Thanks!

Kevin10

Master Member
Reaction score
Same.. I book for a total of $66.40 including choosing of Seat for my trip in May... =)
Will be heading for Lovina beach this time round and also cover Ubud..=)

kyukyu

Reaction score
Same here... Going in April

Hotel:
Novotel Benoa
Nikko Bali Hotel

I have this recomendation from my friend.

Will recommend to you guys later

Last edited:

Kevin10

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh.. Bro, ur watersports are cheap compare to the one I did in my previous trip..
Please do share the service..haa.. I might need also. =)

My supposed Itenary:
Day1
Reached at 1230PM:
Straight travel to UBUD and also Rafting.
Later Afternoon head to Tanah Lot
Back to hotel for Check-in(Lovina Beach Area) and R&R for the night

Day2:
Activities regarding to Dolphins
Gigit Waterfalls and anything interesting which is nearby..
Travel to Seminyak or Kuta depending on where my friends stay & R&R

Day 3:

Back To SG

Last edited:

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The car rental with driver and petrol inclusive at 350k is pretty good. For how long is that? I'm getting mine at 450k for 12 hrs. :)

If you can share where you got your quotes for the watersports, please do. :)

:Later,

kyukyu

Reaction score
It stated there for 10 hours.

additinal hour will be 35k.

I need to get confirmation from the person first before I share here, if you guys want it. :)

XsenseX

Master Member
Reaction score
Can try their Magic Mushroom if you adventurous & with a small group of friends. Read up on it first.

SleepyDay

Reaction score
just went back from bali few days ago
its so amazing
went to this restaurant with an amazing view
3310728467_4e9079f28d.jpg

you should try babi(pork) guling and nasi pedes (spicy rice?) too

joanlee

Reaction score
I will be going weekend of 18 in April. Can share info on the driver and other activities? My group is size of 10..

stellamara

Master Member
Reaction score
cannnnnnnnnn tell me how to book from air asia? seems like i am not gettin the promo rates!

lufu

Master Member
Reaction score
try other dates. Airfare $0.00 airport tax and other misc comes up to $50 return for 1 pax.

ferringi

Reaction score
i have just book mine for the zero fly away ..paying $62 in total for 8 days trip. Did not intend to stay that long as i am travel alone but eventually just click the purchase in impulse as i have to paid for return flight if i shorter the trip. my purpose will be mainly photography.

Looking for travel partner now to share cost on renting car. kinda sick to negotiate and being harrass by the tour guide and driver..anyone? email me at ferringi2000@yahoo.com if you are interested. period in bali 27/7 to 3/8. can meet in between the period too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.