Which MBA?

ElleB1818

Reaction score
Is there alot of locals doing this MBA? I am thinking of this as well, mainly because pricing wise, it is very competitive, and yet, its ranking are pretty high in UK as well as international wise.

abt 70% of the class are locals, 30% expats - from India, China, Germany, Russia, even British. The price has not changed since 2004, heard that they might increase the fees but so far no confirmation. $24,500/- , a good recognised Uni.., strong staff support too. thats value.

call them, they would also link you with an alumni or current student if you are keen.

intensebran

Reaction score
Anyone signing up for the Manchester MBA for finance professionals? I'm thinking of signing up for the accelerated programme since I have exemptions from ACCA.

crease123

Reaction score
I am inclined towards manchester. But as the folks here suggest, I should complete my cfa first. L2 is a tough nut to crack... :s27:

I'm currently writing my CFA L3 now, and I have to say L2, materials-wise, is the "heart-break mountain". Do you go to the analyst forum? Lots of helpful topics there.

callingmegod

Reaction score
I don't have the statistics, but I would think the the more successful businessmen and businesswomen are awarded Honoary doctorates from genuine institutions. While honorary doctorates generally don't use their "Dr" title(s), there are quite a few that do.

you would think? use your brain. most honorary doctorates awarded to "successfuL" local businessmen are "brought" through donations.

eshawn

Reaction score
I have been always contemplating between degrees in Finance/Financial Engineering in Singapore and CFA. tough choice to make. Found a website that could help. You can refer to it on http://whycfa.blogspot.com. Cheers!

cfachick

Reaction score
I'm currently writing my CFA L3 now, and I have to say L2, materials-wise, is the "heart-break mountain". Do you go to the analyst forum? Lots of helpful topics there.

I second to that. I am still trying to figure out what is durbin watsons, dickey fuller. haha. AF is useful, many people on the same boat. Tough tough... so tough that i have to put my mba plans on hold.:eek:

Cherylpro

Reaction score
have you thot abt Birmingham Business School MBA?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am doing my MBA with Birmingham Business School given by AEC Bus Sch.

Honestly, in the beginning I was sceptical abt the school as it is not as fancy as MDIS or Kaplan etc. But looking at structure - block lessons, schedules, it suits me. They gave 8 modules plus thesis. Taking one module per term helps as my researches are focussed. Its my preference eventho I have a baby to care for, I am able to cope with the wkend lessons. yeah burn 4days lah but if you want and MBA, the MUST be effort and some sacrifices ya.

Their price is also competitive and has not changed sicne 2004. Still $24,500/- comparable to Strathclyde and Nottingham. They have boucned back in their rankings this year on FT also. I even moved job and got a pay rise while doing my mba. I am right now up to my last module this coming April 2009. Their lecturers comes from the Uni also. The Director of the school comes down to signapore often enough to see the students, knowing them by name even.

Do give Birmingham a thought. It works for me, maybe will for you.

I totally agreee with ElleB. I am looking forward to start up my MBA soon, after much consideration, i feel that AEC Business school has provided the best service promoting their Birmingham MBA. The programme is accredited by AMBA and EQUIS and fully delivered by faculty lecturers.

Not forgetting the course fee which is way more affordable as compared to others.

crease123

Reaction score
I second to that. I am still trying to figure out what is durbin watsons, dickey fuller. haha. AF is useful, many people on the same boat. Tough tough... so tough that i have to put my mba plans on hold.:eek:

Oh boy, those names sound so terrible right now. Level 2 sure was painful.

But don't worry, slog through level 2 and level 3 is much more easier and interesting to study.

cfachick

Reaction score
Oh boy, those names sound so terrible right now. Level 2 sure was painful.

But don't worry, slog through level 2 and level 3 is much more easier and interesting to study.

Portfolio mgt is the worst. but minus all the stress, the curriculum is pretty interesting. multinational operations is a nice read but i still cannot remember temporal method.

Check ur pm, i drop u a msg !

Kelcc

Reaction score
Anybody signing up for the manchester? I am inclined to sign up. Need to check some stuffs.

crease123

Reaction score
Portfolio mgt is the worst. but minus all the stress, the curriculum is pretty interesting. multinational operations is a nice read but i still cannot remember temporal method.

Check ur pm, i drop u a msg !

Oh without a doubt. While studying, I always thought PM is one of the easier topic, but for some reason I have always scored the lowest in this section.

SpInErGy

Reaction score
Accepted into University Of Bradford MBA... First day @ 27th April 2009... Anybody with me? :Xxxx

Jarlaxle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone here has check out city univ of new york?
i have seen 2 courses there that im interested
msc in finance and intl biz & marketing

theres no course fee listed there too
but i feel the programme is decent

any feedback about this school ?

kalone

Reaction score
I've been a Bradford degree graduate for 3 years and I'm thinking of furthering my studies with a MBA. Bradford MBA seems to be my natural choice of advancement as I'm already quite accustomed to their style of teaching.

On the other hand, the Strathclyde MBA has also caught my eye due to their strategy-focus approach, decent FT ranking, triple accreditation and value for money ($33k is what I was informed), which I was pretty impressed with. I've seen the negative comments posted in this forum previously, which did cast a little bit of doubt. Now, I heard that the staff at YMCA were quite good. Anyone can attest to this?

My recent visit to the ymca booth during the Education fair has eased my doubt. The staff were friendly and they were able to provide sound advice on the MBA course.

I would like to gather more feedback before making a decision. Is there anyone who can provide more feedback on the strathclyde mba?

infocard9886

Reaction score
I've been a Bradford degree graduate for 3 years and I'm thinking of furthering my studies with a MBA. Bradford MBA seems to be my natural choice of advancement as I'm already quite accustomed to their style of teaching.

On the other hand, the Strathclyde MBA has also caught my eye due to their strategy-focus approach, decent FT ranking, triple accreditation and value for money ($33k is what I was informed), which I was pretty impressed with. I've seen the negative comments posted in this forum previously, which did cast a little bit of doubt. Now, I heard that the staff at YMCA were quite good. Anyone can attest to this?

My recent visit to the ymca booth during the Education fair has eased my doubt. The staff were friendly and they were able to provide sound advice on the MBA course.

I would like to gather more feedback before making a decision. Is there anyone who can provide more feedback on the strathclyde mba?

Strathclyde is okie but YMCA is NOT ! However if you have low expectations , you might still be able to tolerate the YMCA style of doing things.

For me, it is too late as I have paid up all my fees. I can only grin and bear with it. Somehow,I still hope strathclyde will change to a better provider.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.