Last edited:

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Coolermaster UCP 700W Review

DSCF0639.JPG

DSCF0680.JPG

Summary

Coolermaster targets the UCP series at those of us who want exceptional performance at uncompromising quality. While voltage regulation and efficiency are indeed up to this challenge, the ripple suppression and the high price conspire to throw water on the flames of my excitement. I find the UCP 700W to be a very good, but not great unit. If they can lower the boom on the 12V ripple, things will improve dramatically for this unit.

The Good:

* very efficient
* exceptionally stable
* fantastic ripple and noise suppression on the 3.3V/5V rails
* nice looking unit
* multirail 12V OCP set at just over 36A

The Bad:

* my sample didn't quite pull in 80 Plus Silver efficiency

The Mediocre:

* expensive, likely due to the VRM design
* OST and Ltec capacitors on a premium priced unit? No thanks.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=141

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Review
Several weeks ago, I introduced you to a brand new platform from Enermax in the Revolution 85+ 1050W power supply and lamented the fact that the 1250W model in the line was not available in North America due to issues getting it certified with the Underwriter's Laboratories. Well, as it turns out, I wasn't the only one lamenting that fact, for Enermax themselves started looking for a way around it.

The result of all this lamenting is the Galaxy Evo 1250W unit I have before me today. This is a 1250W 80 Plus Bronze certified monster of a unit that is sure to make any power user happy.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=145

Enermax Liberty ECO 500W Review
Enermax are one of the world’s most reputable switching PSU manufacturers and their products are considered to be some of the best that money can buy. They continuously release products that never cease to please even the most hardcore of PC users. Not long ago Enermax enriched their product line-up with several new products and series, one of them being the world class Revolution85+ unit which we reviewed a few months ago. Enermax haven’t forgotten about the mainstream market and they have released several mid range products as well. Today at DriverHeaven we have one of their latest mainstream products, the Liberty Eco 500W unit. The Liberty Eco is a modular PSU, designed to offer good overall performance and superior reliability at a competitive price.
http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews.php?reviewid=762

Last edited:

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seasonic M12D 750W Review
Well informed enthusiasts already know that Seasonic are the OEM manufacturer behind a large percentage of high performance power supplies released to the retail market.

Seasonic directly have focused on the OEM market, therefore it would be rare to find a Seasonic branded retail product on store shelves. It was only recently that Seasonic have decided to release many high performance retail products under their own brand name. Today we will review one of their higher end products, the M12D 750W PSU. The M12D 750W boasts some very impressive specifications, but at the same time its retail price requires it to compete against the best products of its class. We will soon find out if it can take on some of the finest PSUs released in the retail market to this date.

Manufacturer's Features & Specifications

* Super high efficiency (up to 90%) – Green solution for lowering energy consumption, noise and heat.
* DC to DC Converter Design – Superior dynamic response and greater system stability
* Practical Dual 12V Rails – Ample 12V output with OCP for extreme utilization
* Tight voltage regulation – Improved load regulation to reduce voltage variations
* Highly reliable 105°C Japanese Brand Capacitors – Exceptionally reliable components extend product life
* Solid Caps on 12Vs for Extreme Stress Operation Conditions – Enhanced stability at severe operating conditions
* Active Power Factor Correction (99% PF) – Reduces line loss and power distortions
* Dual Sided PCB Layout – Better utilization of PCB space to enhance quality and performance
* Detachable Modular Cables – Flexible cable solution to reduce clutter
* San Ace Silent Fan (Sanyo Denki) – Premium quality fan for silent operation
* Smart & Silent Fan Control (S2FC) – Smart thermal control to balance between noise and cooling
* Ultra Ventilation (Honey Comb Structure) – Minimizes airflow resistance for maximum cooling
* Multi-GPU Technologies Supported – 6P and 8P PCI-E connectors to support all multi-GPU platforms.
* All-in-One DC cabling design – Supports PC, IPC, workstation and server systems
* Universal AC Input (Full Range) – Plug and run safely anywhere in the world
* Patented Easy Swap Connector – Unplug the connectors easily, quickly and safely
* 5 Year Warranty – Our commitment to superior quality
http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews.php?reviewid=767

Edgardavids

Reaction score
Currently got promo in vrz for this @ $299 but 7 pcs only, dunno if still available though...

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Corsair teases new HX-series power supplies
Corsair's HX-series power supplies are widely regarded as some of the very best, and the Californian manufacturer is today teasing two new models that will be launched before the end of the month.

The upcoming HX750W - pictured below in pre-production form - and a second of unknown wattage will arrive at retail with the familiar HX-series aesthetics, at least 80+ Bronze certification, flat-black modular cables and a new customised fan-speed profile to ensure quiet operation when under load.

corsair-hx750-new.jpg

No word on pricing just yet, but expect an official launch in just a few weeks. As with the recent HX450W, both new models will be backed by Corsair's seven-year warranty.
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=18262

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thermaltake Toughpower XT 850W

DSCF1359.jpg

Greetings once again, loyal readers. As you can see by the above picture, I'm taking on another power supply for review today. This time, it's Thermaltake's brand new Toughpower XT, a line of units featuring things like single 12V rails, 5 year warranties, and 80 Plus certification.

This particular model is the W0230RU, an 850W unit that comes in with 80 Plus Bronze certification.

DSCF1362.jpg

* 12Vin1:
As the +12Vrails deliver the major power to many of the components in a modern PC system, it is important to ensure each +12V rail provides adequate current for the relevant components. Inadequate current in any rail or poor distribution of current among the rails may lead to serious compatibility problems. Thermaltake understands your worries of the compatibility between PSU and your system, so we implement a pure and powerful single +12V rail to provide the best compatibility for your PC.
-oh, man... where to begin. Friends, a properly designed and well built PSU is a properly designed and well built PSU, regardless of 12V rail topology. I know single 12V designs that suck lemons, and I know sextuple designs that utterly rock the house. The key is to do your homework beforehand and buy a unit appropriately sized to your hardware needs, and you will find that for the most part the unit's designers have done their job properly, whether your target PSU is single 12V or not.
* High Quality Japanese Capacitor:
Capacitors play very important roles in a power supply unit. Poor capacitors may lead to shorter life time, system instability, voltages fluctuating, and even damage the power supply unit. Toughpower XT series, built to the highest standard of quality, has implemented the high quality capacitors on the primary side and also the secondary side. All the high quality capacitors in Toughpower XT power supply units are Japanese-made and have the highest level of workmanship.
-while this is all pretty much true, they left one out here. Failing capacitors can also increase ripple and noise, because they can no longer suppress it properly. But you'd have to be running a poorly built unit with "out of the back of a white van" capacitors to worry about that much these days. Many second tier capacitor brands like Teapo and Samxon actually do pretty well in computer SMPS use ..........
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=147

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the thermaltake not scoring very well. seems like alot pple think it is overpriced :s42:

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if compare 12v rails, andyson 650w is 504w n hec win+ 700w is 648w. hec win+ 600w is 504w so hec is actually much cheaper. andyson 650w n hec win+ 700w r bth 80+ bronze. hec win+ 600w is 80+. quality wise i dunno :s42:

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Which shop in SLS selling Seasonic M12D-850 and what price???

defn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if compare 12v rails, andyson 650w is 504w n hec win+ 700w is 648w. hec win+ 600w is 504w so hec is actually much cheaper. andyson 650w n hec win+ 700w r bth 80+ bronze. hec win+ 600w is 80+. quality wise i dunno :s42:
Thanks bro, so looks like the HEC is the clear winner here based on specs/price. Now if only I could find a damn review.

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well, even for andyson also not ez to find review :s42:

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W Review
On this cloudy and dreary spring day, I find myself once more looking at a unit that promises to be anything but dreary. Yes, friends, I'm having me a look at another Enermax unit, this time the lowest powered offering in the Revolution 85+ line. At 850 watts, this unit hopes to bring the awesome performance I've experienced twice before on this platform to those users who don't need a 1050W or 1250W monster of a unit.

You will recall that these units have done exceptionally well in scoring here at the site, but I have a confession: this is not the cheapest platform out there to produce. Quite frankly, I wonder if this unit will perform well enough at 850W to command the high price tag that seems inevitable with a complicated design like this. We're going to find that out, yes we will. But first, some obligatory box shots.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=150

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Corsair HX850W Power Supply Review
Another week and another company coming in trying to show authority in what is probably the hardest PSU segment to hit a home run in; the 850 watt computer power supply. One has performed great, a few have done OK; where does Corsair fit into the mix?
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTY0OSwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Corsair HX850W Power Supply Review
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=18606

Enermax Liberty ECO 500W Power Supply Review
Enermax has a well earned reputation for delivering reliable power supplies, enclosures, and other accessories to the PC enthusiast market. Enermax recently introduced their new Liberty ECO series of power supplies, which includes three models ranging from 400W, 500W, and 620W. The Liberty ECO 500W that we are reviewing today features quiet operation, high efficiency,and semi-modular cables with dual PCI-E connectors. The Liberty ECO 500W PSU is designed for 24/7 operation at up to 40°C and is backed by Enermax's 3-year warranty.
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=711

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 910 PSU review
Now, in the world of power supplies a lot has changed over the years. Everybody is selling the darn things and the funny thing is, there are probably less than ten real power supply manufacturers on this globe. Saturated is what this market is, but that's not exactly a negative thing though. The demand for power supplies versus the numerous brands available these days had a positive effect: seen overall, the quality of power supplies have become much much better. Next to that you got more options and features as well. Last but not least, a hip thing these days is of course the efficiency of the power supply.

PC Power and cooling creates the best of the best among power supplies, they however keep their design simple. No multiple 12 Volts rails, no Sir, it all comes from one single rail, apparently more robust and efficient. Cable management ? Ehm, no Sir, all cables are connected as modability would have an effect on overall efficiency here as well.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/pc-power-cooling-silencer-910-psu-review/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.