Sager/Clevo Users' Lounge

clickade

Reaction score
Hi,

I would have thought that Sager would be widely known here and a small lounge thread would at least be created.:)

Amusingly, none exists on HWZ here, so I made this small-ish one here, so we, the minority notebook users can chit-chat and help each other with minor problems (Where the solution is like, restart PC or update BIOS or drivers or cleaning the insides of our *ahem* investments. :D )

Ppl who want to know more about how to get one themselves and what the shipping costs may be who the heck are Sager can come and post a question, hopefully answered within a day. :s7: (There seems to be an influx of "Is Sager that good?" or "Should I order through reseller or direct off manufacturer?" questions recently, which is messing up the forum a little, heheh) Also, before posting, please read this FAQ thread also: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=264311 so general questions can already be addressed.

....Also.....

Sager notebook users of Singapore, here's your chance to show off your notebooks! Post your specs and the year you purchased it (Sager models are replaced quite fast don't ya'll think?). If you want to, we would also like to know your purchase experience and your line of work too! :s12:

Here are a few of known Sager users (or soon-to-be-users):

(1) clickade
Model: NP9262 (2009)
Ordered through/from: XoticPC, US
Review: Just below \/

(2) Wzierbovsky
Model: NP5660 (2003)
Ordered through/from: PCTorque, US
Review: TBA

(3) arcana75
Model: NP8662 (2009)
Ordered through/from: PCTorque, US
Review: Sager NP8662: From the US to my room, a review!

(4) schizer
Model: TBA (2009)
Ordered through/from: TBA
Review: Coming Soon (hopefully!)

(5) GitzJoey
Model: NP5797 (2009)
Ordered through/from: Cubehub, SG
Review: [GitzJoey] Sager NP5797
(6) harky
Review: [Harky Review] My Sager NP8662

(7) bc9488
Model: NP9280 (2009)
Ordered through/from: Mucro.Asia, SG

(8) berlow
Ordered through/from: CubeHub, SG
Review: berlow's Review /w Pics!

(9) chikaslim
Ordered through/from: Mucro.Asia, SG
Review: chickaslim's Honest Review...
(10) endriago

(11) SG_AV_SC
Ordered Through: Cubehub, SG

**If there are any errors or updates, feel free to drop me a PM, or post in this thread. I'll apply the necessary changes ASAP.

My review:

Sager NP9262 (Clevo D901C):

17" WUXGA "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright Glossy Screen (1920x1200)
Intel Core 2 QUAD Q9650 3.0GHz w/ 12MB L2 Cache - 1333MHz FSB
nVidia Quadro FX3700M 1,024MB PCI-Express DDR3 DX10
4,096MB DDR2 800MHz (2 SODIMMS) Dual Channel Memory
3x 500GB 5400RPM (Serial-ATA II 300 - 8MB Cache) (Total 1.5TB) in RAID 0
Panasonic UJ Blu-Ray ReadWrite Super Multi DVD+/ -R/RW BD-R/RE Dual Layer Burner
Smart Li-ion Battery (12 Cell)
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit Installed (Soon to be Windows 7!)

Year of Purchase:

Purchase Experience:

I purchased mine from XoticPC and the service there was (and still is) excellent. They will reply to your queries within the day, during working hours. For example, the one of the staff there, Justin Woitte was ready to help in literally every question I threw at him, from whether I could squeeze another Quadro inside the NP9262 (Don't ask =:p) to the Telegraphic Transfer application details.

I ordered through UPS and had to pay the 7% GST by cash. Didn't have the cash ready on original delivery date, so had to say bb to the package just sitting 1 metre away for a few days (Heart pain :() But got reunited with it in the end! Just in time for start of work!

EDIT: Ah, also, people who wish to buy Sagers from US, please learn from my mistake of assuming the 3-pin plugs we know and love are used worldwide! The 3-pin plug supplied by XoticPC was only tailored for US power sockets only, so you may have to buy an extra plug or pin adaptor (Is it called that?).

Line of Work:
Student/Amateur artist/Amateur composer/Part-time writer

Finally, any pics of your notebook will be duly appreciated! :D

Cheers!

Last edited:

Wzierbovsky

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ordered a Sager 5660 from the US to Singapore before. Wasn't charged GST - but this was in Jan 2003, so fully decked out it cost just over $3K. Ordered it from PCTorque.

clickade

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my Sager:

SagerisHere.jpg

I still remember the day it arrived :)

Photo0318.jpg

Here is a pic of my stuff (Yes, that is a reference model/dummy for figure sketching :s22:)

clickade

Reaction score
Ordered a Sager 5660 from the US to Singapore before. Wasn't charged GST - but this was in Jan 2003, so fully decked out it cost just over $3K. Ordered it from PCTorque.

Wow, imagine that, no GST! What was the specs for the 5660 then, might I ask? Anyways, I hope hope you had a great time using it! :)

clickade

Reaction score
Sorry for double post, but a new Sager, the NP9280 has been added to the Sager line!

92802.jpg

As updated on the XoticPC site,

- The world’s most powerful desktop replacement featuring Intel Core i7 processor i7 Quad (No surprises there :yawn:)
- Powered By Intel Core i7 Extreme Processor (Which means one thing: Triple channel memory!)
- Extreme NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280M Graphics (Doesn't really apply to me as I use Quadros only, but for gamers out there: FTW!)
- Enhanced Performance with Triple-Channel DDR3 System Memory (Up to 12GBs; a high-end workstation fanatic's, myself included, Cadbury dream!)
- Enhance Your Scene with HDMI Interface(Finally! Finally! FINALLY! A justified reason to have a blu-ray drive! :D The ancestor of the NP9280, the NP9262, sadly lacks one, so had to buy an HDMI adaptor)

ETA: Late May

Also, not stated in the details page, but in the customise page, is the inclusion of having a 24-bit soundcard installed! (Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi ExpressCard 24-bit Sound Card) Which is a must have for digital music composers/ audiophiles. :eek:

Last edited:

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I ordered through UPS and had to pay the 7% GST by cash. Didn't have the cash ready on original delivery date, so had to say bb to the package just sitting 1 metre away for a few days (Heart pain :() But got reunited with it in the end! Just in time for start of work!

EDIT: Ah, also, people who wish to buy Sagers from US, please learn from my mistake of assuming the 3-pin plugs we know and love are used worldwide! The 3-pin plug supplied by XoticPC was only tailored for US power sockets only, so you may have to buy an extra plug or pin adaptor (Is it called that?).

Have a 8662 incoming but have questions hopefully u (or anyone) can answer.

Why did UPS insist on cash for the GST?

Could u explain further the plug thing? Ok the power cable should be in 2 parts, the laptop to brick and the brick to the socket. I believe the issue will be with the brick to socket cable.

Which of the below is the brick to socket cable provided:
41repS0XFbL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

31GR5SDTGYL._SL500_AA250_.jpg

41vUUuva8uL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

clickade

Reaction score
Have a 8662 incoming but have questions hopefully u (or anyone) can answer.

Why did UPS insist on cash for the GST?

Could u explain further the plug thing? Ok the power cable should be in 2 parts, the laptop to brick and the brick to the socket. I believe the issue will be with the brick to socket cable.

Which of the below is the brick to socket cable provided:
41repS0XFbL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

41vUUuva8uL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

UPS insisted in cash because the payment was made through Telegraphic Transfer, so UPS pre-pays (I believe) the GST.

Yes. It's the brick to socket cable. Sorry for not elaborating. The compatible cables (2nd pic) are easy to find at least. :)

estimated 3-4ksgd?? pls confirm thanx

Sorry, are you referring to the D90xC or D900F? In any case, what are the specs like, since the notebooks are customisable? :)

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i had check it out on Sager laptop.. hmmm look fat na

SomeFormOFhuman

Reaction score
Wow, glad to see a Sager user's forum in HWZ; kudos!! ;) I love Sagers, will definitely join the performance-people clan someday.

Sagers are for those with money to burn.. =:p :look:

Yeah I'm poor... :D

Sagers aren't actually really expensive, they offer wide range of powerful specifications and customizations for a good price. And for the price you pay, you really get what you pay for.

i had check it out on Sager laptop.. hmmm look fat na
"Fat" is great, they're all well designed to dissipate heat very well - that's why they're "fat" or thick. Which IMO, it's good.

Last edited:

forumbot

Reaction score
How is the after-sales support for Sager?

Next-day/Same day on-site/at home repair available ?
Warranty with options for accidental damage to laptop available ?

I'm thinking of Warranty and support like what Dell offers. Are Sagers comparable to Dell in this area?

Sager users please share your experience with me, thank yoo! :)

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hehehe!!! best is style also have le... lol! anyone use sagar laptop? easy to hot?

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UPS insisted in cash because the payment was made through Telegraphic Transfer, so UPS pre-pays (I believe) the GST.

Yes. It's the brick to socket cable. Sorry for not elaborating. The compatible cables (2nd pic) are easy to find at least. :)

Thanks for sharing! Yeah that cable is everywhere I have a few lying around myself. Glad it wasn't the more customised laptop cables.

I'm still hoping I can avoid the GST :)

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Is this gd?

8660_1_530x510.jpg

Sager NP8662

* Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Processor P8600 / 3MB L2 Cache, 2.40GHz
* 15.4" WSXGA+ LCD with Super Glossy Surface
* 250GB (5400rpm) SATA HD
* 2GB DDR3 1066MHz
* Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M Graphics with 1GB DDR3 Video Memory
* Built-in 2.0 Mega Pixel Webcam

* Free 6 months No Dead Pixel Insurance, 3 year local limited Warranty (3yr Labour, 2 yr part only)

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
5793_1.jpg

Sager NP5797

* Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Processor P8700 / 3MB L2 Cache, 2.53GHz
* 17" Wide Viewing Angles WSXGA with Super Glossy Surface
* 250GB (5400rpm) SATA HD
* 2GB DDR3 1066MHz
* Nvidia GeForce GTX 280M Graphics with 1GB DDR3 Video Memory
* Built-in 2.0 Mega Pixel Webcam

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.