Dont buy dogs from PETSHOPS, FARMS!! ADOPT INSTEAD!

ralnbow

Reaction score
me always visit pasir ris pet farms.... cos there got many aquariums. (me keep fish @ home). i saw those doggies locked up in the cages at the back of the farm... omg like damn poor thing lor... the living conditions sux too.. :(

if dun buy the dogs... maybe they will die a tragic death there... if buy the dogs, demand will increase supply.. then more n more puppy mills :(

cutiedoggy92

Master Member
Reaction score
yea it is also happening in singapore..one example: take a look at today's classified,someone placed an ad for providing a place for breeding at pasir ris FARM!

i think adopt would be a better choice as anyway young puppies are kinda troublesome haha

Donnguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uppzz for awareness :(

Puppy mills BuS Turddss, May karma REACH CHIU sooN !! :(

sheeeryl

Reaction score
http://animalsforadoptionsg.wordpress.com/

there are many cute puppies and kittens here. does it make a difference whether they are pedigrees or strays or mutts? do it make a difference if they love you the same? doesnt mean an orphan will love their parents less than a child bore by their parents? so what if you bought your dog for a thousand bucks when it doesnt listen to you?

THINK BEFORE YOU BUY A DOG

shk

Reaction score
Seriously, we should stop buying and adopting altogether. We shouldn't be keeping a pet in the first place. If you want pet shops to be wiped out, we should not stop at preventing the sale of pets, but include the food, accessories, care products for the animals altogether. Like what everyone agrees, if there is no demand, there will be no supply and thus no more suffering of these animals. Animals in the petshops must be sacrificed (not be be bought) for the greater good of the future generations. Abandoned animals should also be sacrificed to prevent people addicted to pet keeping thus promoting the supply of pet products which feeds the blood of the pet shops. Think further, not just between buying and adopting. I really hope the authorities will ban pet keeping such as dogs or cats in the HDB as this will put a huge dent into the revenue of pet shops. With lesser pet shops, lesser incentive to go into this business and animal abuse will be greatly reduced.

joelkoo

Reaction score
Hi,

I used to own 2 dogs, a golden retriever and a german shepard. Both died of natural causes ( old age ) about 10yrs ago, havent gotten a dog ever since because each time, the loss was quite painful.

but, like i said, 10yrs has already passed. I am interested in getting another dog. Other than the SPCA, are there any other places I can go to adopt?

are there specific criterias i must fulfil, other than questions regarding whether i am willing to invest time in taking care of the dog, pets are living things, not toys etc.

thanks

Creevie

Reaction score
pet shops sell animals which may have traveled long distances because they are imported in. Their immunity levels will have already been affected and may be prone to ill health!

ADOPT!

death to pet shops.

shuinx2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pet shops sell animals which may have traveled long distances because they are imported in. Their immunity levels will have already been affected and may be prone to ill health!

ADOPT!

death to pet shops.

sorry no offend for asking this. may i noe how true it is? any supporting scientific proof? thanks

lameness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I used to own 2 dogs, a golden retriever and a german shepard. Both died of natural causes ( old age ) about 10yrs ago, havent gotten a dog ever since because each time, the loss was quite painful.

but, like i said, 10yrs has already passed. I am interested in getting another dog. Other than the SPCA, are there any other places I can go to adopt?

are there specific criterias i must fulfil, other than questions regarding whether i am willing to invest time in taking care of the dog, pets are living things, not toys etc.

thanks

try ASD lor

katherinekaiting

Reaction score
Seriously, we should stop buying and adopting altogether. We shouldn't be keeping a pet in the first place. If you want pet shops to be wiped out, we should not stop at preventing the sale of pets, but include the food, accessories, care products for the animals altogether. Like what everyone agrees, if there is no demand, there will be no supply and thus no more suffering of these animals. Animals in the petshops must be sacrificed (not be be bought) for the greater good of the future generations. Abandoned animals should also be sacrificed to prevent people addicted to pet keeping thus promoting the supply of pet products which feeds the blood of the pet shops. Think further, not just between buying and adopting. I really hope the authorities will ban pet keeping such as dogs or cats in the HDB as this will put a huge dent into the revenue of pet shops. With lesser pet shops, lesser incentive to go into this business and animal abuse will be greatly reduced.

I think animal abuse or not, it mainly depends on the people, if they are well educated, having a pet, as people say, is okay. Moreover, I feel that they are best friends to humans, especially dogs, they are my family. If nobody buys them, nobody adopts them, what will happen to them? This might be their only chance to get a new life, be it good or bad, it all depends on the owners and we can only leave it to fate. But what most important is still education. If we do not have pet food and stuff like that, how are they going to survive, let alone reproduce or be happy? Would this lead to extinction as well? (Though this thought is abit far-fetched.)

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think animal abuse or not, it mainly depends on the people, if they are well educated, having a pet, as people say, is okay. Moreover, I feel that they are best friends to humans, especially dogs, they are my family. If nobody buys them, nobody adopts them, what will happen to them? This might be their only chance to get a new life, be it good or bad, it all depends on the owners and we can only leave it to fate. But what most important is still education. If we do not have pet food and stuff like that, how are they going to survive, let alone reproduce or be happy? Would this lead to extinction as well? (Though this thought is abit far-fetched.)

There are a lot of animals to be adopted. There's no need to buy any. They will be enough to sustain the shops which sell only food and accesories.

People only need to get beyond their superficiality. Active enforcement of regulations will reduce the randomness of their fate.

katherinekaiting

Reaction score
There are a lot of animals to be adopted. There's no need to buy any. They will be enough to sustain the shops which sell only food and accesories.

People only need to get beyond their superficiality. Active enforcement of regulations will reduce the randomness of their fate.

Well, I have to agree that I personally would adpot one rather than buy, as I have 2 lovely "siblings" at home. My first one is a maltese, currently 13 years old, adopted by my dad when he was 4, hard to train, not very good temperament, but I still love him. My second one is a jack russell, lovely girl, came to me when she was almost a year old, also adopted from another family who couldn't have her any longer.

The love for them has to come from the heart, and people who adopt must be willing to live with the partners they choose, learn to love and appreciate their presence. :s22:

kediraksith

Banned
Reaction score
hmm what are the few organisations that take care of pets and animals? I was a dog handler before and i really miss getting close to animals... so was thinking of volunteering... I only know SPCA... what other places there is? How does the adoption process goes? I do fear one day i grew too comfortable with some dogs there might adopt home haha....

Okay side track a bit... eh where is the best place to get a Hamster? Most of the time get from Johor coz very cheap... But funny thing is... my gf can rear her hamster for 4 years...... wherelse the longest living hamster we ever reared is 2 years max... why?

Last edited:

kampungkia

Reaction score
hmm what are the few organisations that take care of pets and animals? I was a dog handler before and i really miss getting close to animals... so was thinking of volunteering... I only know SPCA... what other places there is? How does the adoption process goes? I do fear one day i grew too comfortable with some dogs there might adopt home haha....

Okay side track a bit... eh where is the best place to get a Hamster? Most of the time get from Johor coz very cheap... But funny thing is... my gf can rear her hamster for 4 years...... wherelse the longest living hamster we ever reared is 2 years max... why?

Since you handled dogs before, you can try Action for Singapore Dogs - asdsingapore dot com

As for hamsters, SPCA also have.. you should try there before buying... if you overfeed your hamsters their lifespan may be shortened. Better keep them on a stricter diet.

justluna

Reaction score
It's very, very hard for me to read this. Tears dropped at the office desk. These stories are so sad. I don't know how anyone can do this for profit. Upz for people to be knowledgable about this issue.

Always adopt.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.