Lasik eye Surgery

Yxy

Master Member
Reaction score
mine was around 800 L/R, 200+/300 astig
go back review beo the chio staff, very shiok :s13:

I just did mine last week at the Lasik Surgery Clinic as well.

My degree is rather high, 700+ plus another like 175 astig. So I took the intralase wavefront.

Did on day 1. Day 2 evening can drive for follow up. Day 3 can go back to work. Eye sight was close to 6/6 on the second day and for my degree, considered very good.

No regrets. Thos who wear high power specs, you will realise you tend to get headaches. No more. Finally I can get through the day w/o headaches. You sleep better, think better and function better. And because there is less strain on your eyes, looking at computer screens no longer hurts.

Worth every cent.

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
mine was around 800 L/R, 200+/300 astig
go back review beo the chio staff, very shiok :s13:

Haaa. They are quite pleasant.

Good. Best investment I made.

I can't imagine through the day without feeling tired or having a headache.

Now its like I am given a second life wooooooo.

Thinking back at all the dumb decisions I made, things I said when I am tired... really.... should had done this long ago.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haaa. They are quite pleasant.

Good. Best investment I made.

I can't imagine through the day without feeling tired or having a headache.

Now its like I am given a second life wooooooo.

Thinking back at all the dumb decisions I made, things I said when I am tired... really.... should had done this long ago.

what are the possibility that someone might have complications when taking the surgery?

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
everything look so good ar? only downside is the moola. rly ar?

Please do some research before asking. There are downside to it. For one, eye dryness is one of the issue. If your eyes are too dry, they won't even do it for you. Another downside is your night vision might be slightly affected. But its a rather safe surgery on the whole.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please do some research before asking. There are downside to it. For one, eye dryness is one of the issue. If your eyes are too dry, they won't even do it for you. Another downside is your night vision might be slightly affected. But its a rather safe surgery on the whole.

i am going for the talk-cum-Q&A this thursday and i if i do research, i dont think i need to ask any more. i go for the Q&A to ask questions, and the doc cant be telling me you go do research first, who's the surgeon here, me or you?

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
what are the possibility that someone might have complications when taking the surgery?

Well I do not have the statistics for that.

Like all medical procedure, there is a risk involved. But of course not to the extent of like 50% between living or brain damage sort of risk.

I was told (I recall) there is a 3-5% risk of a need for enchancement for my degree. Is this high? It may look low but you might just be the 1 out of 100. Will you take the risk? This is your call.

L2oyd88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well, after the operation everything is much simpler much easier you feel better, lots of people can vouch for that. feel like going too. hm anybody care to share the cheapest price? hahax.

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
This kind of thing cannot save $$.

Got for the most suitable procedure, not the cheapest.

LonerZm

Reaction score
I know that one of the downside is the night vision maybe affected... but affected as in what aspect??? currently anyone encounter before?

tolkeinsg

Reaction score
There are definitely risks with Lasik and I've read that you may need correction once you grow old.

There's this non-profit website, Lasik Surgery Singapore, that explains the procedure, the potential risks and even compares the costs between the different clinics in Singapore.

oohman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U cud try overseas... It is darn cheap.. One of my corlicks went to India , and did it for $400 SGD.. and he showed me the pics of the hospital... Very professional looking place oso...

Maybe can try Thailand or M'sia, shld be quite cheap there ...

Rex217

Reaction score
There are definitely risks with Lasik and I've read that you may need correction once you grow old.

There's this non-profit website, Lasik Surgery Singapore, that explains the procedure, the potential risks and even compares the costs between the different clinics in Singapore.

Thanks that website is useful

ANYONE GOT EXPIERIENCE with Shinagawa??

tolkeinsg

Reaction score
U cud try overseas... It is darn cheap.. One of my corlicks went to India , and did it for $400 SGD.. and he showed me the pics of the hospital... Very professional looking place oso...

Maybe can try Thailand or M'sia, shld be quite cheap there ...

Malaysia's not much cheaper. A friend just did at Optimax in KL for RM6,000+ both eyes.

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who did it overseas, how do they go for their checkups at 1 mth, 3mths, 6mths etc

Rex217

Reaction score
OMG...

Research out of Otago and Oxford Universities in New Zealand indicates that having LASIK surgery can lead to permanent problems with vision over the long term.

More specifically, it appears that having laser surgery for near-sightedness (myopia) may lead to excessive glare, haze, and blurred vision as people enter their 7th and 8th decades of life.

What follows is a simplified explanation of why researchers have come to this conclusion:
During LASIK surgery for near-sightedness, the tissues of the eye are cut and vaporized to flatten the central region of the cornea.

The potential problem with flattening the cornea is abnormal movement of the cells of the cornea.
Normally, the cells of the cornea move in a way that results in the formation of a pigmented line (called the Hudson-Stahli line) that forms somewhere below the pupil. This pigmented line tends to thicken with age, and can eventually begin scattering incoming light, which can lead to glare, haze, and blurred vision. But because this line is usually formed below the pupil, it doesn't tend to cause significant problems with vision, even when the line thickens as a part of the normal, degenerative changes that occur over many years.

After LASIK surgery, the movement of the cells of the cornea are affected in a way that increases the chance of the Hudson-Stahli line forming in front of the pupil. In such cases, as this line begins to thicken with age, glare, haze, and blurred vision become inevitable.At this point, it is impossible to predict how many recipients of LASIK surgery are going to experience this problem as they get older.

Given the lack of data on potential long term dangers of having LASIK surgery, I think it's wise to avoid it, at least for now.

By Dr. Ben Kim on November 29, 2006
Any comments on this?

tintin-san

Reaction score
Research out of Otago and Oxford Universities in New Zealand indicates that having LASIK surgery can lead to permanent problems with vision over the long term.

More specifically, it appears that having laser surgery for near-sightedness (myopia) may lead to excessive glare, haze, and blurred vision as people enter their 7th and 8th decades of life.

What follows is a simplified explanation of why researchers have come to this conclusion:
During LASIK surgery for near-sightedness, the tissues of the eye are cut and vaporized to flatten the central region of the cornea.

The potential problem with flattening the cornea is abnormal movement of the cells of the cornea.
Normally, the cells of the cornea move in a way that results in the formation of a pigmented line (called the Hudson-Stahli line) that forms somewhere below the pupil. This pigmented line tends to thicken with age, and can eventually begin scattering incoming light, which can lead to glare, haze, and blurred vision. But because this line is usually formed below the pupil, it doesn't tend to cause significant problems with vision, even when the line thickens as a part of the normal, degenerative changes that occur over many years.

After LASIK surgery, the movement of the cells of the cornea are affected in a way that increases the chance of the Hudson-Stahli line forming in front of the pupil. In such cases, as this line begins to thicken with age, glare, haze, and blurred vision become inevitable.At this point, it is impossible to predict how many recipients of LASIK surgery are going to experience this problem as they get older.

Given the lack of data on potential long term dangers of having LASIK surgery, I think it's wise to avoid it, at least for now.

By Dr. Ben Kim on November 29, 2006
Any comments on this?

Wah. I thinking of going then you show this one I sian diao liao. Haha.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
erm i ish nortch yet 21yo so cannot go Lasik yetch.

moi onry 14 years old.

johnny_cold

Reaction score
I have already jump in the boat, next week im going to do my Lasik surgery at Shinagawa, wish me luck. Will keep u guys posted. :)

johnny_cold

Reaction score
I had just done my lasik surgery at Shinagawa, by Dr Lee S.B. Right eys is 600 Myopia 200 Astig - Left eye 625 Myopia 200 Astig. The whole experience starting from the eye check to surgery n post operation reviewhave been really awesome. The clinic is very clean, staffs and Dr there are friendly well-train n professional. I would say its value for $$ counsider the amought i paid for lasik my 2 eyes.

The whole operation is totally painless, jus a slight discomfort when the suction ring is apple to hold ur eye ball still. After operation, i hardly encounter any tearing or pain or discomfort too. Today i went back for a post operation review, Dr said that my eyes is recovering well. I feel that my right eyes now is getting almost a perfect 6/6 eyesight, cos i can see really clear. Its my master eyes. Left eyes is still slightly weak n blur. Overall, i wana give Shinagawa a thumbs up for their services. At around $2388 for 2 eyes lasik, i tink is a steal. Now i can do skipping, swimming, running with a whole new exerpeince.

Just my sharing.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.