Official Fred Perry Thread

yang_chewren

Master Member
Reaction score
If keep restocking then the polo really lose its appeal liao. Suppose to be limited ed.

MeRfMeRf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If keep restocking then the polo really lose its appeal liao. Suppose to be limited ed.

totally agreed! :( i think at this rate, they might as well release a whole entire new range with new combi colours to celebrate for the rest of this year till 18 May 2010. :(

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
For the benefit of those who have not read it,
No Sales, Sprees, "Interest Check", Mass Order, Blogshops or any other commercial threads in F&G.

I quote shall once again Post #1, posted in July 2008 and not edited since:
Dear users,

I've noticed a growing number of threads trying to circumvent rules established by HardwareZone's administrators. Mass Orders are only to be conducted by Authorised MOers. The list of names may be found here. Also, do note that MOs may only be conducted in that designated forum, and no where else in HWZ.

Threads of any sales nature, which are, but not limited to:
1) Want-to-buy (WTB)
2) Want-to-sell (WTS)
3) Might WTB
4) Might WTS
5) "Interest Checks"
6) "Shopping Spree"
7) "Bulk Purchase"
8) Any other thread that involves barter trading of any form on the part of both parties, not merely money.

For the purposes of the Fashion&Grooming Forums, since Interest Checks typically follow up with orders and sales, they would be deemed as Mass-Orders and judged accordingly. Sales, shopping sprees, bulk purchases, or anything that involves person(s) buying on behalf of more than one person and later reimbursement to that effect would be considered "Mass Orders". Do not attempt to circumvent the guidelines by disguising them. Offenders will be issued Infraction Points and/or even banned immediately, and their threads will be trashed on sight. For other parties, if you do come across such threads, do click on the Report Post (
report.gif
) button and state the reason for closure.

Please understand the rules, and work within them. Do read the FAQ if you have any queries.

On behalf of the HardwareZone Forums administration, have a good time in Fashion and Grooming!

/Dan
I think the above is quite clear already.

As long as One person buys on behalf of more than one person (ie, share shipping), it's a Mass Order. Opening threads to share your personal purchases (ie, Buying for yourself and paying shipping in it's entirety) is not an issue. Buying on someone else's behalf (ie, the buyer does not use the product) is no different from a sales - since that's what shops do - they buy on behalf of someone else to sell.

For MO discussions, move it to the MO clinic - don't hint at your organizing an MO here. It's advertising your MO.

As for threads being deleted, it's also already stated in the warning. So users have no claims at not being told before - it's been stickied since July 2008.

/Dan

Last edited:

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
As for threads being deleted, it's also already stated in the warning. So users have no claims at not being told before - it's been stickied since July 2008.

/Dan

Hey Dan,

Is it possible just remove the particular forumer's reply instead deleting the whole thread?
and issue him/her some infraction pts/t.ban or watever.

As you can see, there are a group of FP fans here and putting their effort and time consolidating their info
into 1 thread....so imagine if 1 prankster come into the thread and have a MO....the whole effort
will be wasted just becoz of 1 prankster.

Just thinking whether is it more feasible in this way than deleting the whole thread.

:D :o :D

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hey Dan,

Is it possible just remove the particular forumer's reply instead deleting the whole thread?
and issue him/her some infraction pts/t.ban or watever.

As you can see, there are a group of FP fans here and putting their effort and time consolidating their info
into 1 thread....so imagine if 1 prankster come into the thread and have a MO....the whole effort
will be wasted just becoz of 1 prankster.

Just thinking whether is it more feasible in this way than deleting the whole thread.

:D :o :D
It's also equally feasible if we see that the same users sincerely tell off the MOers and those obviously participating instead of closing one eye and pretending the mods are going to do it.

We really want the threads to go on - but we must know that the users are making the conscious social-responsible effort to keep the thread in, and not just hide behind a "I'm not doing it, so it's okay." mindset.

It's like in CME in school - we were once taught that if we see litter in the way, we pick it up and dump it. Especially if the place is nice and clean. It's the human thing to do. Somewhere along the way, we've gone to a "It's not my trash, so why should I bother" mentality.

And FYI, the earlier thread was deleted because of more than 1 "prankster", as you would put it.

Long story short, if it's more than 5 replies that we have to manually remove because they are obviously actively participating, and the users don't show the social-responsiblity in wanting to keep the thread clean and around, then we will simply take it that they aren't really interested in discussing FP. After all, actions speak louder than words.

The mods have made their no-MOs-outside-MO-Clinic stand clear. And we back it with our actions. As for that spammer flooding the forums with gross pictures, what makes you think we're not on top of the case? It's cleared up pretty much as soon as we get to it. But we're not robots around 24/7 to clean up immediately.

/Dan

Last edited:

MeRfMeRf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the benefit of those who have not read it,
No Sales, Sprees, "Interest Check", Mass Order, Blogshops or any other commercial threads in F&G.

I quote shall once again Post #1, posted in July 2008 and not edited since:

I think the above is quite clear already.

As long as One person buys on behalf of more than one person (ie, share shipping), it's a Mass Order. Opening threads to share your personal purchases (ie, Buying for yourself and paying shipping in it's entirety) is not an issue. Buying on someone else's behalf (ie, the buyer does not use the product) is no different from a sales - since that's what shops do - they buy on behalf of someone else to sell.

For MO discussions, move it to the MO clinic - don't hint at your organizing an MO here. It's advertising your MO.

/Dan

hi leinad korkor,

i quote chiu above statement hor.

As long as One person buys on behalf of more than one person (ie, share shipping), it's a Mass Order.Opening threads to share your personal purchases (ie, Buying for yourself and paying shipping in it's entirety) is not an issue. Buying on someone else's behalf (ie, the buyer does not use the product) is no different from a sales - since that's what shops do - they buy on behalf of someone else to sell.

so meaning to say if i buy for myself and others included is not considered MO? but if i buy for others and i dun buy for myself is considered MO? in the first place how would u know if the person organising is not buying for him/her self and maybe even wiling to fork out shipping him/her self? :s11:

2ndly, based on the sticky on RnR statement below.

Offenders will be issued Infraction Points and/or even banned immediately, and their threads will be trashed on sight.

i understand the part where the user might be banned eventually... but in the first place the thread does not belong to that user alone but the entire community itself. u dun get to the root of problems by thrashing a thread full of infomation accumalated over long periods of sharing and experience just because a forumer started posting abt sales talk and all. i do not wish to question your authority as mods coze i believe u earned it through some form or respect. i believe u could have just banned the user and delete all his so called sales tok and leave the thread alone... u delete one, a new 1 will pop up, den sme noob starts talking abt sales tok again den u go delete it again... and this process repeats in a vicious cycle, den wads the point of sharing infomation and experiences since we noe eventually it goes to the recycle bin? might as well close the forums altogether since deleting IS your ONLY way to deter such sales talk occurances from happening?

just my 2 cents worth

freakZ

Reaction score
Any threads which turned out to violate this forum's rules will be trashed without further notification. Don't blame the mods, blame those who violate it.

kickurassxD

Reaction score
Any threads which turned out to violate this forum's rules will be trashed without further notification. Don't blame the mods, blame those who violate it.

abit extra no quote no nothing. showing rigidness in ur thinking my fren . :)

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
It's also equally feasible if we see that the same users sincerely tell off the MOers and those obviously participating instead of closing one eye and pretending the mods are going to do it.

We really want the threads to go on - but we must know that the users are making the conscious social-responsible effort to keep the thread in, and not just hide behind a "I'm not doing it, so it's okay." mindset.

It's like in CME in school - we were once taught that if we see litter in the way, we pick it up and dump it. Especially if the place is nice and clean. It's the human thing to do. Somewhere along the way, we've gone to a "It's not my trash, so why should I bother" mentality.

And FYI, the earlier thread was deleted because of more than 1 "prankster", as you would put it.

Long story short, if it's more than 5 replies that we have to manually remove because they are obviously actively participating, and the users don't show the social-responsiblity in wanting to keep the thread clean and around, then we will simply take it that they aren't really interested in discussing FP. After all, actions speak louder than words.

The mods have made their no-MOs-outside-MO-Clinic stand clear. And we back it with our actions. As for that spammer flooding the forums with gross pictures, what makes you think we're not on top of the case? It's cleared up pretty much as soon as we get to it. But we're not robots around 24/7 to clean up immediately.

/Dan

Ok...relac.
Ish wkend.

Just a suggestion.

:( :o :(

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hi leinad korkor,

i quote chiu above statement hor.

As long as One person buys on behalf of more than one person (ie, share shipping), it's a Mass Order.Opening threads to share your personal purchases (ie, Buying for yourself and paying shipping in it's entirety) is not an issue. Buying on someone else's behalf (ie, the buyer does not use the product) is no different from a sales - since that's what shops do - they buy on behalf of someone else to sell.

so meaning to say if i buy for myself and others included is not considered MO? but if i buy for others and i dun buy for myself is considered MO? in the first place how would u know if the person organising is not buying for him/her self and maybe even wiling to fork out shipping him/her self? :s11:

2ndly, based on the sticky on RnR statement below.

Offenders will be issued Infraction Points and/or even banned immediately, and their threads will be trashed on sight.

i understand the part where the user might be banned eventually... but in the first place the thread does not belong to that user alone but the entire community itself. u dun get to the root of problems by thrashing a thread full of infomation accumalated over long periods of sharing and experience just because a forumer started posting abt sales talk and all. i do not wish to question your authority as mods coze i believe u earned it through some form or respect. i believe u could have just banned the user and delete all his so called sales tok and leave the thread alone... u delete one, a new 1 will pop up, den sme noob starts talking abt sales tok again den u go delete it again... and this process repeats in a vicious cycle, den wads the point of sharing infomation and experiences since we noe eventually it goes to the recycle bin? might as well close the forums altogether since deleting IS your ONLY way to deter such sales talk occurances from happening?

just my 2 cents worth
Buy for >1 person (yourself included or not does not matter), MO.

As for the rest of the queries - don't ignore the point about social responsibility please. It's integral, and answers the question. If the users want the thread badly enough, they will make sure it stays clean and make sure they voice their displeasure to transgressors and those participating (ie, vindicating the transgressors). The sales only exist because there are buyers - so in this case, the cause and effect are equally punished. The law also punishes those who abet a crime and aid it (ie, an accomplice/accomplices).

/Dan

AlvinDj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alright, what's done is done, lets not turn this thread into some forum politics debate :s13:

Get back on track guys ;)

jungon

Reaction score
yeahhh. i think its time to talk about fred perry stuffs instead..

ambivalence

Reaction score
Guys.. My friend is a Fred Perry Member. Than if i want to get the 10% discount just say my friendhandphone number to the sales person?

kirivin

Master Member
Reaction score
Chill guys... Let's get back to track.

Anyway, what are your views on this pair of shoes? Very tempted to get them from a fellow HWZ-er.

SWEAR.jpg

rebornsoul

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looks quite cool, suitable for clubbing. wear to school abit flamboyant

kirivin

Master Member
Reaction score
No way I'll wear to school, haha. Most probably for town shopping. I think it matches with my jeans quite well.

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
personally i dun like the stripes in front...but that's just my own opinion. most ppl will prob find it unique though

awayaway

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wear what u think is nice and comfortable lor.

no point wearing something which people think is nice but you don't like it all.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.