Profitable Group - is it credible?

gameysf

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone heard of Profitable Group before?

They also offer land banking, just like Walton but is in UK land.

They got this energy investment, which they claim that it will offer 12.5% return over six months for a 10,000 USD lump sum investment. They claim return is guranteed.... It seems attractive to me but i am not sure if it's going to be scam...

I was told that the company got Singapore Quality Class symbol, regulated by MAS and their management is associated with liverpool club. When the lions vs liverpool last month, saw them as one of the sponsors on tv...

Is this company reliable / credible? Anyone invested in them before? Mind sharing yr experiences.

excloc

Reaction score
A 12.5% return over 6 months equate to a 25% return Per annum. Whatever they are going to invest in is going to be super risky and they want you to bear a part of the risk for them.

Imagine you are in their shoes, you have a great energy deal which can get you a lot of profits but you do not have enough funds. Your options are:

1)approach your local banks
2)approach financial companies/moneylenders(higher interest than banks)
3)raise funds from the local communities
4)start an energy investment scheme in UK
5)Start an energy investment scheme in EURO

99)cross thousands of miles to a small place in Singapore to raise funds

"Guaranteed" is it in Black and white or just verbal? Check the exact words on the contract.
Guaranteed by who? some small company under a big group?

For your info, all investments scheme in Singapore have to be regulated by MAS or else it is clearly illegal. However it does not mean MAS "guaranteed" the returns. Whatever promises that have been made to you, check it out on your own. Trust Only yourself and facts.

Hi,

Has anyone heard of Profitable Group before?

They also offer land banking, just like Walton but is in UK land.

They got this energy investment, which they claim that it will offer 12.5% return over six months for a 10,000 USD lump sum investment. They claim return is guranteed.... It seems attractive to me but i am not sure if it's going to be scam...

I was told that the company got Singapore Quality Class symbol, regulated by MAS and their management is associated with liverpool club. When the lions vs liverpool last month, saw them as one of the sponsors on tv...

Is this company reliable / credible? Anyone invested in them before? Mind sharing yr experiences.

Last edited:

gameysf

Reaction score
Hi, thanks lordbevan and excloc for yr inputs.

You can check this brochure URL for the details:
profitablegroup.com/docs/boron/Investors%20-%20Information%20Sheet.PDF
(Min sum used to be USD 1000 but is now changed to USD 10,000).

I met their consultant during their company roadshow at Vivocity last month and I was told the following info. I had not been to their company presentation... thus, have not seen the contract yet. I still have some hesitations... so maybe, I'll arrange a meeting with him again..

Returns, according to what he says, are guranteed. I definitely will have to check the contract first if it is in clear black and white.

It works like this:

1. Investors paid to Profitable Group and Profitable Group used the money to purchase CLS Boron.
2. Then, Profitable Group sells the product to their clients.
3. Clients pay the money back 90 days to Profitable Group after receiving the goods.
4. Was told that they made 50% profit margin and they share 12.5% out of this 50% to the investors.

So, for two cycles of one year period, it gives 25% p.a which i think is great.

Problem is what if Profitable Group is unable to sell their product
I was told by the consultant that their clients had signed a contract with them whereby Profitable Group would have to supply them with the product for a specific duration of years, so that gives them business.

Basically, would like to seek opinions whom have invested in Profitable Group...

Let me know what you think.

Excloc: I don't know much about Edgeworth but I am sure Walton is not a scam. It's safe to invest in Walton and the returns are good. The only prob for me is I am not prepared to cast aside the money for few years...

thanks

Jarlaxle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A 12.5% return over 6 months equate to a 25% return Per annum. Whatever they are going to invest in is going to be super risky and they want you to bear a part of the risk for them.

Imagine you are in their shoes, you have a great energy deal which can get you a lot of profits but you do not have enough funds. Your options are:

"Guaranteed" is it in Black and white or just verbal? Check the exact words on the contract.

For your info, all investments scheme in Singapore have to be regulated by MAS or else it is clearly illegal. However it does not mean MAS "guaranteed" the returns. Whatever promises that have been made to you, check it out on your own. Trust Only yourself and facts.

y these investment scheme cannot gather enough funds from their local communities or regions? it is not attractive enough?
or the local has got local knowledge to know that such scheme will not work out that foreigners like us will not be able to know ?

12.5% out of 50% is 6.25% for 1 cycle
thats still quite good tho

gameysf

Reaction score
Jarlaxle - was told that their clients pay them 90 days later after getting the goods. So, cashflow is not positive. It's like, I do work first for clients but receive money later after work is done.

By having investors into the biz model, it generates +ve cashflow for them. The risk is then taken up by investors....

Anyway, has anyone invested in any of the investment scheme that Profitable Group has? If yes, tell me yr experience with them. I wan to make sure it is almost safe...

thank

Jarlaxle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thats ok in my opinion
becoz not many business can do "cash on delivery"... credit term is acceptable.

blue_yoghurt

Reaction score
Hmm, the old saying " if something seems too good to be true, it probably is" comes to mind...

1) it is impossible that any investment can GUARANTEE 25% returns pa. if their representative said that then make him put it down in black and white. he will chicken out.

2) perhaps not directly related to the topic but my personal opinion of profitable group that they are going out at great lengths to get free publicity. a few months ago they CLAIM that they are going to buy Newcastle United. It was reported that the deal fell through because none of the buyers manage to provide evidence of their ability to fund the purchase...

my 2 cents worth is that please consider VERY VERY VERY carefully should u decide to invest with them.

coppee

Reaction score

agreed.

in today's interest rate environment, if there is a guarantee of just 10% returns per annum (USD/GBP/YEN/SGD), the entire financial community will flock to it.

my guess is that the returns are 'projected', 'subject to certain terms and conditions being met'.

iwanto

Reaction score
even if the contract includes guarantee on returns, i would be very careful to note the guarantee is backed by whom? which entity/counterparty?

also, how enforceable are your rights as an investor should anything go awry midway? can you seek redress via the Singapore justice system or do you need to do so in a foreign jurisdiction? in any case, most if not all alternative investments (e.g. land banking, traded endowment, viaticals, fine wines etc) are still not regulated in Singapore by MAS.

iwanto

Reaction score
even if the contract includes guarantee on returns, i would be very careful to note the guarantee is backed by whom? which entity/counterparty?

also, how enforceable are your rights as an investor should anything go awry midway? can you seek redress via the Singapore justice system or do you need to do so in a foreign jurisdiction? in any case, most if not all alternative investments (e.g. land banking, traded endowment, viaticals, fine wines etc) are still not regulated in Singapore by MAS.

stp123

Reaction score
Something to read on land banking. I got this email from a friend in Malaysia.

http://www.propertyscam.org.uk/

this site leads to all you need to know

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/jul/29/profitable-group-plan-english-football

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/12/mike-ashley-newcastle-united-singapore-profitable

A cost/price/return breakdown on Concorde Village with references here. Tan Kin Lian Blog - Malaysia act against land banking

The original Hounslow sale was 120 Acres and purchased for 3.2M pounds end 2006 at pretty much the peak of the UK property market. It was being sold as 8x8 yard plots according to the concorde village web site = 9070 plots. However they recently upped the price from 5.6K to 8K a plot according to the TV advert. It maybe they increased the size of the plot or more likely were trying to protect margins because of the 30% depreciation in Sterling . Interesting that they were advertising on Singapore TV in UK pounds.

Quoted from the above site

Divide 3.15 Million UKP by 9,000 and you get a raw land value of 350UK pounds per plot.
To get a 250% gain on 5,625UKP investment you need to achieve a net sale price of at least 14,062UKP.
The land value of the plot is still 350 pounds without planning permission. It may be a little less now because of the current UK property bubble bursting but use 350 to be safe.
14,062UKP / 350UKP = 40
The raw value of the land needs to increase by 40 times or 4017% to give a 250% return on your investment in 3 years.
If the new 8,000UKP plots are still the same 64Sq yard size you need 20,000 UKP / 350 UKP = 57 times or 5714 % increase on the land value to get 250%

If you can really get 40 to 57 times increase in the value of land in 3 years why bother flogging to Singaporeans in Suntec city ?

UK Guardian has an item on Profitable Group here
Don't bank on this land for making a profit
This is landbanking - a get-rich-quick scheme that has never delivered except for the promoters, who can multiply their investment in land many times over - £10,000 an acre agricultural land is sold for £100,000 by landbankers.

There is a nice little discussion on Land Banking here (Skeptics UK Land Banking) where the chances of getting any money back on a land bank investment are estimated as between 1 in 3750 to 1 in 100,000.This is due to extremely low conversion rates on green belt and the historic very high failure rate of land banking companies once all the plots are sold.

Lesley Annis

Banned
Reaction score
I have done very well in the past year in UK land. made 30% on an investment with a company called land strategy based in Manchester. Land prices are rising in UK due to the housing crisis, its constantly on the news, there is mass immigration, and the UK government keeps banging on about building 3 million new homes by 2012.cd rates

kelvintyy

Reaction score
A Regrettful Investment :(

I bought their boron investments last year Dec. This investment promised 12.5% fixed return in 6 months, which is 25% per annum.
Seeing this is such a easy way to make money and the company has been appearing on ESPN, I invested US$10,000 with Profitable Group.

6 months later, as my investment matured. I wish to take out the investment however, was told the payout is delayed. I tried calling the company asking them when I can take back my capital, this is because on their contract, Profitable Group promised to pay back within 30 days the expiration. In the end, they avoided my queries.

I given up.

It is an irony to see this company who had sponsored Liverpool matches in Asia, delaying my US $10000 + 12.5%! Now is already 4 months after the investment maturity, still no news from them.

All I have to blame is my greed. I shouldn't believe things that are too good to be true.

I am very unhappy about the way they do their business.
Even if they has returned my capital after months of delay, I will not invest with this company anymore.

Last edited:

excloc

Reaction score
Hi guys

if you really buy the story on how UK/European property or land are going to raise or jump in value, check out the performance of European property funds like Henderson European properties equity... if you are really really bullish on Real estate,properties in Asia or China should be a better bet for you..

I would rather buy through an unit trust as it is regulated and more transparent. However do take note that all these sector investments are considered high risk. Do not take my words straight off as advice, it might not be suitable for you..consult a financial adviser or me..

excloc

Reaction score
Hi kelvin

Have you tried lodging a case with Fidrec?
If the company refuses to answer your queries, this is your next course of action before going to small claims tribunal

I bought their boron investments last year Dec. This investment promised 12.5% fixed return in 6 months, which is 25% per annum.
Seeing this is such a easy way to make money and the company has been appearing on ESPN, I invested US$10,000 with Profitable Group.

6 months later, as my investment matured. I wish to take out the investment however, was told the payout is delayed. I tried calling the company asking them when I can take back my capital, this is because on their contract, Profitable Group promised to pay back within 30 days the expiration. In the end, they avoided my queries.

I given up.

It is an irony to see this company who had sponsored Liverpool matches in Asia, delaying my US $10000 + 12.5%! Now is already 4 months after the investment maturity, still no news from them.

All I have to blame is my greed. I shouldn't believe things that are too good to be true.

I am very unhappy about the way they do their business.
Even if they has returned my capital after months of delay, I will not invest with this company anymore.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.