NEW : Samsung S8003 Jet Amoled Screen

cyc1op

Reaction score
woot.. updating new official firmware now.. pls go to samsung mobile to check.
Pardon me, I checked the samsung mobile website and there wasn't detail description of the upgrade. May I know what is the new update about.

riieee

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought this phone yesterday. Notice that there are some problem with the screen, it can be seen under Settings/Display and light/Brightness.
There is diltering with the colour bar, blue colour bars can be seen at the top 2 black and white bar.

Does this happen to all the phones or it's just me? There are some bars flickering across the screen in Cube Menu and Motion tutorial.

Picture link -> img169.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=002f.jpg

help?

Last edited:

johnniewalker

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought this phone yesterday. Notice that there are some problem with the screen, it can be seen under Settings/Display and light/Brightness.
There is diltering with the colour bar, blue colour bars can be seen at the top 2 black and white bar.

Does this happen to all the phones or it's just me? There are some bars flickering across the screen in Cube Menu and Motion tutorial.

Picture link -> img169.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=002f.jpg

help?

No such problem with my phone... guess ur phone screen is faulty...perhaps u should go to samsung customer service to fix thos..

johnniewalker

Reaction score
Pardon me, I checked the samsung mobile website and there wasn't detail description of the upgrade. May I know what is the new update about.

There is a new NPS version at samsungmobile : 1.2.1 IH2. Apparently this version solves the problem of being unable to upgrade firmware for S8003 DIY...

I manage to upgrade mine to S8003DXIF7...:D

ahse0w

Reaction score
anyone got problem in connecting to the NPS?
i always connect liao then afterwards my phone memory cock up.
cannot access messeges, cannot access my files. says file list being updated try again later.

connect back to NPS, internal memory shows maybe like 15MB... it varies.
reboot no use...
then suddenly can liao.. access my files and messages.

my some files is weird.. cannot set ringtone. copying failed... from my mem card..
sibeh weird lo.

th3pr0

Reaction score
There is a new NPS version at samsungmobile : 1.2.1 IH2. Apparently this version solves the problem of being unable to upgrade firmware for S8003 DIY...

hmm mine is S8003DXIF8 which should be newer than your's.. so i can diy upgrade firmware if there is a update?

gvn_crap

Reaction score
has the lunar calendar problem been solved? I remember some IF8 users have a problem with their lunar calendars missing a number.

cyc1op

Reaction score

Thanks for the info. The site don't seems to tell people anything one.

cyc1op

Reaction score
has the lunar calendar problem been solved? I remember some IF8 users have a problem with their lunar calendars missing a number.
Lunar calendar? Was looking high and low for it, you mean it comes with the phone? Like that I must shoot myself or get a new pair of glasses :(

johnniewalker

Reaction score
Lunar calendar? Was looking high and low for it, you mean it comes with the phone? Like that I must shoot myself or get a new pair of glasses :(

There is a lunar calendar date corresponding to the current date at the bottom right of the screen.

For example when u look at the calendar today, the number 19 is highlight in blue.
At the bottom right of the screen, there is a set of number in bracket showing (L 6.29) in grey.

Today is 19 August and in lunar calender it is the 29th of june.. got it?!;)

hammerhammer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I am using windows 7 and I am unable to connect my Jet with data cable. But with bluetooth no problem. Anyone face same problem?

gvn_crap

Reaction score
There is a lunar calendar date corresponding to the current date at the bottom right of the screen.

For example when u look at the calendar today, the number 19 is highlight in blue.
At the bottom right of the screen, there is a set of number in bracket showing (L 6.29) in grey.

Today is 19 August and in lunar calender it is the 29th of june.. got it?!;)

I've read that newer versions of the firmware, i think its IF7 or IF8 (I am using IF5) have some bugs with the lunar calendar. They added a moon icon and that knocked off a number on the date. (eg. L 6.29 becomes L6.2). can anyone confirm this? I'd like to upgrade my fw but I need the lunar calendar more.

johnniewalker

Reaction score
I've read that newer versions of the firmware, i think its IF7 or IF8 (I am using IF5) have some bugs with the lunar calendar. They added a moon icon and that knocked off a number on the date. (eg. L 6.29 becomes L6.2). can anyone confirm this? I'd like to upgrade my fw but I need the lunar calendar more.

I DIY upgrade my firmware to IF7 and there is no such problem..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.