Lasik eye Surgery

johnny_cold

Reaction score
Good luck guys. U might want to book a surgery appointment on the same day as ur eye evaluation. If u really feel like backing out.. then give them a cancellation call few days b4 the surgery appointment. Anyway u don't have to pay any deposited to be allocated for a surgery date, unlike other lasik clinics. Time to have ur shades on soon :s7::s7::s7:

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good luck guys. U might want to book a surgery appointment on the same day as ur eye evaluation. If u really feel like backing out.. then give them a cancellation call few days b4 the surgery appointment. Anyway u don't have to pay any deposited to be allocated for a surgery date, unlike other lasik clinics. Time to have ur shades on soon :s7::s7::s7:

i need the 1 day extra to psycho myself about the surgery. LOL the most i have been is when i broke my arm back in pri 2. broken arm but thank god the skin didnt tear, otherwise i will have a trauma for the rest of my life.

johnny_cold

Reaction score
Wah, i also broke my left arms during a soccer match, and the hand go dangling in L shape with a small open puncture wound. Horrific sight!:s16: But the surgeon has been good to me, inserted 2 metal plates on my left arms, now i can stilll do some benching and bicep curls.. haha:s13: If u dont feel pain in lifting a 10kg dumbbell, sure u wont feel pain in this lasik surgery. If u come back tell me u feel pain, i buy u candies :)

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, i also broke my left arms during a soccer match, and the hand go dangling in L shape with a small open puncture wound. Horrific sight!:s16: But the surgeon has been good to me, inserted 2 metal plates on my left arms, now i can stilll do some benching and bicep curls.. haha:s13: If u dont feel pain in lifting a 10kg dumbbell, sure u wont feel pain in this lasik surgery. If u come back tell me u feel pain, i buy u candies :)

lol. i doing 20kg BarBell and 10kg dumbell got difference? I never tried a surgery b4. lol. and involves my eyes, right in from of my eyeballs. I can live without my arm but without my eyesight ... ...

pluekiller

Reaction score
I had my lasik operation about one year ago. Vision is great now in the day, though my eyes get tired more quickly, but you'll learn to get used to it as well. Night time vision isn't so good, but you'll get used to it too :D

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
today went for the evalutation, nearly failed it, can you imagine? the last part when they testing my cornea pressure, my eye lid keep on closing, and then i will "panick". 2 times the staff do, both times also pressure above normal. then Dr Lee do, at first he hold open my eye lid, after that he loosen his grip then i become less panicky and the pressure drop. lol

tmr going for sugery lo. good luck to the new kampong boi. :)

justluna

Reaction score
About Lasik, does anyone experience this? Can such people even consider lasik?

I'm the type whose eyes will close immediately (reflex action, no choice, can't control) when I see something coming towards me. That's why I cannot wear contact lenses. When I want to pop the lenses in, my eyes will shut immediately. I'm thinking, will I be doomed to wear glasses forever? :s11:

Anyone who is like me? Is there a solution? Would like to understand from forum members before making that big step (no pun intended) to the clinic.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'm the type whose eyes will close immediately (reflex action, no choice, can't control) when I see something coming towards me. That's why I cannot wear contact lenses. When I want to pop the lenses in, my eyes will shut immediately. I'm thinking, will I be doomed to wear glasses forever? :s11:

Anyone who is like me? Is there a solution? Would like to understand from forum members before making that big step (no pun intended) to the clinic.

either you bo pian wear specs forever or go lasik lor.

i also have quick reflex action, last time pri sch classmates play "butterfly" or tease me with the basketball, i also blink my eyes. the staff check my eyes, i also cannot tahan for long and worst, got scared and panicky(this is what Dr Lee said to me) and then my eye ball pressure will increase above normal which means i cannot do lasik. fortunately, he was able to "calm" me down and said actually my eye pressure is okay one.

Heng ar. :o

justluna

Reaction score
So true! And now can also see how I look when trying on various sunglasses!:s7:
And most importantly, I finally can see what I look like without my specs!:s12:

LOL

I totally share your sentiments (once I can do it)

But the look without specs takes some getting use to right?

I remember all my girlfriends look funny, weird, some even fierce and ugly after their lasik. But after a while, I get used to their look.

justluna

Reaction score
either you bo pian wear specs forever or go lasik lor.

i also have quick reflex action, last time pri sch classmates play "butterfly" or tease me with the basketball, i also blink my eyes. the staff check my eyes, i also cannot tahan for long and worst, got scared and panicky(this is what Dr Lee said to me) and then my eye ball pressure will increase above normal which means i cannot do lasik. fortunately, he was able to "calm" me down and said actually my eye pressure is okay one.

Heng ar. :o

Sigh, kampong boi, your case doesn't seem so serious. I stayed at the optician from 11am to 6pm once just to fit lenses on onto my eyeballs. Still cannot. If I cannot do lasik, I will literally cry my eyes out. I need to be specs-less for future wedding!

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
LOL

I totally share your sentiments (once I can do it)

But the look without specs takes some getting use to right?

I remember all my girlfriends look funny, weird, some even fierce and ugly after their lasik. But after a while, I get used to their look.

Not really lah, moi look (even:o) more yandao when not wearing specs :s13: :s22: :love: :s8:

johnny_cold

Reaction score
today went for the evalutation, nearly failed it, can you imagine? the last part when they testing my cornea pressure, my eye lid keep on closing, and then i will "panick". 2 times the staff do, both times also pressure above normal. then Dr Lee do, at first he hold open my eye lid, after that he loosen his grip then i become less panicky and the pressure drop. lol

tmr going for sugery lo. good luck to the new kampong boi. :)

Actually, my own thoughts is that the eye lid does not affect the pressure measuring. Cos what they r measuring is the amount of pressure your eyeballs can withstands when the suction ring is apply to your eyeballs, before the cornea flap can be create.

Ultimately, the "measuring Gun" they r holding to ur eyes for measurement, the Nurse or Dr Lee never tell us the exact readings, so possibly also the readings the Nurse n Dr Lee is measure is the same also. But Dr Lee say can means can lo. haha. If ur eyeballs cant withstand high pressure, the outcome would be blood shot eyes, the extreme would be eyeballs burst, but tats almost impossible la.:s13:

Gd luck for ur ops. :)

johnny_cold

Reaction score

I also have tis reflex action problem. Everytime i see pretty lady, my eyelid wana blink at them, not only tat.. my lips n mouth wana whistle too. :p

Y not try taping your eyelid and then try your reflex action, see if u r able to blink? If both ur hands is tied, u cant block a punch with ur hands. If both your eyelids is taped, u can't blink unless the tape give way.

So during the operation, ur eyelid will be tape up, so in another words, u cant blink at all. Suction rings will also apply when creating the flap on ur eyes, and again cos of the suction ring there, ur eyelid cant be closed. So the blinking part is solved.

justluna

Reaction score
I also have tis reflex action problem. Everytime i see pretty lady, my eyelid wana blink at them, not only tat.. my lips n mouth wana whistle too. :p

Y not try taping your eyelid and then try your reflex action, see if u r able to blink? If both ur hands is tied, u cant block a punch with ur hands. If both your eyelids is taped, u can't blink unless the tape give way.

So during the operation, ur eyelid will be tape up, so in another words, u cant blink at all. Suction rings will also apply when creating the flap on ur eyes, and again cos of the suction ring there, ur eyelid cant be closed. So the blinking part is solved.

OMG I don't wanna read anymore. Sounds really scary. The more I read, the more I will "react". I will go to the doctor when I have saved up enough for a consultation to see if I am suitable. :(

chottohen

Reaction score
I just went to shinagawa for my evaulation today. They found me suitable and I scheduled my surgery for next wednesday.

They were very professional, no pushy sales tactics at all and very patient. I told them about LSC and they didn't comment or brag about how shinagawa was better than other lasik clinics.

They only do 10 surgeries a day; six in the morning and four in the afternoon; another 10 patients for evaluations and another 10 for patients who did the surgery the previous day.

At the moment they are waiving all evaluations which cost $80, regardless of whether you do the surgery or not, so I found that very nice, compared to LSC which only waives if you do the surgery.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just went to shinagawa for my evaulation today. They found me suitable and I scheduled my surgery for next wednesday.

They were very professional, no pushy sales tactics at all and very patient. I told them about LSC and they didn't comment or brag about how shinagawa was better than other lasik clinics.

They only do 10 surgeries a day; six in the morning and four in the afternoon; another 10 patients for evaluations and another 10 for patients who did the surgery the previous day.

At the moment they are waiving all evaluations which cost $80, regardless of whether you do the surgery or not, so I found that very nice, compared to LSC which only waives if you do the surgery.

what time did you go? my op was at tuesday 2:30, saw poor little boy in jacket? haha must be me.

actually i prefer the local girl that evaluate me, not the pinoy lady. then there is a korean/jap staff also, she took me for my meds just b4 the surgery.

the local staff prolly know me best, everytime clean my eyes, put eye drops for me :s34: she even SMS after i reached home. :s34:

the first part to cut a flap, is the more "painful" onem they suck your eyeball and ZAP!

then you walk to another room and you will see "fireworks" and a miracle happen, you can see!!! :s13:

and so after a nites rest, i am finally able to type this Wall of Text with my specs. :)

chottohen

Reaction score
I was there at 9.30am lol. How long did you spend at shinagawa in total for your op?

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the dark side!

But the 2 of u hor, never listen to doctor, surf web the very next day. Go and rest more!

darkdevil

Master Member
Reaction score
my short sighted is ard 1000-1100 for both side and astig is ard 400-450 both side also.. izzit possible to do lasik? in long term for me, lasik is a better cost effective measure.. jus did a new specs for my upcoming enlistment and it cost me 300.. the pair of lens already cost me 250.. zzz..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.