Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haman

Reaction score
some place charge for extra length of pipping... so make sure that you get the salesman to confirm that the free installation comes with free pipping regardless of length... cause from your floormap, quite a distance from Air/con Comp.

Also got to take into consideration if you want to hide your trunks? as if you put out, your house will look full of truckings. if you hide it... when Air/con got problem... hard to dianogse if pipe is leaking... so think twice.......:)

Hey..thanks..i think will bring down my floorplan to HongTar for breakdown of the BTU required.

pegASUS7677

Reaction score
Some posts ago, I mentioned that I purchased a Hitachi aircon system from Gain City. Whatever good comments I made, I stand corrected.

It's only 6 months later and my air con no longer blows cold air for all the fan coil units.

I called Hitachi who immediately sent out a technician. He said that it was due to the installation and not the compressor unit. Gain City should check the connection to each fan coil to see if gas was leaking.

Well the team from Gain City came (after much shouting over the phone - they wanted to send a technician about 4 days later), they removed the trunking but couldn't find anything wrong. So they added coolant and the aircon was fine for about an hour, then I tried turning it on today and no cold air for all the units.

Sigh...they can only send a more experience team to test the gas pressure next week. If I want immediate service I will get the same inexperienced team.

And I paid extra for higher quality piping etc..

What crap. I did not have a problem at my old house where Natural Cool installed my LG which ran fine for 6 years.

No confidence in Gain city...and to some extent Hitachi as it is only sold through Gain City.:(

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some posts ago, I mentioned that I purchased a Hitachi aircon system from Gain City. Whatever good comments I made, I stand corrected.

It's only 6 months later and my air con no longer blows cold air for all the fan coil units.

I called Hitachi who immediately sent out a technician. He said that it was due to the installation and not the compressor unit. Gain City should check the connection to each fan coil to see if gas was leaking.

Well the team from Gain City came (after much shouting over the phone - they wanted to send a technician about 4 days later), they removed the trunking but couldn't find anything wrong. So they added coolant and the aircon was fine for about an hour, then I tried turning it on today and no cold air for all the units.

Sigh...they can only send a more experience team to test the gas pressure next week. If I want immediate service I will get the same inexperienced team.

And I paid extra for higher quality piping etc..

What crap. I did not have a problem at my old house where Natural Cool installed my LG which ran fine for 6 years.

No confidence in Gain city...and to some extent Hitachi as it is only sold through Gain City.:(
surely there is somewhere is leaking.. did they use something to detect for leak?

btw do u still remember do they join 2 copper pipe together when installation? i mean like when the piping not enough long than they join it together.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
yup..saving is more from Hitachi on full load.

BUT than in overall, Panasonic might be more saving than Hitachi.
the reason is:
-panasonic cools the room faster than hitachi.
-thus lesser time on full load.
-therefore lesser time on full load would save some money. :D

Yo bro!

You currently using Panasonic Envio System3 air-con right?

So far so good? any small review on it? I intend to get it.

Thx :)

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just purchased the Mitsubishi Inverter System 3 from Gain City IMM. 22K+10K+10K BTU.

watsurbid

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My friend was recently recommended an LG system 3 non-inverter for $1650 @ a shop called Best Tech, IMM branch.

The price seems alot cheaper compared to other shops like gain city ($1850/ with old aircon trade-in) and another shop which quoted $1900 (including installation).

It seems that they are also offering a better quality of rubber tubing (called K-Flex) FOC.

Does anyone have any experience with the shop, or should i stick with an established shop?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My friend was recently recommended an LG system 3 non-inverter for $1650 @ a shop called Best Tech, IMM branch.

The price seems alot cheaper compared to other shops like gain city ($1850/ with old aircon trade-in) and another shop which quoted $1900 (including installation).

It seems that they are also offering a better quality of rubber tubing (called K-Flex) FOC.

Does anyone have any experience with the shop, or should i stick with an established shop?

No. From Best Tech.

Did read some negative reviews from the forum. But went ahead with the installation any way.

Compressor I think 36K BTU. Need to check the spec to confirm.
Fan coil is 9000 each.

No upgrade for pipes, just install with whatever they provide.

My MHI system 3 inverter installed by Best Tech.

The "tau chiu" doing the installation is abit unfriendly, but after packing lunch and a packet cigarettes for him and his "kah kia", they did a pretty good job.

Have not try their after sales service yet.

MHI compressor is freaking huge. There is only a 2 inch clearance between the window panel and the top of the compressor, when the window is open.

Do take note when installing.

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine insulation is K-Flex too.. but it wasnt so gd. never had any Armaflex insulation. so cant really compare tat is K-Flex better than Armaflex? or Armaflex is better than K-Flex...

IMO, foam is better than those rubber-like type.

kenzomaz

Reaction score
Can anyone recom some model for 2 bedroom? Not daily use, but i need it to be energy saving and durable... Saw CU-2c18jkz from panasonic, any bro got beta recom? Thanks

LWP6998

Reaction score
My MHI system 3 inverter installed by Best Tech.

The "tau chiu" doing the installation is abit unfriendly, but after packing lunch and a packet cigarettes for him and his "kah kia", they did a pretty good job.

Have not try their after sales service yet.

MHI compressor is freaking huge. There is only a 2 inch clearance between the window panel and the top of the compressor, when the window is open.

Do take note when installing.

I experience the same while having my installation done last week by GC (GAIN CITY).. not please with their (only one lah not the other one) attitude too.. (I got 2 technician doing the setup, one is friendly fast, the other one is slow and seems that the whole wide world owes him a living)... i was ready to give them a tips $50/- to be shared by the duo after they give me a good installation, however, it was not pleasant at all with their service, though i even volunteer to help during the setup.. The slow and seems that the whole wide world owes him a living technician screwed up. So after the installation. I only gave them a 'thank you', that's all. I think all this technician have to understand that the customers does not owe them a living, they chose the job themselve and no one forced them to work as a technician, they should do every job a good job and bring up to the standard that their company have portray. If these technician are not happy with the job then RESIGN LAH. Don't act as if the whole world owes you a living. They must remember that the customer also pays an amount for the Aircon also and not expect that every house they are deployed to service or setup the installation, the house owner will buy food, cigarette, or tips them at the end of the job. If there are, it's bonus. if not, they are still working. Pls don't show your face to the customer... if really nothappy, i suggest RESIGN and go back to bolehland and find a better job there.

Last edited:

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi CHunliang,

Thanks for your inputs.

You set high fan speed during cool mode operation @ nite.
Is your fancoil unit installer near a door?

Hi terumo, it worked. Have set to high fan speed, no more water droplets on the louvers.
IS this due to weak fan speed, not blowing all the cold air out thus resulting in condensation on the louvers? But higher fan speed = high electricity consumption?:s27:
Yup FCU is about 2m away from door.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi CHunliang,

Thanks for your inputs.

Hi terumo, it worked. Have set to high fan speed, no more water droplets on the louvers.
IS this due to weak fan speed, not blowing all the cold air out thus resulting in condensation on the louvers? But higher fan speed = high electricity consumption?:s27:
Yup FCU is about 2m away from door.
to wat i tink, it shouldnt gets condensation when set to any speed.

yup..higher fan speed = high electricity consumption. dont tink u wan it to be tat high everyday. it will also reduce the lifespan of the fan motor.

i guess the Condenser unit is precharged wit system 4 configuration. in this case, yours is system 3. so the installer should change the pressure/refrigerant to be suitable for system 3. mayb i'm wrong?

terumo

Reaction score
Setting higher fan speed on any fancoil will not affect the electrical bill in a big big way.
One fancoil fan motor when running will draw ard 0.1-0.2amp depending on fan speed.
Your compressor when cut in, we talk about invertor compressor running 2 fancoil of 9k btu each will draw ard say 3-6 amp depending on load.
6amp (outdoor) vs 0.2amp (indoor), a lot of difference?

So its ok to set high fan speed as it will cool down the room faster and enable the compressor to cut off faster thus resulting in energy saving in a way or so. This is my views.

The Daikin Ma56 comes pre charged with ard 2.3kg of gas. Even if its connected to 1,2,3 or even 4 fancoil. The 2.3kg of gas will be enough and does not need to release gas for sys 2 or 3 as there are 4 expansion valve for each for the fancoils to regulate gas flow. If you on just 1 unit of 9k btu, the compressor stills draws ard 7amp of current (ard 21k btu) and the remaining 13k btu is wasted thus Ma56 is non-invertor cos the compressor is single speed compared to invertor where the compressor can run on different speeds according to many conditions like how many units on, room temp and remote temp.

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Setting higher fan speed on any fancoil will not affect the electrical bill in a big big way.
One fancoil fan motor when running will draw ard 0.1-0.2amp depending on fan speed.
Your compressor when cut in, we talk about invertor compressor running 2 fancoil of 9k btu each will draw ard say 3-6 amp depending on load.
6amp (outdoor) vs 0.2amp (indoor), a lot of difference?

So its ok to set high fan speed as it will cool down the room faster and enable the compressor to cut off faster thus resulting in energy saving in a way or so. This is my views.

The Daikin Ma56 comes pre charged with ard 2.3kg of gas. Even if its connected to 1,2,3 or even 4 fancoil. The 2.3kg of gas will be enough and does not need to release gas for sys 2 or 3 as there are 4 expansion valve for each for the fancoils to regulate gas flow. If you on just 1 unit of 9k btu, the compressor stills draws ard 7amp of current (ard 21k btu) and the remaining 13k btu is wasted thus Ma56 is non-invertor cos the compressor is single speed compared to invertor where the compressor can run on different speeds according to many conditions like how many units on, room temp and remote temp.
ok..thanks for the gd info! :):p

i know when only on 1 fcu, it will run around 6.4 - 6.5A. wit 2 bar fan speed.

quite true tat faster fan speed will enable faster cut-off compressor. but than will result faster cut-in compressor? as faster airflow results in faster rise in temperature??

well...on the ma56ev1, actually i know it hav expansion valve to adjust the amount of gas going to the fcu. anyway jus to point out the possibility only.:p

so if on 1 fcu, certain amount of liquid is going to tat fcu, but than how about the rest of the liquid goes? flow back to the return gas? how i wish i can hav a look or pics of the configuration inside.:D

anyway on jtec14 case,
suspect is bigger diameter of return gas copper pipe..mayb?

so does it mean when all fcu is installed near the door, something will happens like wat jtec14 one is???

dkuan88

Reaction score
I'm planning to get a Sharp Plasmacluster System 3 inverter for $2399 incl. gst.
Does anyone using this aircon? Is it good?
The SM offer me the blower 12k, 9k & 7k which roughly correspond to my room size.
Normally it is 7k for all 3 blower.

Thanks!

Last edited:

steven0608

Reaction score
hunting for air-con as well....system 3

look like in term of BTU for system 3 inverter, Mit has the highest 29000+BTU. Daikin, Panasonic, Toshiba around 25000+BTU condenser unit for sub 3k range with 9+9+12 setup.

Sale guy said that it is OK to have gas pipe bigger than specification, but not smaller. Is this true ?

Anyone can comments ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.