Question about Malacca

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
Gg on next month after coming down from Genting. Tried to book Holiday Inn but no more room. In the end settle with Mahkota Hotel - 3 rooms apartment for one night, hope it is good. Anyone stay there b4, can comment...thanks.

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
Gg on next month after coming down from Genting. Tried to book Holiday Inn but no more room. In the end settle with Mahkota Hotel - 3 rooms apartment for one night, hope it is good. Anyone stay there b4, can comment...thanks.

Mahkota is basically an apartment lor, 2/3 rooms with living hall under one roof, suitable for big family. A bit run down liao (at least 10 years already I guess) as compare to Holiday Inn. Swimming pool at ground floor, not much facility. Located just beside Holiday Inn, so location is as good as Holiday Inn.

Health Spa in the hotel opens for men only :D:D.....Take note :D:D

To me, if Holiday Inn is first choice, I will choose either Equatorial or Renaissance as replacement if first choice fully booked.

bigass

Reaction score
try Aldy hotel. A very strategic loc to go shopping at mahkota, jonker and other plc. Very cheap. Below 100MYR/night. Coupon provided for u to park opposite the hotel. Don't test and proven for 1 night =)

buswhiz

Reaction score
try Aldy hotel. A very strategic loc to go shopping at mahkota, jonker and other plc. Very cheap. Below 100MYR/night. Coupon provided for u to park opposite the hotel. Don't test and proven for 1 night =)
where is Aldy hotel? can to share which street?

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
Mahkota is basically an apartment lor, 2/3 rooms with living hall under one roof, suitable for big family. A bit run down liao (at least 10 years already I guess) as compare to Holiday Inn. Swimming pool at ground floor, not much facility. Located just beside Holiday Inn, so location is as good as Holiday Inn.

Health Spa in the hotel opens for men only :D:D.....Take note :D:D

To me, if Holiday Inn is first choice, I will choose either Equatorial or Renaissance as replacement if first choice fully booked.

I bobian lor...1st choice was Holiday Inn but fully booked. Then Renaisance too exp...thinking it was for 1 night only, so juz go for it since the rate is cheap comes with breakfast for 6.

You sure bo...the Heatlth Spa there for men only?? What the rate...haha...:D

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
You sure bo...the Heatlth Spa there for men only?? What the rate...haha...:D

Hehe.... I went in be4 to look look see see mah....The entrance is beside the Swimming pool at basement floor. Steam bath, Jacuzzi, makan & drink all available. .....Less than S$100 to cover all.

Oh yes, the rate is much cheaper compare to Holiday Inn/Equatorial/Renaissance. 1 nite only, no problem la......some more 6 pax, worth it.

weehong21

Reaction score
Basically for Mohkota, u need to book the premier rooms if you want the rooms to be better maintained. It slightly more expensive. But its still cheaper than Holiday Inn.

If you have worldcard, u will enjoy very good discounts. A premier room with 2 BR cost about RM 320++ (peak rate with worldcard) with 4 breakfast. It definitely much cheaper than Holiday Inn.

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
If you have worldcard, u will enjoy very good discounts. A premier room with 2 BR cost about RM 320++ (peak rate with worldcard) with 4 breakfast. It definitely much cheaper than Holiday Inn.

I am wondering if the worldcard can be used at Health Spa to get discount :D:D:D

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
Walao....most review said that Mahkota room cmi....but thanks goodness, I am staying there for 1 nite only...pheww.....lucki, got Health Spa to make up for it....hehez....

weehong21

Reaction score
Walao....most review said that Mahkota room cmi....but thanks goodness, I am staying there for 1 nite only...pheww.....lucki, got Health Spa to make up for it....hehez....

I would not say Mahkota is bad. You pay for you get lor. I stayed 3 type of rooms in Mohkota, stayed in Seri Costa and Emperor hotel.

Of all I find that Seri Costa is the worst. For mohkota, if you are staying at the Premier room, its quite okie. Like a lot of people feedback, the standard and deluxe room are not as well maintained.

Emperor hotel is another choice where its quite cheap. the room are pretty well maintained. But the down side is that its quite a distance from the shopping areas.

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
I would not say Mahkota is bad. You pay for you get lor. I stayed 3 type of rooms in Mohkota, stayed in Seri Costa and Emperor hotel.

Of all I find that Seri Costa is the worst. For mohkota, if you are staying at the Premier room, its quite okie. Like a lot of people feedback, the standard and deluxe room are not as well maintained.

Emperor hotel is another choice where its quite cheap. the room are pretty well maintained. But the down side is that its quite a distance from the shopping areas.

Mine is a 3 room apartment leh....wonder which one it belong to...hmm.

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 3 room apartment leh....wonder which one it belong to...hmm.

Bro, 2 or 3 rooms is just the apartment configurations. There are few category available such as standard, deluxe and premier.

If I remember correctly, 3 bedrooms only got Standard type. 2 bedrooms you can choose from 3 categories at diff price level.

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro, 2 or 3 rooms is just the apartment configurations. There are few category available such as standard, deluxe and premier.

If I remember correctly, 3 bedrooms only got Standard type. 2 bedrooms you can choose from 3 categories at diff price level.

Bobian liao....pray for the best....:s7:

weehong21

Reaction score
actually u will be better off trying to walk to clock tower or plahlawan mall. Its only a short distance from holiday inn.

ccssgm

Reaction score
actually u will be better off trying to walk to clock tower or plahlawan mall. Its only a short distance from holiday inn.

Is shortest way. Is quite difficult to cross the road there
All car driving at high speed :)

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
Is shortest way. Is quite difficult to cross the road there
All car driving at high speed :)

If not a risk taker, from Holiday Inn walk further up to cross the road under the overhead bridge, then walk back/down again from opposite direction. This way is a bit far but safe.

But normally ppl chiong.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.