Himedia HD300A Media Player

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was checking out the movies and drama to stream thru HD300A...

Must I check page by page??
Any idea how to go direct to a specific page or search a title?

Same goes for YouTube... how to search?

mikehwz

Reaction score
At present, need to scroll page by page. Worst is that the most popular one alwAys in last few pages. Heard that next firmware will improve this.

keroro

Reaction score
At present, need to scroll page by page. Worst is that the most popular one alwAys in last few pages. Heard that next firmware will improve this.

at least it allows you to scroll page by page. the ac ryan one doesn't but it does have a search function.

qrsy2k

Reaction score
There is a search for youtube liao. As for the search/enter page number for PPS have to wait for the next firmware update which might release later this week. Saw it from playsmart official forum

keroro

Reaction score
just wondering. if there is youtube, there is youku. wonder if there is a way to add in tudou to the list of sites.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a search for youtube liao. As for the search/enter page number for PPS have to wait for the next firmware update which might release later this week. Saw it from playsmart official forum

when i select youtube can only get a list of MOST this and that....
how to enter my own search?
tks :D

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
Click on "search videos" before entering the Youtube menu...it's there after u enter IMS

vahliton

Reaction score
is anyone connecting his hd300a straight to mio's modem (not wireless) and able to view pps?

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
i cant...i tried with wireless dongle cant....thought direct from modem to player can work...NOPE!!! Lags like hell or the page wont load properly...i.e. loaded but it's Blank with no videos. Im really disappointed....seems like it's SNBB problem.

I have a question regarding sound. I used a digital optical cable to connect to my amplifier. Some video has sound with the SPDIF RAW but some has no sound with this option on. When i change to the other SPDIF mode, there is sound but i have to increase my volume of my amplifier to a very HIGH volume. Can someone please advise?

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No 5.1 via SP/DIF Optical TOSLink

Connected HD300A with SP/DIF Optical to my AV receiver and play a few rmvb 720p with AC3 files but cant get 5.1 output.

Tried setting Audio>spdif to raw and the other option.

any advise?

ah_low

Reaction score
mio user here. no prob watching pps. did u see an ip address after u setup ur connection for wireless.

I tried both wired and also wireless (via DLink DWA-130).

Both have IP address appeared at set up screen.

Using latest firmware 1.0.3.8.

Did u do any config to the 2Wire Mio modem?

keroro

Reaction score
I tried both wired and also wireless (via DLink DWA-130).

Both have IP address appeared at set up screen.

Using latest firmware 1.0.3.8.

Did u do any config to the 2Wire Mio modem?

hmmz. nope. but the following is just a suggestion. try using the default password for the router and see that it works. and i remember micheal saying the password need to be less than 10 characters.

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine is worst...im stuck at the "Testing" page after entering my WEP key. My set is in the living room while my router is in my room. My hp is able to connect when im in the living room but not the player....can someone please help me?

ah_low

Reaction score
hmmz. nope. but the following is just a suggestion. try using the default password for the router and see that it works. and i remember micheal saying the password need to be less than 10 characters.

The default password for MIO 2wire modem is 10 characters exactly. I am using this password.

May i know which modem &/or router u are using?

ah_low

Reaction score
i cant...i tried with wireless dongle cant....thought direct from modem to player can work...NOPE!!! Lags like hell or the page wont load properly...i.e. loaded but it's Blank with no videos. Im really disappointed....seems like it's SNBB problem.

I have a question regarding sound. I used a digital optical cable to connect to my amplifier. Some video has sound with the SPDIF RAW but some has no sound with this option on. When i change to the other SPDIF mode, there is sound but i have to increase my volume of my amplifier to a very HIGH volume. Can someone please advise?

Hi kiddream,

I am facing the exactly the same prob as you. Also a SNBB user.

Trying to see if it is the modem not suitable or is Singnet problem.

May I check whether are u using the 2wire modem/router?

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
Im using the 2wire 2701 modem...white in colour...super pissed off now...i was so excited to watch PPS...hianz...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.