Himedia HD300A Media Player

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today checked out this player at the 06-66/67 shops. Looks pretty cool.

Draw back is it only support 2.5" internal harddisk & not the cheaper 3.5" internal harddisk. Good news? It supply an external SATA power & SATA data port to connect to a 3.5" SATA harddisk directly. Not as elegant but sure does the job. See the external SATA cable on the right.

9hi8p3.jpg

From the demo on streaming support from some china website, this players seemed to beat the ACRyan in terms of feature rich. And the guy claimed it uses the same chipset as the ACRyan Playon.

Cool I must say.

Last edited:

ReyB99

Reaction score
I'm having problems with the HD300A, can't play any youtube video clips. it shows a blue screen and goes back to the main menu after several seconds.

anybody having the same problem? i'm using Singnet here. I can view youku clips though very very choppy.

genesis113

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm having problems with the HD300A, can't play any youtube video clips. it shows a blue screen and goes back to the main menu after several seconds.

anybody having the same problem? i'm using Singnet here. I can view youku clips though very very choppy.

What firmware version you are using?
1.0.39 have problem with youtube.
1.0.37 is better choice for now.

ck_siong

Reaction score
Hi,

Just to check if this is possible.

a) Using PC to copy files from PC HDD to HiMedia HD300A connected USB External HDD.
b) Playing from one HiMedia HD300A player from another HiMedia HD300A connected USB External HDD.

Thanks

ghostrider16

Reaction score
hi all...

what i did to overcome the "cannot play media" handicap is to install pps client into my pc and then select download movies to your local or PC HDD. once you done that, you can then stream the movie into himedia player and watch it the same way you did before pps was cut off. the only drawback is that you need to wait for the movie to be completely downloaded before the file shows up in your player (via SAMBA)... but the plus point is you get to search a lot more faster...

my problems is pps client seems to shut down from time to time... not sure if the client setting is right... anyone who is familar with pps client care to share???

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all...

what i did to overcome the "cannot play media" handicap is to install pps client into my pc and then select download movies to your local or PC HDD. once you done that, you can then stream the movie into himedia player and watch it the same way you did before pps was cut off. the only drawback is that you need to wait for the movie to be completely downloaded before the file shows up in your player (via SAMBA)... but the plus point is you get to search a lot more faster...

my problems is pps client seems to shut down from time to time... not sure if the client setting is right... anyone who is familar with pps client care to share???

where to select download? is it the top portion of the pps "movie screen"?

junhize

Reaction score
Maybe I remembered it wrongly. But I'm afraid that even $289 is not enough cause I saw Michael posted retail price $329 at his website.

Oh where can u find that, I can't seem to find price on playsmartsg.biz or is this site correct?

I think maybe that's for HD500B-T i think, he told me before it's $50 more exp. Anyone went to check out HD500B demo set come alr?

Fanzhen

Reaction score
Oh where can u find that, I can't seem to find price on playsmartsg.biz or is this site correct?

I think maybe that's for HD500B-T i think, he told me before it's $50 more exp. Anyone went to check out HD500B demo set come alr?

Extract from playsmartsg.net

Great news:HiMedia HD500B demo unit arrived at our showroom! Exclusively at our Showroom! The very First HiMedia HD500B in Singapore!

You are welcome to bring your own files to test and feel the performance of HiMedia HD500B Full HD Media Player and Recorder in our showroom: #06-65/66, Sim Lim Square from today onwards.

Offcial Retail Price in China

HD500B: RMB 1580 = SGD 329
HD500B-T (With Dual DVB-T Tuner): RMB 1980 = SGD 412​

Retail Price in Singapore

HD500B: SGD 329
HD500B-T (With Dual DVB-T Tuner):SGD 409​

Once stock arrived, we will give first 50 customers launch promotion price. Stay tuned.

See you there!Cheers

Play Smart Pte Ltd

dwan

Reaction score
but whats the difference between HD500 and HD300? only gt tv-tuner?

HD500B-T is a PVR & DVB-T where HD300 series is a Media Player only.
HD500B is using RTD1283 chipset and HD300 is using RTD1073DD chipset.

RTD1283 - Higher processor speed 500Mhz MIPS
Supports DTS-HD, DD7.1
Supports On2 VP6 video decoding & WMA3 audio decoding.
Better thermal stability due to BGA Package.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.