Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

chimpchimp

Reaction score
Redspot Car Rentals at Hyatt Hotel along Adelaide Terrace is good. Not as expensive as those bigwig car rental companies like Avis or Hertz. Redspot accepts cash i think as well as credit card because i remember the last time i wanted to rent a car from Bayswater, my sister who's studying in Perth had no credit card of her own and i thought maybe can use my mum's credit card to pay but then not allowed, coz credit card must be in the name of the driver which is my sister. So in the end, we chose Redspot. Car was Nissan Tiida/Latio hatchback, quite a clean car and we experienced a fuss-free journey throughout.

TaZ_MaN

Reaction score
Anybody knows whether there is any differences in the walk-in rates and the online rates for Bayswater and M2000 rental? Thanks in advance....

ckjoe03

Reaction score
hi all,

Redspot car rental is what i will recommend for all as excess free is very important to me. Just go to its website and get its quote. if you need any help let me know.

rdgs

TaZ_MaN

Reaction score
hi all,

Redspot car rental is what i will recommend for all as excess free is very important to me. Just go to its website and get its quote. if you need any help let me know.

rdgs

I did a check on the price from Redspot. It gives A$101 a day.
At this rate, i don't find it attractive leh.
Bayswater quotes only around A$40+ a day with excess of A$50.

Is there any discount codes that you guys are using?

Thanks.

ckjoe03

Reaction score
I did a check on the price from Redspot. It gives A$101 a day.
At this rate, i don't find it attractive leh.
Bayswater quotes only around A$40+ a day with excess of A$50.

Is there any discount codes that you guys are using?

Thanks.

oh...tat's very expensive for sure. The thing about redspot is the pricing is in between Avis/Hertz and baywater. The cars are pretty new and i do not think you will encounter any problems along the way and they are with zero excess as well.

Okay, i am redspot biz club member and do enter the quote CDBCBIZ and see how much you are quoted.

mambofever

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For redspot can collect at airport? I understand that bayswater doesn't allow people to collect from airport

ckjoe03

Reaction score
For redspot can collect at airport? I understand that bayswater doesn't allow people to collect from airport

of cos possible bcos in perth i think they have one booth in the airport and another one at city. collection/dropping off at either one is fine.

mambofever

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
of cos possible bcos in perth i think they have one booth in the airport and another one at city. collection/dropping off at either one is fine.

possible to just go airport and rent instead of booking online?

Frederick84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, Anyone know whether Hertz and Avis charge age surcharge for 23 year old driver who use sg licence ?

thx

chimpchimp

Reaction score
budget/hertz is the last thing i will look for when i want to rent a car.
try bayswater or redspot, both are young drivers friendly. students like to rent frm redspot though. so i only recommend these 2, both are cheap and reliable.

yeokiwi

Reaction score
I had rented from thrifty and budget before. They were ok.
The rate will be good if there is some special offer.

Once, I had rented budget car and they gave me a +2 upgrade(1.6l to 3.5l)...hehe..

kittylove

Reaction score
i was in perth 3 weeks ago! Was using Hertz, can collect the car from the airport.

bought full cover insurance at around AUD$33++ per day, total for 7 days will be $200++ lah.

My rental was originally for a Toyoto Corolla but they upgrade for free to a Camry as they ran out of Corollas. So I was very happy....until I got my credit card bill last week.

I was charged AUD$400+ !! I really don't know why. I can't remember if I paid for the insurance over there in cash or did i ask to charge to my card. Even if charge to my card also can't be $400+ leh. Sigh!! As I book the car via a travel agent, I asked my agent to help me check it out. Pending reply from Hertz now....

teabreak

Reaction score
In Perth, rent from No Birds. They have a huge of Toyoto Corolla which are super reliable.

I once accidentally went on unpaved road in NSW for 200km on a Corolla. Fearing the worst, the car and myself survived the butt-crushing experience and went on for another 2000km without any problem.

faeron

Reaction score
I always use http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au to search for the best prices. Though over the last few weeks when I rented in Melb and Syd, Hertz came out to be the cheapest after applying in 10% discount you can get from www.priceline.com.sg.

Personally, I do not get car insurance from the company because the daily rates is so overpriced. Cheaper alternatively would be a travel insurance / car insurance bought separately. I use http://www.worldwideinsure.com (Car insurance only) or www.1cover.com.au (Travel insurance with car excess). Both cost less then 100SGD for 12 days. The only negative to doing this is that you have to pay for any excess before claiming it from the company.

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always use http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au to search for the best prices. Though over the last few weeks when I rented in Melb and Syd, Hertz came out to be the cheapest after applying in 10% discount you can get from www.priceline.com.sg.

Personally, I do not get car insurance from the company because the daily rates is so overpriced. Cheaper alternatively would be a travel insurance / car insurance bought separately. I use http://www.worldwideinsure.com (Car insurance only) or www.1cover.com.au (Travel insurance with car excess). Both cost less then 100SGD for 12 days. The only negative to doing this is that you have to pay for any excess before claiming it from the company.

Thanks for the insurance tip.

erskinemich

Reaction score
Hi All,

I will be heading to Perth in 3rd week of October for a week and intend to rent a car to travel around.

Have gone through the posts and noted that some of you rent the cars when you reach there. Any idea whether it'll be cheaper to do advance booking online or to book in person when I am there?

I have checked Hertz, and the cost is AUD350 for one week Camry. This excludes the excess reduction which cost a whooping AUD27 per day.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

erskinemich

Reaction score
Hi All,

I will be heading to Perth in 3rd week of October for a week and intend to rent a car to travel around.

Have gone through the posts and noted that some of you rent the cars when you reach there. Any idea whether it'll be cheaper to do advance booking online or to book in person when I am there?

I have checked Hertz, and the cost is AUD350 for one week Camry. This excludes the excess reduction which cost a whooping AUD27 per day.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.