Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

buibuisnail

Reaction score
just wana check on e extended warranty, issit must employ back e same coy for servicing at least once to enjoy e terms & conditions inside e extended warranty? read somewhere if u din at least service with them it's not counted??

& anyone order from Gain city sengkang before??? how their services? :D

jimmy_07

Reaction score
Why don't you call a shop like Gain City to go to your place for a site visit, to advise and propose you some models? They can also check on the room sizes to find the right fit.

Just to check that you only measure the length and width of the rooms to get the room sizes, and did not mulitply the height, right?

I have went to the shop previously and the salesman intro me to go for the
22, 10, 10 without telling me which compressor use. I have show him the floor plan also.

Yes, I do not multiply the height.

lwm999

Reaction score
A shop quoted me additional $800+ on top of the usual installation/equipment cost for replacing piping in the false ceiling. The aircon replacement job needs to open up 3-4 holes in the false ceiling, then cover back with normal white paint at the hole areas. Is that reasonable?

lwm999

Reaction score
$800 for how many sets of piping?
The quotation is for unlimited piping required to complete the work. I think the guy was saying the $800 is mainly for the opening/closing/touch up of the false ceiling, and the additional difficulty to work in the false ceiling.

The quotations I got are:
Toshiba/Daikin Sys 3 Inverter with 2x9k BTU, 1x12k BTU: $30xx-$31xx
Toshiba/Daikin Sys 3 non-inverter with equivalent FCU: $22xx-$24xx.

The $800+ is on top on the above prices. All include GST.

If I choose the inverter version, the total cost is close to $4k, higher than what I initially planned for.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am considering between Mitsubishi Heavy Industry and Electric. what are the reasons people go for the Electric (Starmex) brand? this brand seems more popular

Last edited:

jimmy_07

Reaction score
Sign the deal with gain city at Singapore Expo today.
Price wise I will not say cheaper but they do give free extended warranty. Go for Toshiba brand as Mitsubishi only available on March and they are not sure it will deliver on time or not.

Yurikaze

Reaction score
Sign the deal with gain city at Singapore Expo today.
Price wise I will not say cheaper but they do give free extended warranty. Go for Toshiba brand as Mitsubishi only available on March and they are not sure it will deliver on time or not.

Good choice, can see the top 3 popular choice are Mitsu MHI or Electric, Toshiba, Panasonic and daikin.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go for Toshiba brand as Mitsubishi only available on March and they are not sure it will deliver on time or not.
there talk about Mitsubishi factory was facing problems with parts and quality issue so the plant was closed to investigate the problem that why there no stock.
anyone can confirm? :s11:

Yurikaze

Reaction score
Actually top 5. MHI and Mitsu Electric are 2 different brands.

Haha, keep thinking of the more popular brands and forgot I type "top 3" Hehe.. :s13:

Anyway, just installed my sys 3 MHI 2day by best tech and they just took 2 hrs to install and fix the fcus, compressor and started up for testing. Even thou they're late by an hr [due to unable to secure the release of goods], they are still fast and focus. Have to say it's nicely done up and the aircon cool the room very fast! Due to new HDB flats being smaller and smaller by the day. :s22:

dibromoethene

Reaction score
hi bros,

Just wanna share my experience and hopefully get some advised from experience guys like u on my sanyo aircon. It it supposed to come with 3 year warranty and 5 year warranty on compressor

It's only 3+ years old and the air con is not cooling properly anymore. Got the sanyo tech to come down and they said that there is a coil in the outdoor unit which is broken (?!)

But its not covered by warranty as it is not the compressor. I thought the compressor refers to the entire outdoor unit, but no.

anyway it's a hefty $690 to fix it for 3 months warranty... what do u guys suggest?

Anyway sanyo air con quality is so disappointing, electrical problem within 1st year, and now 3 yrs + the outdoor unit broke...

Yurikaze

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, if it's too expensive to repair, would suggest to get a new 1 instead of hanging on to it. I almost made my decision to get a sanyo for my new hse also but last min changed my mind to a MHI. Now very satisfied with it. Hope no problems with it and happy many years to come provided with good servicing from SM.

terumo

Reaction score
Compressor is the motor inside the outdoor unit and the warrt is exclusive of labour charges,

Dearboy87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mm.. can gain city request for particular installation team??

anyone can recommend a trustworthy installer? and price reasonable??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.