what's the awol charge and punishment?

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
his gf also dunno who's the superiors leh.. his gf keep calling the in-charge to call her, she want to know better details, they like damn busy no time make calls

I can't remember if it is a requirement to inform the parents / gf, but it would be a courtesy to do so. They need to file an awol case against the awolee, so would be quite busy with investigations too, if unit is small, might be same officer who files the charge and 'defends' him. So they need to try to put in all the details as well as any mitigating factors. My advice is to not disturb them at least until court martial date, since if you make them pissed off, it will not be good for the mitigation plea (though it might not help too much).

Last edited:

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whether he is under CA or sentence he is still held at db. it's the same camp actually.

his awol duration is so long...fulfil the cut off duration for court martial dunno how many times over. as long as over 90 days for 1st awol = db liao

1st awol <90days = summary trial > 90days GCM liao.

beautybabies

Reaction score
I can't remember if it is a requirement to inform the parents / gf, but it would be a courtesy to do so. They need to file an awol case against the awolee, so would be quite busy with investigations too, if unit is small, might be same officer who files the charge and 'defends' him. So they need to try to put in all the details as well as any mitigating factors. My advice is to not disturb them at least until court martial date, since if you make them pissed off, it will not be good for the mitigation plea (though it might not help too much).
but now right, the bf address has been change from the i/c.. by right, they should check with the bf the actual address to send over, they will have a letter mention when and venue to visit him, if not he's inside surely worried outside gf/children is well anot right?

beautybabies

Reaction score
whether he is under CA or sentence he is still held at db. it's the same camp actually.

his awol duration is so long...fulfil the cut off duration for court martial dunno how many times over. as long as over 90 days for 1st awol = db liao

1st awol <90days = summary trial > 90days GCM liao.
ca means? and what is this mean 1st awol <90days = summary trial > 90days GCM liao.?

beautybabies

Reaction score
I dun really remember exact figure leh, but first time offender, what I remember for within my powers.... is 1 day DB for every 2 days AWOL, that is JDO summary trial for those who awol a few days one. This one is court martial case, so might be different case. Court martial sentencing usually look at past cases, not sure if public can access court martial similar past cases, with some minor changes for different cases.

As above, this is court martial case, so first need to wait for court martial date, he will be in DB on close arrest until then. Sentence, might or might not start with his first day in custody, depending on how long the sentence also (if few years, few days difference wont make a significant difference... if few weeks, a few days will make some difference).

Home visit will be most likely made by defending officer. This is just to understand and verify his family conditions for the mitigation plea. Do note that defending officer is just another NSF officer who cannot do much for him except help plead guilty and read out the mitigation plea, the prosecution is a civilian lawyer, NSF 2LT wont stand any chance arguing with a trained lawyer. If my memory is right, sentence will be about 2 years, with possibility of 1/3 discount for good behaviour, so about 16 months after discount.

For visitation, I can't remember if can do so now, but definitely can do so after sentencing. Unit should inform them of court martial date, and you can go for the hearing, like normal subordinate court. Court martial is at Kranji camp, DB just behind that. I'm not really sure if gf not allowed, but I think got limit, like 2 person per visit, 1 visit per week. My unit last time go ppl in DB also, I remembered the gf got go visit or at least the detainee (habitual awolee, like 5th time already) said so.

Editted: yeah, close arrest is the word... me forgot the exact term, didnt read last few posts before posting.
you mean he run so many years, the sentence is roughly If my memory is right, sentence will be about 2 years, with possibility of 1/3 discount for good behaviour, so about 16 months after discount.
?

db also somewhere kranji camp?

kingkongikiss

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
must go by COC. find MP also they cant help much, but can try. inside BD cant marry one. maybe they let him out one day with some police with him and let him marry.

beautybabies

Reaction score
must go by COC. find MP also they cant help much, but can try. inside BD cant marry one. maybe they let him out one day with some police with him and let him marry.
coc means? if can married will be better to visit him right
cos the gf not gd term with the family

Gabriel_23

Banned
Reaction score
I heard someone told me before. for everyday u awol, u will kena 2 days db. so maybe 2x the length he awol?

confirm hv to go thru all the court martial proceedings. depends on how efficient they are?

depends. can use that as a plead.

i heard the max no. of days DB is 60 days , though the 7 years thingy is still applicable

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but now right, the bf address has been change from the i/c.. by right, they should check with the bf the actual address to send over, they will have a letter mention when and venue to visit him, if not he's inside surely worried outside gf/children is well anot right?

Er, I think last time with such case, is chief clerk call family to inform them, number can get from awolee. So the bf put a "wrong" address on his IC? If that is so, he might be prosecuted for doing that, either by military or civilian police (IIRC, by law, you are supposed to update your IC address within 2 weeks of moving) or by both parties.

No letter is supposed to be sent out, unless it is for notification for court martial date/time.

you mean he run so many years, the sentence is roughly If my memory is right, sentence will be about 2 years, with possibility of 1/3 discount for good behaviour, so about 16 months after discount.
?

db also somewhere kranji camp?

DB is behind kranji camp, though it is a seperate camp altogether. Inside DB quite sad one... Cell is shared by 3 to 7 inmates, with just one small sink / toilet bowl per cell. I think only given a thin straw mat to sleep on concrete floor. Need to call every MP as sir. IIRC got 3 phases. First phase or first few months need to have physical punishment, carry 20kg sandbag and walk duno how many rounds. Second phase is the middle, nothing outstanding... Third phase got more welfare, think got board games / newspapers to allow them to adapt better after releasing.

beautybabies

Reaction score
Er, I think last time with such case, is chief clerk call family to inform them, number can get from awolee. So the bf put a "wrong" address on his IC? If that is so, he might be prosecuted for doing that, either by military or civilian police (IIRC, by law, you are supposed to update your IC address within 2 weeks of moving) or by both parties.

No letter is supposed to be sent out, unless it is for notification for court martial date/time.

DB is behind kranji camp, though it is a seperate camp altogether. Inside DB quite sad one... Cell is shared by 3 to 7 inmates, with just one small sink / toilet bowl per cell. I think only given a thin straw mat to sleep on concrete floor. Need to call every MP as sir. IIRC got 3 phases. First phase or first few months need to have physical punishment, carry 20kg sandbag and walk duno how many rounds. Second phase is the middle, nothing outstanding... Third phase got more welfare, think got board games / newspapers to allow them to adapt better after releasing.
oh.. no parents divcorse so he did not change his address.. how to contact awolee

beautybabies

Reaction score
my R&D clerk say maximum DB sentence 2 years....
if really max 2 years, that is gd.. after plead etc, hope to get lighter sentence, for him to come out and together with his gf and 2 childrens.. cos overall both children need to have a father to complete a family

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if really max 2 years, that is gd.. after plead etc, hope to get lighter sentence, for him to come out and together with his gf and 2 childrens.. cos overall both children need to have a father to complete a family

After 2 years still need to serve army hor. If get stay in job, also weekend book out only... unless get married, might have greater chance of stay out. Then again stay out might have more mental stress than stay in... more expenses, more travelling, wake up earlier, less rest....

snipes14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How did he avoid capture when he has been in and out of the IMH (Government Institution)?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.