Getting rid of roaches in car

hesperus

Reaction score
Recently, my car is infested with roaches. No matter how many times of vacuuming or killing them, they still persistently refuse to go away. It's getting very irritating for me already.Any solutions?

lattesurf

Master Member
Reaction score
No use killing and vacuuming, cos they probably started a nest in your car. Kill already, will still be back with more.

Use those roach baits, put 1 under each seat, they eat liao and die. It will take abit of time, but definitely works. Also, avoid eating in your car at least for another 1-2months, small food scraps would keep them alive.

justicesg

Reaction score
I am old school all-natural eco-friendly! Pandanus amaryllifolius! Fresh pandan leaves to keep the roaches away.

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They can eat anything including papers.

You need bait to kill them, all of them. Take up to 6 months assuming you put at right position.

Else, dismantle your car a little and pray can find the eggs/nest.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never eat in the car.

As the rest said, either bait them or live with them.

If you are up to it, get a professional to fumigate the whole car but be prepared to stink with it for a while.

hesperus

Reaction score
thanks... will try with those roach baits and see the results first.. i think engaging a professional to do it seems like too extreme le.. lol..

BiGhaPPyJer

Master Member
Reaction score
It's the hottest and dryest month of all time dude! Easy peasy. Close windows/vents, leave car to bake at some outdoor carpark for 6-8 hours. Tada - roast cockroaches.

leroyegreat

Reaction score
Hi TS. my house behind got some pandan leaves. i went to cut some to place in my car. the effect is very obvious. really no more roaches. however i don't like the pandan smell. had to buy an air freshener to try and cover the smell.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Sure or not? Doesn't work for me leh. Me often outdoor parking from 8am+ till 6pm+ every workday. Still roaches roaming ard in my car. :D

Pandan leaves? Tried also but even till pandan leaves dried up, roaches started to infest the pandan leaves bundle instead! WTH!

I gave up, surrender to roaches. Cos my kids often eats/drinks in my car. What to do? barred them from eating and drinking in car?

zeroex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What to do? barred them from eating and drinking in car?

as a matter of fact, yes.

On another topic of pandan leaves, it doesnt really work for me, have to keep changing the leaves every now and then as it dries up.

Basically, i just use the low-est tech method - spray the entire car interior, plus boot with baygon haha. close door close boot, 1 hr later open up, lots of dead baby cockroach, then vaccuum the entire place. then put cockroach bait the next day when the smell of insecticide is gone, and also NEVER eat in the car ever again. So far, almost never see cockroaches liao.

lattesurf

Master Member
Reaction score
It's the hottest and dryest month of all time dude! Easy peasy. Close windows/vents, leave car to bake at some outdoor carpark for 6-8 hours. Tada - roast cockroaches.

No use ley.. My house carpark is open air, everyday under sun. Plus my car OPC, can for mon-fri all the way under the sun never move. For a period of time kana roaches, still won't die. Then used the roach baits, works best.. don't see them anymore.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try to get antimos from the supermarket. If not put some lemongrass.

foxxkat

Reaction score
i have same roach infestation problem, and pandan leaves doesn't help at all. then the roach problem got worse, their cousin moved in too, the lizard.

the event unfolded unexpectedly.. after just 1 week, the roaches are gone, presumably cannibalized by the lizard. i have to put up with lizard droppings here and there, but not 1 roach is ever seen again. after 2 more weeks, no more lizard dropping. i assume it has migrated to greener pasture.

problem solved, "naturally", for now. till the roaches move in again.

hesperus

Reaction score
ya, I park at open area too.. roaches still alive and active.. these roaches can really tahan toughness... dunno where they can get their water supply.. best of all, even though the car is like a greenhouse effect, i.e., inside temperature is much hotter than outside when parked under the sun, they never get cooked!

HKS_Hippo

Suspended
Reaction score
Vent your exhaust into the car.. seal off any opening. Kill them with carbon monoxide

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Conclusion:

Hot sun or baking doesn't work 100%
Pandan leave doesn't work 100%
Roach bait may work (might try)
Fumigation with baygon (unlikely to try, got baby in car)
Lastly best interesting idea of all, keep some lizards lolz....

chaotamianbao

Reaction score
Conclusion:

Hot sun or baking doesn't work 100%
Pandan leave doesn't work 100%
Roach bait may work (might try)
Fumigation with baygon (unlikely to try, got baby in car)
Lastly best interesting idea of all, keep some lizards lolz....
lizards eat cockroach meh ? not mosquitoes?

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Dun ask me wor, previous post said so. I haven't tried it yet. Duno how my kids and wife feels about having lizards in car? Hmm...

foxxkat

Reaction score
now i didn't say nor suggest to keep lizard. in fact, if you have kids i would say no, bcoz they're another pest.
i didn't invite the lizard in either, it appear by itself and i'm not able to catch & get rid of it. it scurried away into hiding everytime open car door. however things turned out nicely bcoz the roaches are all gone within a week (probably shorter), plus the lizard itself also gone on its own account.

i'm saying if, IF, a lizard appear, and u couldn't catch it, maybe it will solve your roach problem. and i said maybe. who knows this particular lizard that appear in my car could be god-sent :)

the roaches are only 0.5-1cm at most, not the big 2-3inches found in the rubbish chutes. so yes it's possible the lizard had them for breakfast, lunch & dinner.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.