Pet Cremation.

artistick

Reaction score
As title. anyone can offer some direction here?
never done it before.
anyone know of one of this service that offer reasonable rate?
what i check around is btw 280-380 for small dog below 10kg.

And also can i check whats the rate to put the dog to sleep?
heard its $50-$60

please dont advise me to google, i had already done that.
hope to have more personal reference/ recommendations
thanks

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
WHY ARE YOU WANT TO PUT YOUR DOG TO SLEEP! give a reason if not I not going to answer your question

Last edited:

artistick

Reaction score
WHY ARE YOU WANT TO PUT YOUR DOG TO SLEEP! give a reason if not I not going to answer your question

i dont need your answer anymore but i will happily answer u.

this is my 2nd dog. it is a 15/16 year old dog.
if u ever bred one that live this long.
u will understand why would i wana put her to sleep.
she had visited the vet for less than 5times throughout her life.

she had minor skin problems and its not recovering after visiting the vet,
probably due to her age.
1eye major cataract problem another minor, and some other old age probs.

she had problem controlling her motion over the last 2years.
my retire parents had to help me clean them up when im out working.
which she rarely did that when she was younger.

YES we do bring her down on daily basic, and not anymore because of her health and the dust from lift upgrading.

in the last few weeks she had problems lifting herself up.
her legs are too weak to lift herself up, sometimes she manage with a little help from us.
she usually will lie there to eat and pass her motion, sometimes after she will whine for attention. yes, she lie on top of her motion, till someone attended to her, even in the middle of the night.

But finally we decided to keep her alive as long as we can and finally cremate her when she pass away. And we are very glad with our decision unless her health deteriorate.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
from what u say actually is not tht seriously tht need to put her to sleep...
anyway

Tengoku Pet Cremation look more respect to animal

other is
http://www.mobilepetcremation.com.sg
http://www.petscremation.com.sg
http://www.tengoku.com.sg/ <--- just saw this... like jap style doing.. just tht jap is doing a great job

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tengoku Pet Cremation
tengokutruck.jpg

Our Process
The entire process begins from just a phone call. Our crew are on standby 24 hours a day through the year.

Collection
Our crew will arrive at your premise, or the veterinary to collect your pet's remains.

Identification
Pet remains are placed into our Tengoku collection box by our trained crew. This box will be marked and identified so that we would never mix up your pet's remains with others. Your pet will be handled with care and respect that every pet deserves. This is our Tengoku Philosophy.
process_r11_c3.jpg

Cremation
Due to local regulations, our mobile cremation truck will perform cremation at our pet farm. It takes about 3 hours for each full cremation process. You may arrange with our Tengoku crew to witness the cremation of your pet.

technology_r14_c3.jpg

Environmentally Friendly
Tengoku will continue to ensure that our process is environmentally friendly. Smoke and odour are kept within the burning furnace during cremation so that we do not further damage our fragile environment.

Ashes
Your pet's ashes will be returned in our Tengoku box urn the day after its cremation. Single pet cremation ensures that your pet's remains are separate from others. You can be certain that the ashes are that of your pet's.

Ash Scattering Memorial Service
Some pet owners may choose to scatter their pet's ashes into the sea. Tengoku performs a weekly memorial service for pet owners at no extra charges. Tengoku will be pleased to make such arrangements at your request.

xtrname

Reaction score
i dont need your answer anymore but i will happily answer u.

this is my 2nd dog. it is a 15/16 year old dog.
if u ever bred one that live this long.
u will understand why would i wana put her to sleep.
she had visited the vet for less than 5times throughout her life.

she had minor skin problems and its not recovering after visiting the vet,
probably due to her age.
1eye major cataract problem another minor, and some other old age probs.

she had problem controlling her motion over the last 2years.
my retire parents had to help me clean them up when im out working.
which she rarely did that when she was younger.

YES we do bring her down on daily basic, and not anymore because of her health and the dust from lift upgrading.

in the last few weeks she had problems lifting herself up.
her legs are too weak to lift herself up, sometimes she manage with a little help from us.
she usually will lie there to eat and pass her motion, sometimes after she will whine for attention. yes, she lie on top of her motion, till someone attended to her, even in the middle of the night.

But finally we decided to keep her alive as long as we can and finally cremate her when she pass away. And we are very glad with our decision unless her health deteriorate.

Just know that many will not put her to sleep but continue to care for her in spite of the difficulties, till her last breadth.

artistick

Reaction score
Tengoku Pet Cremation charges are 1 of the higher one.
not sure abt their service though.
never tried.

not sure about those who commented had ever been through this ordeal themselves. If u had i respect u for your devotion towards your pet, if u hadn't don't be too sure about it when u are put through this ordeal.

If u ever taken care of old people with senile, i think its more or less the same experience. U try waking up in the middle of night at 2am-4am to clean him/her up and the next day u need to work. And leaving a group of elderly home by themselves.

Both my parents aren't young, they need to bend and squat to clean her mess a few times a day if im aren't home. Their health aren't too good to begin with.
And my mum did get frustrated over it and suggested to me to put her to sleep.
but i guess it was just a moment of frustration, now she changed her mind.

if i had taken care of her for this long, i think i shouldn't be giving it up now.

Last edited:

ramdick

Master Member
Reaction score
So, this is your dog and your parents are helping to take care of it, as you are unable to do so. Now, they are also struggling with the situation.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
moment of frustration/emo can be a big moment of regret..

human can choose to live but sad is tht, pet dont have the right to choose to live.
If there is no option so call "put to sleep with 1 injection" , human wont have such a thinking come out. Zzzzzzz sick

as being a son/daughter , we should take care of our parents in anyway... we cant say i m frustration, tried i want to put my parents to sleep? (if we can choose to put to sleep but there is no option in human for this.)

This go same to the pet.. u feed him, play with him until the end, owner should take care of them no matter what...

when u welcome him to ur home, u should know tht day will come. It a life cycle that being a human will need to face it.

Pet cremation cant be any cheaper.. is around tht range which u mention
it u want cheap, mass cremation is the cheaper to wht i know.... but no ash back and no1 know

Last edited:

artistick

Reaction score
So, this is your dog and your parents are helping to take care of it, as you are unable to do so. Now, they are also struggling with the situation.

in short u got it right.
but more like i bought the dog but slowly she grows to become part of the family.

Last edited:

artistick

Reaction score
moment of frustration/emo can be a big moment of regret..

human can choose to live but sad is tht, pet dont have the right to choose to live.
If there is no option so call "put to sleep with 1 injection" , human wont have such a thinking come out. Zzzzzzz sick

as being a son/daughter , we should take care of our parents in anyway... we cant say i m frustration, tried i want to put my parents to sleep? (if we can choose to put to sleep but there is no option in human for this.)

This go same to the pet.. u feed him, play with him until the end, owner should take care of them no matter what...

when u welcome him to ur home, u should know tht day will come. It a life cycle that being a human will need to face it.

Pet cremation cant be any cheaper.. is around tht range which u mention
it u want cheap, mass cremation is the cheaper to wht i know.... but no ash back and no1 know

I cant deny any of your points.
but in realistic situation , things maybe different and can be quite difficult.
firstly when u staying with your parents and they are the one looking after your pet most of the time. It will not be soley base on your personal opinions anymore.

But anyway thanks for your input and like i mentioned earlier we had already drop the idea of putting her to sleep quite awhile back after discussion.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
for me
right now i m staying with my parent and ya they r the one who taking care as they spent more time @ home more than i do.
and of cos before bring the pet home we must set a agreement that we all will take care together the pet together.....

artistick

Reaction score
for me
right now i m staying with my parent and ya they r the one who taking care as they spent more time @ home more than i do.
and of cos before bring the pet home we must set a agreement that we all will take care together the pet together.....

when i brought her home... i was only in sec 2. now im already 30. :D
maybe kids of my era aren't this thoughtful and smart.

durkheimian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im glad you drop the idea. let me say that i really admired you for making the choice to take care of your dog. **pat your back**

i have a friend whose dog has about similar situation as yours (cataract, pass motion issue, strengthless, etc...). my friend put the dog to sleep and i was told about how regretful she felt as the dog mustered the final bit of strength to hold on to my friend's hand as the needle went in. even i felt quite sad hearing the narration. i was not able to advise her against it in time because by the time my friend called me, she was asking for cremation service advice.

well, you are spared from this, at least.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
excuse is the ans
want or dont want is depend on ownself..

and i m around ur era..........

Last edited:

babyrobo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
really a sad post to be reading.. my girls are 7 this yr alr.. i hope the day of needing this service never comes..

artistick

Reaction score
Like every other day, I come home after work the 1st thing was to look for her after removing my shoes, my parents told me she is sleeping. I nudge her & there was no response,i realize she had already pass away peacefully in her sleep yesterday.
Her body has already harden, i put her in a box and covered in newspapers, drove her down for cremation along w my parents.

I feel very disturbed for the whole night, somehow i feel i didn't care enough for her. During the long night, i realize i wasn't the only one who can't sleep, my mum was walking around in the living room, the pain for her isn't any lesser.

I definitely will feel worse if i had put her to sleep, which im very glad i didn't. I think that was the very last decision i can make for her. MY best fren for a long 16years whom i see almost everyday.

And thanks for those who had pmed me and provide some advices here.
I doubt i will ever keep another dog again.

Last edited:

durkheimian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
節哀順變.
i'm sure its her fortune to have spent time with you and your family.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
At least she got to spend her time wif u and ure family.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.