Red Wing shoe Thread

bacon

Reaction score
try shoebuy.com?
i did a MO from there before. and the the classic 6" cost less than $300.

Thanks for the info. Just checked getting from shoebuy.com would cost me around $390+-.
Anyone knows whats the cost like in Japan or HK? Got sis going Japan & a cousin going HK so thought of getting either of them to buy for me if its cheaper.

cowculator

Master Member
Reaction score
In Japan, the list prices for US-made shoes are astronomical. Unless you happen to be able to find some old stock sold at 30% discount or more, I don't think it is worth the while. I've yet to find them in the shops for below 25,000yen or around SGD370, but maybe I haven't looked hard enough. The question is, you just want to save around $50 and expect your sis, who is on holiday, to waste her time going around searching for them and then having to add to her luggage burden (in both volume and weight) if there really is the model and size you want?

May be alittle cheaper in Hong Kong but I rarely see them.

Are you familiar with their sizing? If not, you should try them out locally before you buy. AFAIK, Suntec is fixed pricing but service is not bad. Peninsula, I think Feder sports sells them, with a little lee-way for bargaining but like most places, models and sizes very limited.

If you are familiar with your sizing, and assuming the company doesn't send you a damaged pair, online is still cheapest and most convenient.

lunarin79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
erm guys, I'm quite keen to get a RW boots though but one noob Q. How to match with a pair of RW shoe huh cos I'm a skinny/slim jeans/plimsol guy :o

not sure if i can pull off anot leh :(

thks

stonedx

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Just checked getting from shoebuy.com would cost me around $390+-.
Anyone knows whats the cost like in Japan or HK? Got sis going Japan & a cousin going HK so thought of getting either of them to buy for me if its cheaper.

they have a 20% discount code flying around. used it and you will save a bundle =)
I did a MO and the classic 6" heritage round cost like $290 bucks (with shipping)
hope this helps!

and i agree with what cowcalulator said. try it at local store. online still the cheapest and shoes are not exactly very light to bring back. =)

RustyNail

Reaction score
mine
jfi78z.jpg

Dj-Jax

Master Member
Reaction score
first pair has a more clean and finished look..
second pair has a more rugged and used look..

in a dilemma now~ heading down to suntec to get one later. shall see which one best suits me then..

had my eyes on the 1907 budden after reading this thread, i got my eyes stuck to the 875 as well!

and after browsing more, i found another nice pair, 8138.

8138.jpg

Last edited:

RustyNail

Reaction score
oh man, tough choice. Both looks equally nice... :S
If die die must choose, i think the 1st once nicer. :)

Btw, any recommendations which design will go nice in a skinny jeans?

in my opinion skinny jeans dont go with boots. you'll just look funny to be honest. :s8:

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in my opinion skinny jeans dont go with boots. you'll just look funny to be honest. :s8:

I get what u mean. :p
Probably then in my levis 501 bah, just that its abit under utilised recently hehe

I see like many ppl like 875 huh?

Btw, is that Hizaki from Versailles in your profile pic? :)

Last edited:

Dj-Jax

Master Member
Reaction score
2906_001.jpg

got this instead, my feet couldnt fit the rest well. T_T. A little flat footed. haha.

any red wing gurus here can share a few pointers on how to break into the boot?

wore it for around 5 hours, the part above my ankle hurts, as well as my toes (due to the bending of the front part of the shoe constantly hitting my toes as i walk).

any methods to reduce the pain as the boot gets broken in?

Last edited:

cowculator

Master Member
Reaction score
wear it for two to three hours max for the first few time. There are methods to hasten it but it is best to take weeks to break into it. Time is your best friend.

stonesix

Reaction score
2906_001.jpg

got this instead, my feet couldnt fit the rest well. T_T. A little flat footed. haha.

any red wing gurus here can share a few pointers on how to break into the boot?

wore it for around 5 hours, the part above my ankle hurts, as well as my toes (due to the bending of the front part of the shoe constantly hitting my toes as i walk).

any methods to reduce the pain as the boot gets broken in?

you don't break in the shoe, it will breaking-in your feet and you have to endure that...just think of one week of suffer for 10 year of comfort...

good luck to you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.