Those who are buying USED blackberry devices from dealers / internet sellers...

timberland

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please check properly before you make payment.

I have many ppl coming to me with their PIN suspended or the previous owner did not de-register their PIN before selling off.

I don't provide service like change imei or pin for Blackberry devices.

Til now i have about many users with sets of Blackberry Curve 8320 / 8800 / 8820 / 8830 / Bold 9000 which PIN is being locked / suspended.

The only way to check is

Go to http://singtel.blackberry.com/ (any telco will do)

Click on "Create Account"

Check the Terms&Condition Box, Click on "I Agree"

Enter the DEVICE PIN and IMEI in the box given....

Then press continue.

If the device is still tied to the previous owner's account, it will show

2010-04-17_180743.jpg

If the device is purchased from overseas or if it's a clone set, it will show

2010-04-17_180822.jpg

timberland

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u see any of these above, pls reject the set cos u are as good as buying a normal phone only for SMSs / CALLs

PIN suspended / Locked, you cannot use BIS (Blackberry Internet Solution)

jpgnfX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And to add, its very illegal to do PIN/IMEI cloning or modifications.

Essentially, as timber bro said, you're stuck with a normal handset.

Apparently, there's been a rise of cloned or stolen handsets with PINs/IMEI blocked, being sold online or in the more shady shops in Singapore.

Please be sure to check if you're buying second hand, its very important.

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So if u got a brand new set from telco how u unlock it so u can sell to others?

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The pin from brand new local sets are not tied to the telco yet.

oh so if we wanan buy from a local dealer or friend a 2ndhand we must ask for the proof of if your set is a local set? plus imei number so u know its the correct set?

jpgnfX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh so if we wanan buy from a local dealer or friend a 2ndhand we must ask for the proof of if your set is a local set? plus imei number so u know its the correct set?

if the person can do PIN/IMEI tampering, to impersonate as local set shouldn't be too daunting for him ;)

just do the above check will verify and make sure everything is okay :)

if its tied to previous telco, ask him to release the pin before selling to you.

Last edited:

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if the person can do PIN/IMEI tampering, to impersonate as local set shouldn't be too daunting for him ;)

just do the above check will verify and make sure everything is okay :)

if its tied to previous telco, ask him to release the pin before selling to you.

how to release it ah?

timberland

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to release it ah?

tell the previous owner to call telco, get the BB technical support, tell them he is selling the phone to u. he have to release the pin from their server. if not u cannot register ur set with ur current telco.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add.. if its a brand new set, it wont be tied unless u pop in ur sim card that has a BIS service to it.

silv3r

Reaction score
Basically...

1) Make sure pin and imei match box
2) Follow timberland's instructions regarding how to check online
3) If it is tied to a local carrier, make sure you get the owner to call the carrier and ask them to release the pin.

takahashi_87

Master Member
Reaction score
does the local BB phones have simlocked? i.e. the sets sold by the telcos can only be used with their SIM card and cant be used with SIM cards from other telcos?

I think this is quite important too when purchasing a used set from a seller as some export sets are simlocked and needs to be unlocked. my question is based purely on local sets only tho

titusilvering

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Export set - Storm2 9550 from Verizon

Hi,

I got my phone from ebay USA. Its unlocked. Able to use in singapore under normal data plan but soon i will get bis.

I want to make sure the phone is good pin to register bis?

I saw the earlier post regarding the check if the phone pin is bad?

Here is what i did....

For verizon, i tried enter the pin and MEID(DEC) to register but was prompted device not registered with provider..

Verizon.jpg

For M1 and also singtel, i tried enter the pin and IMEI to register and was prompted device not registered with network but i can key in user name and set password..

m1.jpg

So my question is... no matter what website we try to register, so long its a blackberry webby for carrier... if the device pin is good, it will prompt as above????

Hope to get some feedback on this issue.

Last edited:

timberland

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I got my phone from ebay USA. Its unlocked. Able to use in singapore under normal data plan but soon i will get bis.

I want to make sure the phone is good pin to register bis?

I saw the earlier post regarding the check if the phone pin is bad?

Here is what i did....

For verizon, i tried enter the pin and MEID(DEC) to register but was prompted device not registered with provider..

Verizon.jpg

For M1 and also singtel, i tried enter the pin and IMEI to register and was prompted device not registered with network but i can key in user name and set password..

m1.jpg

So my question is... no matter what website we try to register, so long its a blackberry webby for carrier... if the device pin is good, it will prompt as above????

Hope to get some feedback on this issue.

Well, if i have personally tested on many bb(s) before, good working pin/imei will lead you to the next step instead of what u encounter. As for the 2nd pic in the M1 BIS site, it's showing that your pin/imei is able to register for BIS.

titusilvering

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how long does it usually take for a PIN to be released?

I accidentally registered the device with starhub and called their helpline, they checked and released the device instantly. so your operator should be able to release quite fast too.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hm, cause i recently bought a second hand set and the owner says that it is released. however after trying the method proposed by timberland, it seems that the device is still not released

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.