Aztech HL110EW - New Firmware Upgrade available for download

Aztech HQ

Reaction score
To all Aztech HL110EW users,

A new firmware has been released to our ftp server today 3rd June 2010. The address link for the download of the new firmware can be located at :

ftp://ftp.aztech.com/support/SINGAPORE/HomePlug/HL110EW FW v 201.4-01_219.2.2-001.zip

FIRMWARE UPGRADE INSTRUCTION

1. Download the latest firmware from the following ftp link

ftp://ftp.aztech.com/support/SINGAPORE/HomePlug/HL110EW FW v 201.4-01_219.2.2-001.zip

2. Firmware will include 3 files

Homeplug AV Configuration filename : 206.2.4-01.pib

Homeplug AV Firmware filename : int6000-v4.01-0-1-B-FINAL.nvm

Wireless Firmware filename : 219.2.2-001.img

3. Save these 3 files into 1 folder to where you can easily locate during the FIRMWARE upgrade

4. Connect the device to the computer where you are using the HomePlug AV Wireless N Extender utility

5. Open HomePlug AV Wireless N Extender utility v4.01.58

clipboard02b.jpg

6. Under Firmware Upgrade tab click "Upgrade" button. You will be prompted to select the location of the latest firmware

7. After you select the location of the latest firmware, the upgrade will immediately start.

8. During Firmware Upgrade DO NOT turn OFF or RESET the device.

9. When process is complete the unit will reboot.

10. Hit the reset button for 3 seconds to reset to factory default settings.

reset.jpg

Fixes

The new firmware resolves the IP address conflict with 192.168.1.1 networks

Aztech HQ

Last edited:

toyknight

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Does this firmware upgrade solve the hissing sound? It is getting too irritating.

yiytan

Reaction score
Hi

When I try to upgrade via the utility, I kept getting "Error: Device not connected".

Can anyone help?

yiytan

Reaction score
When I try to upgrade via the utility, I kept getting "Error: Device not connected".

Can anyone help?

ptey

Reaction score
Is this the newer firmware?

Firmware version 201.2.4-01_219.2.2-002

mydelta

Reaction score
Hi,
i can't connect to wireless but cable is ok.
Can give me any advise what shd I do / check?
Thks

pieski

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone help?

How do you upgrade your homeplug? Are you using the ethernet cable or via wireless.

Connect your homeplug extender to your computer using the ethernet cable. It will not upgrade if you are connected to the homeplug via wireless.

pieski

Reaction score
Hi,
i can't connect to wireless but cable is ok.
Can give me any advise what shd I do / check?
Thks

check if your profile is correct like the SSID, security type and password. Try disabling the wireless security of ur extender and check if u can connect. If u can connect maybe its ur profile settings. enable your wireless security make sure that you have the correct information like the SSID, security type and password.

electrica

Reaction score
To all Aztech HL110EW users,

A new firmware has been released to our ftp server today 3rd June 2010. The address link for the download of the new firmware can be located at :

FIRMWARE UPGRADE INSTRUCTION

1. Download the latest firmware from the following ftp link

2. Firmware will include 3 files

Homeplug AV Configuration filename : 206.2.4-01.pib

Homeplug AV Firmware filename : int6000-v4.01-0-1-B-FINAL.nvm

Wireless Firmware filename : 219.2.2-001.img

3. Save these 3 files into 1 folder to where you can easily locate during the FIRMWARE upgrade

4. Connect the device to the computer where you are using the HomePlug AV Wireless N Extender utility

5. Open HomePlug AV Wireless N Extender utility v4.01.58

6. Under Firmware Upgrade tab click "Upgrade" button. You will be prompted to select the location of the latest firmware

7. After you select the location of the latest firmware, the upgrade will immediately start.

8. During Firmware Upgrade DO NOT turn OFF or RESET the device.

9. When process is complete the unit will reboot.

10. Hit the reset button for 3 seconds to reset to factory default settings.

Fixes

The new firmware resolves the IP address conflict with 192.168.1.1 networks

Aztech HQ

Not sure how many of you actually tried this but it didn't work for me. The ftp link provided leads to an older firmware version v_201.2.4-01_219.2.2-001 and not the newer one v_201.2.4-01_219.2.2-002. Also, in the last step of his instructions, Aztech HQ said to and I quote "10. Hit the reset button for 3 seconds to reset to factory default settings". In the instructions found on the Aztech website, this step is not there. Anyway, I tried both and neither worked. The minute HL110EW is turned on, any pc connected directly to my router goes offline. This is frustrating.

electrica

Reaction score
It seemed like the new firmware didn't solve the ip conflict issue at all, at least for me. I can see that the firmware has been upgraded to 219.2.2-002 but my router is still paralyzed when EW is turned on. I followed chq16290's instruction to change my router ip to 192.168.2.1 and everything worked ok now. However, the wireless boosting function of the EW is hardly noticeable.

infooverflow

Reaction score
I used HL110Ew and HL110E for 3 days and HL110EW is now unusable.
I plug in the cable to HL110EW but the cable light is not on whereas it lights up when i plug into the HL110E. I can't connect via wifi as HL110EW wifi light is not on.
When I use the utility 4.0.1.58 and connect cable directly to HL110EW, it prompted 'Error: Device not connected'.
Emailed support"at"aztech.com and tried calling both local and Malaysia support line - no answer :(((((
Anyone can help?

erwinrobles

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

try this firmware, It works perfectly for me as of now. I downgrade my firmware to 4-01_219.2.2-001

You can find the firmware on their FTP site

I think this is the very first firmware with the HL110EW

Before im encountering very low connection when using the cable to PC. Its stable now. But the problem is, I noticed that the unit now is not going to standby mode after 15mins.

I hope Aztech will release a more stable firmware.

pnlg48

Reaction score
AZTECH HL110EW software utility

Hi, everyone,
I know the HL110EW is such an old device but I've just been given this (without the software utility disk).
Went online to download but faced only a 404 page.
So, I'd appreciate if anyone knows where I can download that from, or if anybody has a copy previously downloaded (before they took it off that page).

Thanks and regards

deathblade82

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.