New toy - Inphic HD media player

ah_low

Reaction score
Think I can organize a MO. But dun think i can provide any warranty. :D But what i can do is to talk to the supplier and do a one for one exchange if got any major problem. I am a very basic user so i didn't test out all the features. Hope u guys understand. But it's good enough as a HDMI player and it serves me very well.

Thanks squirrelgal.

Waiting for the details of MO.

Desmond_

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hey, i actually can get at a cheaper rate of SGD$78 without shipping cost... not sure wether squirrelgal would like me to handle this MO. :)

gascooler

Reaction score
hello TS,

any problems found with the player so far? pretty attractive for its price. may get one to play compared to the more established models ( e.g astone/acryan ). opinions anyone?

squirrelgal

Reaction score
hello TS,

any problems found with the player so far? pretty attractive for its price. may get one to play compared to the more established models ( e.g astone/acryan ). opinions anyone?

Hi,

You may check with Desmond_. :)

Desmond_

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
ya... i also can't find any review but since the price is reasonable i also grab one :o squirrelgal did a mini review on it.... good enough for average user? :o

PinZzz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm im interested to see a detail review. anyone bothers to link me or create one?

Desmond_

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
wait for bro here to get the set then give you the review...

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i9 Brief Review (only for stremers)

Been using pps, pptv, xunlei, kuwo personally on laptop with extended screen to LCDTV, using wireless KB+mouse. Am already very happy and comfortable.

Bought this for my 70+ yo mum, to ctch up with HK/TW serials. ut she fidgets with mouse & Kb. Thought that i9 will be user friendly, but am disappointed. Esp, for those streaming.

However for those who torrenting, or playing from USB drive,the multi-format and HD quality is ok. For me, I would be better off playing it remotely off my laptop/TV.

Cons:

1. Streams are too dated to 1980s, and 2000s are cheapstake western shows. Each time listing doesn't produce new hits..using it for 1 week, still same lists, less than 100 useless movies.
2. Upgrade firmware doesn't change or improve. Using stream search, provide me a single lo-res quality ' Avatar' movie..Listed or search movies usually timeout or does not connect (hangs at 0% buffer)
3. Streams are broken into various 20mins rmvbs sub-streams. Every 20 mins, needs to buffer 20-30 secs for next sub-stream. Connection sometimes timeout
4. Streams do not include current TV broadcasts, China & foreign, like TVU or pps, pptv...
5. Search input using pinyin, strokes & on-screen keypad, not friendly. 'abc' search produces usually nothing, everything China is translated in Chinese.
6. Should have wireless adapter built-in. Personal USB WL dongles shd work, manual setup available, not tested)

Pros: has official warranty card. nice exterior design (but empty shell). Had high expectations.

Comments: Interface still look Chi-Na. Net Radio, HDMI, SD input, SPID output : no big deals, not much diff to RCA.

Tips:
For those multi-tasking on TV PIP, eg, watching cable while searching streams/torrents, switch i9's TV mode to 576p, to enable dual screen or PIP on TV.
watching streams on 1080p & 576 SD mode no diff..see diff in menu & text only.

Question:
Pressing 'Info' button, when checking network & license, produce failed registration or failed license..There is no way to register or sign in xunlei..Does that apply to everyone/anyone?

Anyone can help to break code, or feedbakc to Inphic, to freshen new streaming lists, like on Xunlei site itself?

Otherwise, 2 Units For Sale:1 pc - 1 week old, 1 pc BNIB, $70 & $80 respectively each.

$80, better off getting a good WL KB+M, VGA cable and VGA-RCA-TV convertor (if no LCD TV), or having a 'moonhub' or 'mia' box (also available in SZ), or a cheap 2nd-hand Pentium laptop dedicated for streaming to TV.

Stand by for more cons. Sori, Desmond, if u were into 2nd MO, but let's be honest.
(Poor Mum, have to go back to struggling with mouse and small text again.)

canadasb

Reaction score
I just ordered a i9 media player, i was googleing it and came across this thred.. i just have a qestion, i hope someone can help, im ok with computers but not advanced by any means... heres what my plan is. i hope it works.

• put 1080P videos on to a memory stick
  • plug that memory stick into the i9 media player
  • plug the media player into my tv with a HDMI cord
  • watch a 1080P MKV video with audio??

will that work?

thanks!

kean1978

Reaction score
I just ordered a i9 media player, i was googleing it and came across this thred.. i just have a qestion, i hope someone can help, im ok with computers but not advanced by any means... heres what my plan is. i hope it works.

• put 1080P videos on to a memory stick
  • plug that memory stick into the i9 media player
  • plug the media player into my tv with a HDMI cord
  • watch a 1080P MKV video with audio??

will that work?

thanks!

Of course, this is what this player should do.... =:p

jaiong2000

Reaction score
Experts' help needed:
How to connect and play from HDD on LAN laptop?
Hassle/interruption to plug/unplug hdd from laptop which is BT-ing.
Issit using uPnP server on i9 'Download' Section? or do i use a USB-RJ45 adapter?

Installed a couple of uPnP server s/w on laptop, laptop can detect i9, but not vice versa..Any recommended s/w to install on laptop or i9?

Advice appreciated..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.