CITPM vs PMP

sunzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both are hard to pass...
CITPM - essay exam.
PMP - MCQ questions (Have to answer with an American mindset).

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am CITPM. But I think I will take PMP. My general sense, PMP more reconigize.

n2btg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you think you going to work in big MNCs, suppose PMP is more preferred.

wa1ker

Reaction score
CITPM is local, more focus on IT PM
PMP is international, general PM

Took PMP last yr, passed but not easy... have to memorize quite a bit

banej88

Banned
Reaction score
CITPM is local, more focus on IT PM
PMP is international, general PM

Took PMP last yr, passed but not easy... have to memorize quite a bit

Where did you enroll for the course? Through COMAT or knowledge method? What is the approx cost?

alvinaloy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've seen too many project managers with PMP but never practice it. They gave me blank looks and taichi away whenever I ask them for the project charter, scope, plan, WBS, risk management plans, etc.

Anyway, I'll be taking PRINCE2 soon.

supergmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've seen too many project managers with PMP but never practice it. They gave me blank looks and taichi away whenever I ask them for the project charter, scope, plan, WBS, risk management plans, etc.

Anyway, I'll be taking PRINCE2 soon.

how is prince2 as compare to pmp?

ahbui83

Reaction score
those who passed PMP, any tips to give? im having exam next month man.. stress..

alvinaloy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how is prince2 as compare to pmp?

I'd say that PRINCE2 is not in competition with PMP. Both supplement each other quite well. PRINCE2 is a methodology; or you can call it a process-based approach towards Project Management. However, it does not go deep into the constituents of the processes, and thus, this is where PMBOK comes in; how to do project charter, how to do stakeholder management, how to do risk management, etc.

ipadalready

Reaction score
Personally, I took CITPM course first, passed the exams. Used that to clock hours for PMP. Registered for PMP exams and thereafter passed it. Both are straight forward exams to pass. The hard part is, how do you maintain your certification. Both expires in 5 years.

uwa_cs

Reaction score
I tot PMP is 3 years expiry? I'm going to take mine soon. Any tips? I have CITPM already.

alvinaloy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally, I took CITPM course first, passed the exams. Used that to clock hours for PMP. Registered for PMP exams and thereafter passed it. Both are straight forward exams to pass. The hard part is, how do you maintain your certification. Both expires in 5 years.

PMP is 3 years. Not sure about CITPM since I don't have it. PRINCE2 is 5 years.

PMP is relatively simple. Just obtain 60 PDUs in 3 years and you'll be able to re-cert. Best way is to go for courses that can give PDUs.

For PRINCE2, you'll need to take a re-cert examination every 5 years.

coates

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

is it really straight forward? heard that pmp exams are tricky. how long did you take to prepare for the exam and what reading materials did you use?

babyrobo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it really straight forward? heard that pmp exams are tricky. how long did you take to prepare for the exam and what reading materials did you use?

it is definitely try. you have to choose not only the correct answer but the BEST ans.. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.