American Express Rewards Card

MrsLoh

Reaction score
Interesting way of putting this new card in KF miles perspective...

On the other hand, there are lots of ways to earn the points. Such as 2X more points on the first 3 months and additional 5,000 points when total spend crosses $5,000. It is definitely much faster way to earn KF miles on per dollar spend.

terriblee

Master Member
Reaction score
i feel citi pm currently offers the best conversion rate for KF miles, so probably sticking with it for mileage accrual purpose.

MrsLoh

Reaction score
Actually, if you spend <$2,500 per month on Citi PM to accumulate miles, Amex KFGold is better in terms of miles accrual.

On the other hand, Amex membership rewards never expire. So I am trying to accumulate 200,000rewards points to redeem a pair of biz class tix to Rome...

sebastgt

Reaction score
Amex Select

While one should technically earn more since its $1 = 1 Point, the standard Amex CC does 2 x points per $1.6 spend. Effectively, the standard Amex card does $0.80 per Point lah

For Amex Select Xtraordinary Weekends merchant ,
with Rewards Card, every $1 spend gets 5 points
with Platinum, every $1.6 spend gets 5 points

Rewards card is way better ?

Last edited:

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Amex Select Xtraordinary Weekends merchant ,

Rewards card is way better ?
You forgot there are merchants who can do 10x and if you're reserve / charge, 10 + 10?

malestone7469

Reaction score
has the income requirement for gold charge, platinum and platinum reserve gone up?

No prices remain the same as what you are paying now.
Anyone know more details on the complimentary A|Club Gold Membership?
PanPacific is under A|Club. you sleep enough nights you get upgraded to gold.
I am not completely clear on the 5 times rewards for Xtraordinary weekends? Does it mean you get 5 points for every $1 spent?
Yes, 5 points for every S$1, but if you do your maths right you will see that the Blue Card can beat this card anytime.
Interesting way of putting this new card in KF miles perspective...

On the other hand, there are lots of ways to earn the points. Such as 2X more points on the first 3 months and additional 5,000 points when total spend crosses $5,000. It is definitely much faster way to earn KF miles on per dollar spend.
Not when you remove the fluff, you will see that the points accrual is a bit murky. I have done the calculations already. Not such a good card.
Does the 10x merchants apply for this rewards card? Didn't see any mention on the link?
This card does not give 10x and 10+10x MR points. Period!

terriblee

Master Member
Reaction score
if i'm looking for mileage accruals and my expenditure consists of mainly f&b and occasional purchases and holidays, would the amex platinum or rewards card be a better choice? or should i just stick with citi pm :D

starbugs

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...pay $70 for 5000 miles. Not very attractive.

Besides, the biggest problem with Amex is that so many places don't accept it. When I had the KF Amex, it was quite exasperating and I had to split my spending with a Visa or MC.

sebastgt

Reaction score
Rewards card is worth getting

You forgot there are merchants who can do 10x and if you're reserve / charge, 10 + 10?

"For Amex Select Xtraordinary Weekends merchant ,

Rewards card is way better ?"

OK then,
for your daily needs like groceries at Cold Storage and petrol at SPC ,
the Rewards Card wins hands down, 60% more points than Platinum or the Platinum Reserve.

ccssgm

Reaction score
Rewards cards statements Only Online statement via email
For paper statement Service charge is $2 / month

pomchatchat

Reaction score
Think if can find 5 merchants that you can do "regular" payment with, Rewards can should be a very good deal, coz can chalk up points quite fast.

Think points junkies shd find it goodz...

Reaction score
The rewards look better than KF card, if I can't clock to 50%+50% promotion. I'm now seriously thinking about switching to reward card.

vogriphach

Reaction score
Note that you can't just anyhow choose your 5 "favorite" merchants. There is a list and you can only choose your 5 among the establishments in their list.

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"For Amex Select Xtraordinary Weekends merchant ,

Rewards card is way better ?"

OK then,
for your daily needs like groceries at Cold Storage and petrol at SPC ,
the Rewards Card wins hands down, 60% more points than Platinum or the Platinum Reserve.
Thats the 5x merchants. Each person spends differently. Although my spending can be considered as above average, I seldom spend at the 5x / 10x merchants anyway. So technically, the 2x points for $1.6 spend benefits me more than reawards card at 1x per $1.0.

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just received my rewards card last friday, the card is totally white.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.