Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore

zhiz22

Reaction score
I used Natural Balance.

For variety sake I am using Taste of the Wild.

Bought Nutro Gold but havent tried it yet.

What about can food?

I find Fussie cat canned food the best so far just by the looks of it.

goaheadbingostan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how about Aristo? I understand it has no colouring but some feeders say cats do not like it. Maybe they're used to the sweet colouring. The first time I feed Aristo dried food to the community cats, they do not eat it. It is only after the third or fourth attempt before they start to nibble on it.

zhiz22

Reaction score
how about Aristo? I understand it has no colouring but some feeders say cats do not like it. Maybe they're used to the sweet colouring. The first time I feed Aristo dried food to the community cats, they do not eat it. It is only after the third or fourth attempt before they start to nibble on it.

i think fussie cats canned food is really a lot better and the cost is the same. it actually looks delicious to me and the fishes comes in whole

i dun really trust QH brands of food...

xtrname

Reaction score
Iams Proactive Health Original

Ingredient list
Chicken, Corn Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Grits, Poultry By-Product Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Natural Flavor............

Ingredients go by weight, so the 1st several items are important as they form bulk of the content by weight....

Chicken - Desired with good nutritional protein value. But as it is with normal water content which can form much of the weight. Once dehydrated & processed to form kibbles. Could be very little chicken in reality.

Corn meal - filler with no nutrition protein value to cats. High carbohydrate content which is harmful. Used to artificially boost protein level. Hard to digest and possible allergy causing.

Chicken by-product meal. - Composed of dehydrated left-overs of chicken like claws, beaks, feathers, bones and whatever unfit for consumption. Contributes to analysed protein count. But completely non-nutritional protein.

Corn grits - As corn above

Poulty by product meal - as Chicken by-product meal above. Other fowls.

Note. Bulk of the ingredients is fowl by-products( chicken & poultry) & corn (corn & grits) . Purpose of splitting them up in the list is only to give the impression they don't form the main components. But when added together, the real composition by content is probably all types of corn, all types of fowl by-products, with chicken much further down the list.

Analysis

32% Protein of which much is low quality & non-nutritional.
33% High Carb level which is harmful for a cat
15% fat - somewhat low for a cat & dubious quality

In the wild, your cat would be eating a high protein, high-moisture, meat-based diet, with a moderate level of fat and with only approximately 3-5 percent of her diet consisting of carbohydrates.

Last edited:

cookiesNcream

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
damn been usin purina..
r this two brands :Natural Balance n taste of wild recommanded?

Jurlique

Master Member
Reaction score
i feed natural balance and solid gold every alternate 3-4mths..when my cat's food finish..

and i also feed fussie cat's premium cat food.. reasonable price yet good. teager loves it.

xtrname

Reaction score
contaminated.jpg

INGRedients.jpg

What is in "popular" pet foods today?

It’s a question many of us don’t think about. We see nice pictures of whole grains, prime cuts of meat and human grade vegetables on our pets food bag and assume there is some chef in a pet food kitchen cooking up the best food for our beloved pets.

Unfortunately this is far from the truth, More than 95% of pets derive their nutritional needs from a single source, processed pet foods. When people think of pet food many envision whole chicken meat, choice cuts of beef, fresh grains and all the nutrition that their dog or cat would ever need, images that pet food manufacturers promote in their advertisements and print on their food bags. What these companies do not reveal is that instead of wholesome chicken meat, they have substituted chicken heads, feet, feathers and intestines. Those choice cuts of beef are really cow brains, tongues, esophagi, fetal tissue dangerously high in hormones and even diseased and cancerous meat. Those whole grains have had the starch removed for corn starch powder and the oil extracted for corn oil or they are just hulls and other remnants from the milling process. Grains used that are truly whole have usually been deemed unfit for human consumption because of mold, contaminants, poor quality or poor handling practices, which is obvious by the fact that most pet food recalls are the result of toxic grain products such as Corn or Wheat.............

http://www.acreaturecomfort.com/truthaboutpetfood.htm

Last edited:

xtrname

Reaction score

Always avoid food with coloring. they are just additional chemicals.

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The other thing to consider is the raw food diet which after much researching from me, rather difficult to achieve here.

May start another thread on this. Was looking for food grinders and then now Braun has one selling here that is 1000W but I dunno if it can grind bone.

The other thing is the rule of thumb of "feathers and long ears".

Chicken is easily available but the hearts and livers are dumped together. You want them separated because you don't want your cat to OD on the liver. Liver will OD your cat from vitamin A.

As for long ears, it is hard to find rabbit meat here. Unless the pet breeders decide to farm the rabbits they are selling for pet food, you won't see rabbit meat easily.

eflash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been changing my cat food here and there. Now my cat currently feeding purina pro plan. He seems to like the food.
Sanabelle it used to take then my neighbour said not good, high sodium content.
Science diet my cat also tried, but puking frequently occured, so changed as well.
Nutragold also tried, used to like but for a short while.
Iams as well, for a short while it like, after that he got bored of the flavor i think.
Natural Balance normally I bought the canned food occasionally for my cat, he likes it moderately.
Haha, the Fish for cats brand, even though is expensive, i bought for my cat to try too and he totally dislike the food. He eat one mouth and that's it. Had to return the whole packet.

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why dun you change back & forth between a few better brands which they at least eat for a while.

But..... i know now to avoid iams and purina and such....that link which shows the cruel animal experiments.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cat was on iams in petshop.
feeding wellness kittens dry since i got my cat - find it exp.
weekends on sumocat can food.

royal canin no good?

anyone knows whether wellness comes in BIG BIG bags? instead of those 2-5lb packs?

Last edited:

eflash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got a pack of taste of the wild for my cat. Saw it going at 35% disc. :D my cat ate it without rejection, although when my dad make some loud noise then it frighten the cat until he spit 2 biscuits out...

The cat food without disc a bit expensive wor~

applefreak

Reaction score
cat was on iams in petshop.
feeding wellness kittens dry since i got my cat - find it exp.
weekends on sumocat can food.

royal canin no good?

anyone knows whether wellness comes in BIG BIG bags? instead of those 2-5lb packs?
i get the 12lb pack of Salmon, Salmon Meal & Deboned Turkey Recipe for my cats
think Core doesn't ocme in big pack though...

boycotting orijen and acana coz of the australia incident
where cats died due to orijen's 'oversight'...:s27:

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i get the 12lb pack of Salmon, Salmon Meal & Deboned Turkey Recipe for my cats
think Core doesn't ocme in big pack though...

boycotting orijen and acana coz of the australia incident
where cats died due to orijen's 'oversight'...:s27:

I checked up on that. Looks like a one time incident for Ozzie. But better be careful anyway if you live there:(.

Ozzie customs went to over-radiate:s31: the imported food which created the problems. Not due to producer themselves. It was ok elsewhere.

applefreak

Reaction score
I checked up on that. Looks like a one time incident for Ozzie. But better be careful anyway if you live there:(.

Ozzie customs went to over-radiate:s31: the imported food which created the problems. Not due to producer themselves. It was ok elsewhere.
i don't live there but i find that orijen has been very irresponsible in the incident
ALL pet foods go through this process call irradiation which destroys certain vital nutrients
champion (manufacturer of both orijen and acana) knew but did not do anything
this is why the cats died...

xtrname

Reaction score
Wellness is their normal range. Core is only 1 flavor.

Wellness Core - 0.9kg, 2.2kg, 5.4kg

Taste of the wild (Rocky Mountain) - 2.2kg, 6.8kg.

Solid gold indigo moon - 1.8kg, 6.8kg

All available at both The waterdish & PolyPolypet

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.