Feedback on PMP course centre

Leeson

Reaction score
dun really understand, what sort of guarantee you want? there's no way you can confirm pass an exam if you don't study for it...

btw, what is it about the 2 centres that caught your attention? care to share?

typically, most training centres gives 3 days of project management training and 2 days of exam preparations (total 5 days)

PMTI looks really weird to me for the following reasons:

1. It's a franchise outfit , the money back guarantee if you go through the website only applies to US & Canada, no T&C* mentioned for Singapore?

2. Even if they follow the money-back guarantee T&C of their other countries - It is impossible to book an exam on the 5th day in Singapore or even within 14 days of the course. There's only 2 exam providers in Singapore, Informatics (where there's a 1-2 months queue) and COMAT Training which only conducts exams for its own students

3. Even though its a so called 4 days program, its from 8AM to 6.30PM which is like 5 days cram into 4 days basically so there's no unique selling point (unless you think trying to cram more learning per day is good)

the way this PMTI is running shows clearly that whoever is the Manager is not in touch at all with the PMP market in Singapore...

famasutika

Reaction score
the CITREP funding processing will take a while.. so u guys better watch out... :-(

Leeson

Reaction score
CITREP refund is about 4-6 weeks, usually within a month if there's no discrepancies that needs to be verified...

seawyk

Reaction score
yes.. the CITREP reimbursement has been pretty prompt so far provided all the documentation is in order.

The govt folks have KPIs these days to measure their efficiency, so no reason for them to drag any payments

liza.g

Reaction score
I know off Comat, New Horizon and Informatics..but PMTI? who are they? How long have they been conducting the PMP course here? My friends have recommended me Informatics..but have to find out more about them..I heard their trainer is very good.

Leeson

Reaction score
If you check with the training centre, the better ones should have previews conducted by the trainers whereby you have access to the trainers and talk to them directly, attend these and choose the one that you are most comfortable with.

ahbui83

Reaction score
I took up PMP with combat.. the trainer name is Lavanya. Shes pretty good and quite experience. Shes one of the board of Singapore PMI if i not wrong.. A lot of tips are given too.. Will recommend her..

Im thinking to organise a PMP study group. Anyone interested/ My exam is on next month.. Need to buck up man..

supergmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I took up PMP with combat.. the trainer name is Lavanya. Shes pretty good and quite experience. Shes one of the board of Singapore PMI if i not wrong.. A lot of tips are given too.. Will recommend her..

Im thinking to organise a PMP study group. Anyone interested/ My exam is on next month.. Need to buck up man..

is her tips base on exam or otherwise?

Leeson

Reaction score

err, its COMAT, not combat, don't teach warfare leh :s31:

lefei8

Reaction score
I am thinking of doing my PMP in Jan 2011 and was wondering any folks here have experience with ESI?

And it seems the the Enhanced Citrep Program (according to the IDA website) will only run till 31 Mar 2011.

AgoothiLee

Reaction score
Lotsa training centres doing PMP these days. Quite a few conduct course previews where you can meet the trainer and gauge them. It will be best to attend some of these and make your own decisions.
I know this trainer, I went for his PMP prep class last year in June and he was with this IT training company called Global Knowledge, the price I paid was around $3k and a 5 day-course.my class was not that big, around 7 people only.
he is pretty good and expeireneced in PMP training I guess, because the study materials organized by him quite compact and give u a quick summary of knowledge, the class also quite interesting and I dont remember any boring moment (at first I was thinking sigh...another boring class..), also he put in the effort to motivate participants too.

FYI i just passed my PMP :)
study hard dudes!

AgoothiLee

Reaction score
PMP trainer charles lim

Hi,
Anyone heard of a PMP instructor call Charles Lim from Project Pro? Any feedback? Thanks!!

I know this trainer, I went for his PMP prep class last year in June and he was with this IT training company called Global Knowledge, the price I paid was around $3k and a 5 day-course.my class was not that big, around 7 people only.
he is pretty good and expeireneced in PMP training I guess, because the study materials organized by him quite compact and give u a quick summary of knowledge, the class also quite interesting and I dont remember any boring moment (at first I was thinking sigh...another boring class..), also he put in the effort to motivate participants too.

FYI i just passed my PMP
study hard dudes!

frequency36

Reaction score
Hi, i am interested in taking up a PMP course, but i haven't decide which training center to go for the course. Can anyone please recommand base on your past experenice and also please comment on the following training center:

1) ikompass
2) ntuc

Thanks
John Lim

Leeson

Reaction score
Hi, i am interested in taking up a PMP course, but i haven't decide which training center to go for the course. Can anyone please recommand base on your past experenice and also please comment on the following training center:

1) ikompass
2) ntuc

Thanks
John Lim

:s31::s31::s13::s13:

lunalite

Reaction score
has anyone been taught by a PMP trainer named Michael Lum? How are his lessons like?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.