[Review] NoiseBlocker Fans! XL2/PL2/M12-P

maxsony

Reaction score
suggest ts also can make a few video of the fan running low rpm, med rpm and high rpm to allow everyone to have an idea how noisy or even silent of the fans is?

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally I think TS has done a very good review and I don't see a need to make a video for comparison of the fans. NoiseBlocker is a brand that does not need an introduction. The moment you see it, you will know it's good and it will blow away the competition.

tErOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, few days of sleepless night to get this out. Thanks :)

Yea, i would say the translucent blades looks pretty nice when it is spinning.

Haha, pricing not out yet. But when pricing is out will update u all :D:D

Which fan u planning to change again??

hehe..the strongest one..tho nt as strong as the excalibur..bt its quieter..<20dba..should be much better..i can hear the excalibur spinning as im reading the forum..

sharkapl

Master Member
Reaction score
to me truely noisy = u play game/ listen to music still can hear the fan noise

junialum

Master Member
Reaction score
Awesome review. I may be looking to replace the intake fan at the CM690 hard drive area.

But I not sure le, if you remove the fan u release that a huge part of the area is actually blocked by metal meaning not much air actually gets blown to the hard drive.

Basically its like that:
[Hard Drives]<<<[Front of inner casing with like only 6 rectangles to allow air through]<<<[Fan]<<<[Outer casing (mesh)]

I also realise that WD drives run at least 2-3 degrees higher than Seagate and Samsung. I have 3 hard drives so I thought of getting a good silent fan with good static pressure to overcome the stupid obstacle as mentioned above..

Kzhan00b

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just a question...

for heatsink fans... high static pressure or high cfm better? :x cause i remembered someone saying high static is better for heatsink fans... not from this forums

hishouken

Reaction score
Awesome review. I may be looking to replace the intake fan at the CM690 hard drive area.

But I not sure le, if you remove the fan u release that a huge part of the area is actually blocked by metal meaning not much air actually gets blown to the hard drive.

Basically its like that:
[Hard Drives]<<<[Front of inner casing with like only 6 rectangles to allow air through]<<<[Fan]<<<[Outer casing (mesh)]

I also realise that WD drives run at least 2-3 degrees higher than Seagate and Samsung. I have 3 hard drives so I thought of getting a good silent fan with good static pressure to overcome the stupid obstacle as mentioned above..

Same here, I would like to replace my front intake fan that supposingly blows cool air into the hdd area. In this case, which NoiseBlocker fan to take?

persentio

Master Member
Reaction score
Kzhan00b said:
just a question...

for heatsink fans... high static pressure or high cfm better? :x cause i remembered someone saying high static is better for heatsink fans... not from this forums

Static pressure.

Noctua has some documentation regarding their 120mm fans. The S12B has higher CFM and better noise to airflow performance than the P12; however for heatsinks they recommend the P12 over the S12 because it has a higher static pressure.

repel89

Banned
Reaction score
suggest ts also can make a few video of the fan running low rpm, med rpm and high rpm to allow everyone to have an idea how noisy or even silent of the fans is?

Actually i thought of doing this, but the sounds at the max RPM sounded the same, since its a few decibels in difference. So the difference is not much. Basically if u can stand Noctua's Full speed at 1300RPM, the Noiseblocker fans shouldnt be much of an issue.:D:D

hehe..the strongest one..tho nt as strong as the excalibur..bt its quieter..<20dba..should be much better..i can hear the excalibur spinning as im reading the forum..

Haha, thats y u need a fan controller!! Helps in regulating the noise and performance

Same here, I would like to replace my front intake fan that supposingly blows cool air into the hdd area. In this case, which NoiseBlocker fan to take?

For those intending to replace the fans in their intake area, might want to wait for the 140mm NoiseBlocker Fans. Which I think is coming very soon.

Otherwise if u are looking for 120mm fan. PL2 for performance and least noise, XL2 will be able to perform well also, but just that its tad noisier. :)

repel89

Banned
Reaction score
Yea, both the PL2 sound is comparable to the Noctua NF-P12 in the video.

And i think the M12-P also sounds much quieter then the Excalibur and S/G Flex in the other videos at full load. Haha :D:D

eventidephoenix

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i've been using the multiframe one for a year now, finally they brought it in :D

They are really silent and does compete well with noctua!

I took out the four rubber corners to reduce the weight... some mounting mechanism like TRUE's new fan "clips" can accomodate such stuff :)

tErOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, both the PL2 sound is comparable to the Noctua NF-P12 in the video.

And i think the M12-P also sounds much quieter then the Excalibur and S/G Flex in the other videos at full load. Haha :D:D

uurgh!!
poisoned!

repel89

Banned
Reaction score
i've been using the multiframe one for a year now, finally they brought it in :D

They are really silent and does compete well with noctua!

I took out the four rubber corners to reduce the weight... some mounting mechanism like TRUE's new fan "clips" can accomodate such stuff :)

Is it? I didnt know about the new mounting mechanism. Thanks for the information!! Yea, its pretty silent at Full RPM also.

uurgh!!
poisoned!

Hoot! Hoot! :D:D

All wires sleeved. Very nice. Does it come with red blades?

Yea, nowadays most fans come with nicely sleeved cables, thats a nice thing to know. From the website, couldnt find any fans with red blades. Think the XL series is blue, while the PL/S series are black blades.

eurofunk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nice, i got my first noiseblocker fans like 5yrs ago i think...during their S1, S2 series time.....if only have red blades to match ill definitel wanna try noiseblocker fans again. but for now its enermax cos of the RED :D

eventidephoenix

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
oh the anti dust really does work btw :D the amount of dust on the surface left after a year of not cleaning is really negligible...

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
Good job on the review bro. Its a pity Noiseblocker took so long to enter the Singapore market. But being late is better than never :)

The warranty and pricing point would blow away most competitors imo :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.