Seriously. anyone entered uni from a local poly? can post results?

Patrick the HW Guy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What if all my acadamic results through out all the 3yrs got nothing less than an A?

That means, AD or A only + a good SAT score. But no merit...

Do you think got chance or not?

Character edu excluded lar... Nothing less than C can already.

floppy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Patrick the HW Guy said:
What if all my acadamic results through out all the 3yrs got nothing less than an A?

CE has to be included.

The criteria for a Diploma with Merit is under reccomendation of lecturers and how many modular credits you've accumulated throughout the years you're in poly.

Naru

Reaction score
floppy said:

CE has to be included.

The criteria for a Diploma with Merit is under reccomendation of lecturers and how many modular credits you've accumulated throughout the years you're in poly.

:)

SuperOrange

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Patrick the HW Guy said:

doens't necessary means u got COM u are confirm to grant a place in uni. Getting COM increases ur chance not guarantee.

Some non COM holder i know get only A or B thoughout their poly yrs still manage to local uni

floppy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SuperOrange said:

doens't necessary means u got COM u are confirm to grant a place in uni. Getting COM increases ur chance not guarantee.

Some non COM holder i know get only A or B thoughout their poly yrs still manage to local uni

your testimonial plays a big part too, your community involvment, your cca...

Naru

Reaction score
If a person got no community involvment, cca..But have relatively good result (top 10% )but a normal SAT test result, what is that person chance

floppy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Naru said:
If a person got no community involvment, cca..But have relatively good result (top 10% )but a normal SAT test result, what is that person chance

than his testimonial would be very blank?

high chance lor. but compared to a person with his ability or maybe a bit lower with cca and community involvement maybe he stands a lesser chance..

Naru

Reaction score
floppy said:

than his testimonial would be very blank?

high chance lor. but compared to a person with his ability or maybe a bit lower with cca and community involvement maybe he stands a lesser chance..

yup..testimonial quite blank...
:)

fricky

Reaction score
kookiboy said:
O level so so ... L1r5 around 15 or 16 (can't remember)
merit for diploma in biz. informatics from NYP
dist for CCA
1410 for SAT I

lucky lucky can make it ... ;)

which local university and what course did u get into?

yaoxing

Master Member
Reaction score
Davion_Halcyon said:

Well from NUS/NTU they say that Poly graduates and JC A lvl students are taken into accout differently.

I personally think that they are biased against Poly graduates.

but how on earth can you use an IT diploma to enter into a Physics Course in NUS ........ SO NO SUCH THING.

Thats where you get a rigid Education system => Unline in the UK.

Eh.... a friend of mine was from Biotech diploma. She entered NUS Physics leh.

yaoxing

Master Member
Reaction score
SuperOrange said:

r u affirmative?? 100% confirm ?? dat's unbelievable

Duh, she's my friend, also my good friend's wife, and she knew us in NUS physics. :laugh: How to unconfirm???

Triste

Master Member
Reaction score
In biz ad nus now, graded under the old system with a diploma in Biz ad from TP.

it's not too tough to enter the local unis, but naturally bear in mind the performance of the current A level batch PLUS your own competitors from the various polys and of course..your own results.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.