Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On another note, it is very difficult to feed strays affordably. So I would say, given the evils involved with Fussie Cat and their ilk, there might not be a choice to keep the strays fed.

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wat wet can foods recommended for stray cats? Got Aristo cat, Fussie cat, Sumo cat.. etc

I used to feed my area Aristo cat wet can food. Buy recently the cats don seem to like it so currently i switched to Fussie cat wet can food.

I try not to feed strays with anything with fish since it will lead to dreaded UT problems.

I know Bistro Cat and Burp Premium have one that is purely chicken. You can get those.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I try not to feed strays with anything with fish since it will lead to dreaded UT problems.

I know Bistro Cat and Burp Premium have one that is purely chicken. You can get those.
I just checked.. all small can size onli.

Defenitely cost is a veri big factor..:(

xtrname

Reaction score
Bought some Solid Gold Indigo Moon to try on my cats. Most them seem to like it. Strange thing is they look & smell the same as Taste of the Wild. Almost like some kind of OEM product. However, Solid Gold has higher protein levels.

largest bag of Solid Gold Indigo Moon 6.8kg is around $60. That works out to $8.82/kg.

Cheapo, killer brands like Friskies, Whiskas works out to almost $6/kg bought from NTUC.

No doubt im comparing a large discounted bag versus small bags from NTUC. But the point is you can provide very much superior quality dry food at only slightly higher cost if you plan for the long term. Most people feeding Friskies, Whiskas and such usually just buy small bags after bags.

Compared to other costly killer foods like Iams & royal canin it is definitely time to make a change.

Last edited:

zhiz22

Reaction score
my cat gets bored of the same dry food after a while. i was using natural balance then taste of the wild and then nutragold. she jsut prefer the newer brand everytime.

janiciatan

Reaction score
I just switched over from Science Diet to SolidGold Indigo Moon a few months back, and I can safely say I'm not going back to SciDiet! But it's quite difficult to buy Solid Gold Indigo Moon in sg.. Ordering online would be the safest bet

azza_harry

Reaction score
how is pronature? PLC quite pro on it, as they start to retreat on fish for cats

So far so good, my gerls love it more than the wellness core.. Smells better, tastier i would say.. Their appetite for Pronature is better compared to the Wellness core.. I do notice that they are more active now.. They are only on their 2nd bag so i can't say for sure.. I'm still looking around for its reviews though..

zhiz22

Reaction score
ok thanks for the response. my cat seems to love food from sample packets more cos its a brand new taste each time.

now trying solid gold but once i make it her staple, she tend not to finish all her food....she seems to like addiction as well as royal canin sample packs too.

azza_harry

Reaction score
ok thanks for the response. my cat seems to love food from sample packets more cos its a brand new taste each time.

now trying solid gold but once i make it her staple, she tend not to finish all her food....she seems to like addiction as well as royal canin sample packs too.

No problem..
As per usual, fussy ****ies.. LOL..
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't RC is quite high in sodium content.. I used to feed them RC for kittens.. Decided to stop & find a healthier option..
Have you tried Wellness Core sample packs?

zhiz22

Reaction score
No problem..
As per usual, fussy ****ies.. LOL..
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't RC is quite high in sodium content.. I used to feed them RC for kittens.. Decided to stop & find a healthier option..
Have you tried Wellness Core sample packs?

just the sample pack from the cat show.

used to feed natural balance, then nutrogold and then taste of the wild. she doesnt wanna eat taste of the wild now. now her staple is solid gold and she better eat them all!!

havent got wellness sample yet to try though.

but then again i think my cat will just eat any new sample packs!

Tsystem

Reaction score
Greetings Everyone,

Just got a kitten not too long ago, its been 3months now, Tiger's (non-standard munchkin) 6months old.

I've been feeding him Solid Gold - Indigo moon + Royal Canin Indoor, as recommended by the breeder. Tiger doesnt have any problems finishing every bowl.

But I was recently in KL and I visited a pet store in Megamall Midvalley and the didn't have Solid Gold range of Cat food. Neither did they have Royal Canin - Indoor.

They did however, have Orijen and Royal Canin - Fit32 in 7kg packs. Interms of cost savings, man, its about 40% cheaper than most pet stores in SGP.

Question is, being a typical Kiasu and a little ignorant (interms of Cat nutrition), I'm afraid Tiger might not be receiving the same amount of nutrition as the Indigomoon+RoyalCaninIndoor combi. Do I need to Mix Orijen with Royal Canin- Fit32, or would Orijen itself be sufficient to cover a 6mth old kitten's nutritional requirements?

I would like to stick to Orijen since its has been recommened in this thread and I can save $$$ everytime I get it from Malaysia.

Last edited:

DarthRevan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my cats don't like SolidGold Indigo Moon..they always vomit after eating..Orijen doesn't seem to be tasty to them and they don't really like..they prefer Taste Of The Wild

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Greetings Everyone,

Just got a kitten not too long ago, its been 3months now, Tiger's (non-standard munchkin) 6months old.

I've been feeding him Solid Gold - Indigo moon + Royal Canin Indoor, as recommended by the breeder. Tiger doesnt have any problems finishing every bowl.

But I was recently in KL and I visited a pet store in Megamall Midvalley and the didn't have Solid Gold range of Cat food. Neither did they have Royal Canin - Indoor.

They did however, have Orijen and Royal Canin - Fit32 in 7kg packs. Interms of cost savings, man, its about 40% cheaper than most pet stores in SGP.

Question is, being a typical Kiasu and a little ignorant (interms of Cat nutrition), I'm afraid Tiger might not be receiving the same amount of nutrition as the Indigomoon+RoyalCaninIndoor combi. Do I need to Mix Orijen with Royal Canin- Fit32, or would Orijen itself be sufficient to cover a 6mth old kitten's nutritional requirements?

I would like to stick to Orijen since its has been recommened in this thread and I can save $$$ everytime I get it from Malaysia.
how to go to that place? i'm interested also, since i feed my cat orijen

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Once my current dry food finishes, i will buy the small pack of Solid Gold indigo Moon for the cats. If they seem to like it, then i will buy the big pack.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.