Singnet Fibre Optic Broadband Speed Discussion

Jamesykl

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi James, as requested. Busy with work lately, this time uses another PC to try with 1.5m cable direct to giga port.

San Jose is real pain to past through highest speed as below

Just out of curiosity, how do you run the cable to your pc? You ask Singnet engineer to do it or all by yourself?

yodajedi01

Reaction score
I'm not sure why i'm not getting my high speed.
i'm getting less than 100Mbp in SG.

I'll test again tonight.
if not will call up singnet again for an answers ....:s16:

Jamesykl

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why i'm not getting my high speed.
i'm getting less than 100Mbp in SG.

I'll test again tonight.
if not will call up singnet again for an answers ....:s16:

Wireless connection will definitely be slower than cabled connection. Check whether your configuration.

yodajedi01

Reaction score
Wireless connection will definitely be slower than cabled connection. Check whether your configuration.

yes, but even on direct connection?!!!!
I'm surprise.

now beside the speed issue,
i need to figure out how to reconfig my Synology NAS to for a DDNS storage.
(not sure if it that ppoe need to be set)

Last edited:

AC2

Reaction score
it could be your gigabit network adapter also. I was using the build-in gigabit adapter from gigabyte motherboard and i only manage to get 33-60 Mb/s download 89-95Mb/s upload on the singnet utilities website. However, I can reach 93-98 Mb/s download 113 Mb/s upload on Speedtest.net website.

Then I went to install a TP-link gigabit adapter on the PCI slot on the motherboard and I am able to get 135 Mb/s download and 98 Mb/s upload on speedtest.net(sg server)

I remember the singtel guy's laptop can hit 198 Mb/s download 94 Mb/s upload on my fibre. But I cant get that on my System... Not sure what went wrong

-Cable used is Cat 6 btw
Tried a few times back to back. result is the same.

Last edited:

yodajedi01

Reaction score
it could be your gigabit network adapter also. I was using the build-in gigabit adapter from gigabyte motherboard and i only manage to get 33-60 Mb/s download 89-95Mb/s upload on the singnet utilities website. However, I can reach 93-98 Mb/s download 113 Mb/s upload on Speedtest.net website.

Then I went to install a TP-link gigabit adapter on the PCI slot on the motherboard and I am able to get 135 Mb/s download and 98 Mb/s upload on speedtest.net(sg server)

I remember the singtel guy's laptop can hit 198 Mb/s download 94 Mb/s upload on my fibre. But I can get that on my System... Not sure what went wrong

-Cable used is Cat 6 btw
Tried a few times back to back. result is the same.

Lol
weird, my test both singnet utilities & Speedtest gave me almost the same result
Really less than 50+++
both macmini and my Asus eeePC 100HA. Both have Gigabit lan port.
Both lan and wireless.

Best is use Cat6 but on a normal Cat5 cable, i don't think it's that REALLY BAD

AC2

Reaction score
could it be because or proxy issue? I am not using any. Does it help to increase speedtest.net connection speed? Maybe the engineer's laptop are using proxy that why so high?

Jamesykl

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes all work was done by Singtel cable & trunking no extra charge.

Just had my Singnet fibre optic connection hooked up. Trunking to study room done by cabling guy accompanied with group of Singnet engineers armed with laptop to do speedtest. Here's my speedtest:

yodajedi01

Reaction score
I thnk i Know what is wrong with my speed being slow.
Possible reason is my ONT & RG is in my Hall.
More of my Gargets are in my room.
So the best way to go about it is useing HomePlug HL280E.
test for the speed, i believe it could be due to Old wiring.

Oo well maybe some other time, I may ask them to place another Point in my room

Jamesykl

Master Member
Reaction score
I thnk i Know what is wrong with my speed being slow.
Possible reason is my ONT & RG is in my Hall.
More of my Gargets are in my room.
So the best way to go about it is useing HomePlug HL280E.
test for the speed, i believe it could be due to Old wiring.

Oo well maybe some other time, I may ask them to place another Point in my room

You need to use Cat6 or Cat5e wiring from the 2Wire to your pc to achieve the fibre speed. If you are running wireless, you can only achieve a maximum of 70 Mbps. The Singnet engineer do trunking to your room free of charge. If you do on your own, buy a Cat6 cable (best) that can run from the 2Wire to your room but its going to be expensive. A Cat5e is equally good.

coolstardy

Reaction score
Will the speed drop when mio tv is played? Btw r we supposed to be getting any free 2 mths trial thingy? I just signed up for the exstream
Homesports

yodajedi01

Reaction score
Will the speed drop when mio tv is played? Btw r we supposed to be getting any free 2 mths trial thingy? I just signed up for the exstream
Homesports
If you sign up during the roadshow @ PS.
you get 2 months FREE not 2 mths trial.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.