Singnet Fibre Optic Broadband Speed Discussion

Arucard

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You need to use Cat6 or Cat5e wiring from the 2Wire to your pc to achieve the fibre speed. If you are running wireless, you can only achieve a maximum of 70 Mbps. The Singnet engineer do trunking to your room free of charge. If you do on your own, buy a Cat6 cable (best) that can run from the 2Wire to your room but its going to be expensive. A Cat5e is equally good.

Then singnet engineer using cat5e cable right? btw Jamesykl , can try to bit torrent see how the 2 wire router can handle? thanks!

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What speed is considered good? Is this good? I think it depends on the user uploading to my pc.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

well, max I could achieve on my 10Mbps Singnet is 1.27MBps constant.

1.1MBps is respectable at any rate, but considering the above and the fact that 25Mbps international should theoretically net you around 3MBps makes it seem disappointing.

In other news, got mine installed today during lunchtime. Will go back and test mine once I reach home after work. Preliminary results seem short of what others seem to be getting (120/80Mbps speedtest for 200Mbps plan) , but maybe it's my config.

Arucard

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
well, max I could achieve on my 10Mbps Singnet is 1.27MBps constant.

1.1MBps is respectable at any rate, but considering the above and the fact that 25Mbps international should theoretically net you around 3MBps makes it seem disappointing.

In other news, got mine installed today during lunchtime. Will go back and test mine once I reach home after work. Preliminary results seem short of what others seem to be getting (120/80Mbps speedtest for 200Mbps plan) , but maybe it's my config.

Same here my singnet 10mbps can reach the kind of speed you mention , I just want to see how the 2wire can handle the torrent speed.

syc77

Reaction score
Those trying on torrent, did u guys open a port for it?As Qubicfactor said, I can also hit 1mb on my 10mb plan.

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Atlast

988334065.png
988335759.png
988336429.png

988337045.png
988337597.png
988338440.png

988341036.png

Arucard

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
When you guys start torrenting the router will slow down surfing experience? my dir655 dont have such problem

Jamesykl

Master Member
Reaction score
I noticed that if you do a traceroute in dos mode, you won't be able to see the hops. After the first hop, the second hop onwards will give you ****** response. Which means that singnet may mask the servers for security reasons. Furthermore, speedtest will give unstable ping to overseas servers in US.

Last edited:

pIsangpIsang

Reaction score
I noticed that if you do a traceroute in dos mode, you won't be able to see the hops. After the first hop, the second hop onwards will give you ****** response. Which means that singnet may mask the servers for security reasons. Furthermore, speedtest will give unstable ping to overseas servers in US.

nah the 1st 2 hops are op co internal router, they mask icmp. so u wont see any response from them.
this is bassically to hide the ip address of the router, u know there's a hop there but not the ip address. in other words hiding them from reconnaissance

Last edited:

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
When you guys start torrenting the router will slow down surfing experience? my dir655 dont have such problem

Will not slow down but 2Wire died after 3hrs. Have to restart the RG. :s27:

Arucard

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Will not slow down but 2Wire died after 3hrs. Have to restart the RG. :s27:

wah lau :s13: , the Global Maximum connection you set to how many? I set 400 for my 655 , maybe too many connection the 2wire cannot tahan.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.