988337045.png
988337597.png
988338440.png

988341036.png

Thanks for speedtest

hOp3SoT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, just a question does setting ur pc to "Allow all applications (DMZplus mode)" allows ya to get a better speed for d/ling? using miobox too.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, just a question does setting ur pc to "Allow all applications (DMZplus mode)" allows ya to get a better speed for d/ling? using miobox too.

Speedtest results in that mode gives only 30/30 Mbps max. Seems to do more harm than good from my testing.

terrykorkor

Reaction score
so any realtime downloading from torrent and some download and stress test from mulitiple tcp connection or sort?

Jamesykl

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda curious. Does it feel a huge difference in terms of surfing speed and video streaming?

You will notice that there is no lag in playing youtube videos. You can select a list of songs in youtube to play while surfing the internet. I can tell you NO MORE LAG. Gaming also smooth. Ping to USA drop from 235 to 178.

aerialist

Reaction score
I torrented 5 songs/movies (i saw one going at 2.1mbps), loaded 6 huskystarcraft 1080p videos (all can stream and watch at the same time cause it's so fast), and played mw2 or sc2 + while my parents were watching HD movies through miotv and my brother was playing sc2(probably torrenting and streaming ****) on another comp.

Yeah all that **** at the same time. Current setup for computer usage is ont -> 2wire -> netgear router.

I used to be a 10mbps mio plan subscriber and the old white 2wire piece of crap sucked so bad. However the new black 2wire is awesome. handles so many connections/things going on at the same time.

I'm super particular when it comes to internet experience, which includes bandwidth(for streaming and torrenting) and ping(for gaming and it's excellent im the lowest in the bc2 servers). and that going fibre is the best thing ever. the feeling is like switching from 56k to broadband.

I hope this can clarify some doubts for people who are sitting on the fence about switching to fibre.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My experience so far is so so (Explore Home), but definitely faster than old 10Mbps Singnet.

Torrent wise, maybe a slight improvement (of the few torrents I tested, one hit 1.35MBps peak hours). Youtube I'd only say it depends on the Youtube servers. I have encountered quite a few rebuffering problems with some videos yet very fast streaming on others, and I doubt that the problem has to do with singnet.

Best experience so far is with the windows updates. The previous patch tuesday is a breeze despite being a record holder in terms of the no of patches. The fiber skimmed over 80+MB of updates like it was a few megs at most.

Direct download experience varies, but best so far was 1m 6s for an anime episode that is 209MB. Beats torrents anyday lol

I don't have unrealistic expectations of the fiber speeds when I signed up, but so far no unhappiness with the service due to disruptions etc. My speedtests are below average (technician got 170/90, 120/80 is average for me) but I guess I wont feel the speed difference anyway. Mio TV with 15 free movies a month is an afterthought when signing up, but nice to have nonetheless.

Last edited:

aerialist

Reaction score
weird. i just tried dmzing my router that is connected to the 2wire but it's not getting an IP address assigned to it. I tried release and renew but no use. settings are set to DHCP.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
weird. i just tried dmzing my router that is connected to the 2wire but it's not getting an IP address assigned to it. I tried release and renew but no use. settings are set to DHCP.

You need to reboot the 2Wire after that. I had the same issue when I tried it out.

DMZ Plus mode hurts throughput. Not sure about DMZ though; didnt test that.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whats the difference between DMZ mode and DMZ Plus mode?? Any difference???

From the 2Wire Manual - http://techsupport.singnet.com.sg/webfm_send/23

- When the DMZ Mode radio button is selected, the network traffic is directly routed to the selected
computer. In DMZ mode, the designated computer is connected to the Internet through the
gateway, and can receive unsolicited network traffic from the Internet
- When the DMZ Plus Mode radio button is selected, the gateway assigns a Broadband/WAN IP to
the selected computer. In DMZplus mode, the designated computer is directly connected to the
Internet, has all unassigned TCP and UDP ports opened, and can receive unsolicited network traffic
from the Internet
- When the NO DMZ radio button is selected, configured firewall rules are applicable for the selected
computer

[[小马哥]]

Master Member
Reaction score
suppose here all are singnet users right?don;t mind to ask some question.
If contract going to finish next year sept and you plan to upgrade to fibre can be done at june?I heard they allow it since you are presently singnet users.Someone can clarify it?

guangzong

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct thread. SingTel came today for the installation. However, nothing can be done cos Op*nN*t installed the TP without any allowance for the fibre cable. See the picture below for a clearer picture :D

Now how smart is that? :s13:

The 3 installers kept apologizing to me, even though i kept telling them it's not their fault. Wasted my off day, guess i'm going to waste a few more :o

33934_443283289502_670074502_5344689_7686460_n.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.