Feedback on PMP course centre

Z_Dash

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried New Horizon's PMP course?

They're offering me $2500 (before GST) if i take PMP along with my ITILv3 foundation.

Also one notable information.
ITIL courses contributes to PDU! ITILv3 foundations gives 18 PDU while the ITIL intermmediate courses gives 30 PDU each.

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a softcopy of PMBOK which you can download after you become a PMI member. I am not aware of any legal mean of getting a softcopy of RMC book.

i see, thought can download and read on ipad :D

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
I just passed my PMP exam yesterday on my first attempt. In addition to sheer personal hardwork I must say that RMC's PMP Exam Prep Book is critical to my success on passing on the first attempt. It does justify me attending KM's course. Although the course is slightly more expensive at 3.7k sgd, I felt that RMC's method of studying for PMP is very good.

I did not read the PMBOK guidebook but instead 'burnt' the entire RMC book and 'drank' it. I found the RMC book much easier to read. Those who are interested in getting the RMC book, I understand it cost around 180sgd at the bookstore.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just passed my PMP exam yesterday on my first attempt. In addition to sheer personal hardwork I must say that RMC's PMP Exam Prep Book is critical to my success on passing on the first attempt. It does justify me attending KM's course. Although the course is slightly more expensive at 3.7k sgd, I felt that RMC's method of studying for PMP is very good.

I did not read the PMBOK guidebook but instead 'burnt' the entire RMC book and 'drank' it. I found the RMC book much easier to read. Those who are interested in getting the RMC book, I understand it cost around 180sgd at the bookstore.

I got it from Amazon at 70 USD + 10 USD (shipping)

Invest_Swiftlet_Farming

Reaction score
I have been hearing good feedback about this book.

I saw it online abebooks and amazon it's about USD 65 and in SG I saw it at bookshop it's about S$175.

As Citrep 80% expiringsoon , I have checked with around 8 companies that provide PMP training to take advantage of the grant, same time I asked specificallly if they provide this useful book.

I remember Processwokrgroup training group, Project Pro pte ltd, Knowledge Method, Comat they all got give this Rita Mulcahy book. this based on my impression because they all seem dont want to let ppl know what they give so it's not in the email. I have to call and asked one.

this is to share with you the price: if not corecct pls chck with the company respectively
Process group & COmat - around S$2800
Knowledge mtd - S$3500+
Project pro- S$2400

I checked a few I think ProjectPro offers the best price. the lady said it includes everything for me. such as full training, pmi member, pmp exam and rita mulcahy bks.

btw I also found 1 company from online ads, the guy only charged S$700 for training, but it;s only training and the person said cannot claim citrep...sianz ji bua

this is just to share my pmp searching experience. ^^

Leeson

Reaction score
I checked a few I think ProjectPro offers the best price. the lady said it includes everything for me. such as full training, pmi member, pmp exam and rita mulcahy bks.

I'll like to point out that including PMI membership in any packages by any providers is ILLEGAL if you are applying for CITREP.

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
This flashcard is nothing but pieces of name-card size card with one process description written in each card. There is a total of 90+ cards in the deck. Our objective is to review each card and place them to the correct process group.

The objective of the exercise is to allow us to remember which process belongs to which process group.

Even without the flashcard we can perform the same exercise. Just take some pieces of paper and write down each process and then go through the exercise.

I tried that several times over a course of two weeks. Each time I asked myself why I placed the card into the wrong process group. In the end, I was able to remember which process goes to which process group.

One additional rule in the exercise is that all the processes in the PLANNING process group, MUST be arranged in sequence. That is because PLANNING is the only process group where the processes are in sequence. Processes in all other process groups can be done concurrently.

Is this "Flashcards" some sort of mp3 for us to listen using mp3 player? Or is it some hardcopy notes?

Last edited:

Rabbit

Reaction score
Here's the package which I can get for those who are interested in taking the PMP course to meet your 35 pdus.

- Course Fees $2800 before GST
- Uses the Official PMBOK guidebook
- 80% enhanced CITREP funding available (total investment will be only $756 after CITREP grant)
- Fees is inclusive of exam
- Training Centre located in central area within the city (right next to MRT station)
- Experienced trainers who are industry practitioners with many years of experience
- Exam prep kit with Exam Simulation Software (vendor claims 90% passing rate for those who use this s/w)
- Free refresher course within 3mths of course completion
- Can take your exam at the same location within the centre (subjected to date availability)

Do PM me if you are interested.

Last edited:

Skyeagle

Reaction score
Just want to ask, under the requirements for pmp"

"A four-year degree (bachelor’s or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education."

Does this mean that you need 3 yrs of project exp, including a supervisory role or a team leader role?

If dun have the addition supervisory role, means cannot apply?

fbap1174

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did my PMP prep course at iKompass, and was a certified PMP 2 months from the time i first attended the class. Feedback on the school:

1. They took your certification journey seriously. Provides weekly status reports that chart your preparation progress.

2. Comprehensive web portal for self-learning, plus rich datastore of simulation questions.

3. Classes are over 2 weekends (4 days), so minimum disruption from work.

4. Follow-up webinars to review simulation questions and answers.

5. Inculcate an environment of peer-support - those who are certified serves as an encouragement for those who are in preparation mode.

All the best!

Leeson

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did my PMP prep course at iKompass, and was a certified PMP 2 months from the time i first attended the class. Feedback on the school:

how did you manage to schedule your exam so quickly?

sunnyg

Reaction score
From my experience, I definitely felt the training at Ikompass was professional, thorough and above all Fun!
I surveyed 2-3 institutes offering under CITREP and went for seminars of them..Not to mention sending a mass emailer to all the citrep institutes to see what their course brochures are like..
Ikompass definitely had the edge over them with their combined e-learning suite and classroom training.It is defintely the way the course structure and mode of learning at Ikompass that helped me achieve the certification in less than 3 weeks after the course.

They have web based learning which greatly helped to solidify the classroom training. The weekly quizzes via webinars helped us to stay in the PMI zone even after the classroom training was over(most institutes would have not followed up so much after the class room training is done ..leave alone a webinar ) and surely built up the confidence levels.Classroom training at no point was sleepy.it was a fun way of learning the PMI concepts!they had casestudies and homeworks to do.

About the trainers, one of them is highly qualified. There are many PMPs and few PgMPs. this was also one of the points I considered when I chose ikompass.

I got my PMP much sooner than I thought and the most important thing is the training helped me understand the concepts rather than mug up.

sharonpr

Reaction score
Additional exam center for PMP

how did you manage to schedule your exam so quickly?

I think Singapore now has two exam centers. One in Jurong east and the new one Bras Basah. Sometimes dates are available even for the next day as well.

sharonpr

Reaction score
PDUs

Does anyone know if there is any change to the number of PDUs (Professional Development Units) that one needs to maintain after obtaining the PMP credential.

What I remember is that you need to have 60 PDUs in 3 years and these PDUs are provided by just attending project management related trainings, seminars etc., In one of the PMI seminars, there was talk about changes to this to say that as long as your are working as a project manager, you can claim PDUs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.