Himedia HD300A Media Player

drgame871

Reaction score
PPS is back since firmware version 1.0.2.17.

the latest firmware version is 1.0.2.30.

If you want more streaming sites or IPTV or other features, you may want to try our PlaySmart Edition Firmware:

Feature List:

1. User Interface improvements (Now Same User Interface for both 300A/300B/300C/300D/500B/500B-T with movie preview and bookmark features)
2. Support APE+CUE
3. Support Dolby True-HD Audio/ DTS HDMA (for bit stream only available for New 300 Plus or 500 Plus Model)
4. Sina TV
5. Keyboard Support.
6. XunLei Kankan
7. Internet TV with more than 110 TV Channels (including CCTV, China Domestic Live TV Channels)
8. BaiDu QiYi Streaming
9. Sohu Video Streaming
10. CNTV (China Network TV Streaming)
11. International Online Video Portal (BBC ABC News and HD Movie Trailer, Metafeeds, Shoutcast, MediaFly,etc.)
12. Online MP3 Streaming (Under Play Smart Online Video Portal)
13. Dianying Net
14. QQ Live
15. HDP Fans Portal
16. YouKu
17. Voole Video Streaming
18. Worldwide Weather (added Austrilia)
19. Youtube
20. RSS News
... More and more coming soon..

For PlaySmart Online Streaming Firmware Details:

http://www.playsmartsg.net/index.php?topic=2014.0

All the new himedia players get from us are preloaded with our PlaySmart Edition Firmware.

Cheers

Is there a need to pay or something like that?

ahber79

Reaction score
Hi Michael,

I noticed from the Himedia website that the model is listed as HD300A+. Do you currently sell this model and what is the difference compared to HD300A?

Will you also be at Sitex?

Thanks

seowcc

Reaction score
Thanks for your screen shot. I did download and tried it, no issue.

No worries, if you are free, you can simply bring it to us, we can update for you:)

Hi michael,

I managed to get the firmware updated. My previous error was due to the firmware file corruption (after comparing the file size).

Btw, when you release a new firmware, do provide us with the list of enhancement or bug-fixes so that we know how we have benefited from it.

See you at SITEX.

Thanks!
Cain

playsmartsg

Reaction score
Hi michael,

I managed to get the firmware updated. My previous error was due to the firmware file corruption (after comparing the file size).

Btw, when you release a new firmware, do provide us with the list of enhancement or bug-fixes so that we know how we have benefited from it.

See you at SITEX.

Thanks!
Cain

Great, BTW, we do have list out all the change log here: http://www.playsmartsg.net/index.php?topic=903.0

We won't be at SITEX, doing promotion at Sim Lim Shop

Michael

playsmartsg

Reaction score
Hi Michael,

I noticed from the Himedia website that the model is listed as HD300A+. Do you currently sell this model and what is the difference compared to HD300A?

Will you also be at Sitex?

Thanks

Currently we are selling 300A Plus (300A+), new chipset: Realtek 1073DD C+, Support HD Audio and less heat.

We won't be at SITEX, promotion at SLS

Michael

Wee^2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

andies

Master Member
Reaction score
hi michael
just bought my himedia player this afternoon.. i haven't installed a harddisk and i can't seem to play PPS streams
is it cause the device needs a HDD to buffer?
thanks!

seowcc

Reaction score
and i can't seem to play PPS streams
thanks!

I didn't pay extra to get the special firmware for PPS.. Nevertheless, my experience on the PPS so far is quite bad.. Speed is the biggest problem and often it will complain video cannot be played.

Not sure whether this is consistent to all HiMedia owners or only those who didn't pay extra for the special firmware. :s11: I don't feel confident to pay for the extra at all.

playsmartsg

Reaction score
hi michael
just bought my himedia player this afternoon.. i haven't installed a harddisk and i can't seem to play PPS streams
thanks!

Hi,andies,

May I know which ISP you are using? Starhub or Singnet? and the Speed?

Thanks

lightzly

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've seen from the FAQ that we can connect a portable USB CD/DVD rom drive to the player & it can play CD & DVD from the drive.

Can anyone confirm if it can work?

If yes, would any USB powered drive works? or needs a adapter powered drive?
I'm planning to get a portable drive at sitex.

Thanks.

playsmartsg

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've seen from the FAQ that we can connect a portable USB CD/DVD rom drive to the player & it can play CD & DVD from the drive.

Can anyone confirm if it can work?

If yes, would any USB powered drive works? or needs a adapter powered drive?
I'm planning to get a portable drive at sitex.

Thanks.

Confirmed, why not come down to see our demo and enjoy promotion price=:p

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.