Whizzcar vs Kahshare vs Car Club

coldfreeze

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Among these 3 car-sharing schemes, which one is more preferred? The prices are largely the same, just the car models and car parks that are different. Hoping for some comments from exisiting users on

- the availability of cars
- how last minute can you book the cars.

dRu1D

Reaction score
bro,dun bother tat kind of crap...it is a waste if u travel alot since it is based on mileage thought petrol wise,its paid by coy,rent out from ebay.com.sg ... ;)

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most important is that you do it the legal way.

;)

Dun rent out long-term from private individuals..

dRu1D

Reaction score
yeah...agreed..cos usually private individuals ins does not cover for hire...however it can be circumvent in accident cases by owner saying he lent it out on a mutual basis as a friend though it can b messy...also,when renting out cars from private individual,do check out the road tax expiry...got kena once going in jb using a rented car,e owner die2 say he renew cert but forget to put,i kal lta,lta said didnt renew...the penalties for driving a car wo a valid road tax is severe,do take note bro

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OT here. Coe down 3k for small cars already.. Car dealer giving promos, so....

Miss Hsuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kahshare member can rent cars from Car Club and vice versa. However, Kahshare membership fee is lower than that of Car Club.

coldfreeze

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Kahshare member can rent cars from Car Club and vice versa. However, Kahshare membership fee is lower than that of Car Club.
oh i didn't know that. took a trip to a nearby carpark to see both coop's and kahshare's cars and realised majority of the cars were rented out already.

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah...agreed..cos usually private individuals ins does not cover for hire...however it can be circumvent in accident cases by owner saying he lent it out on a mutual basis as a friend though it can b messy...also,when renting out cars from private individual,do check out the road tax expiry...got kena once going in jb using a rented car,e owner die2 say he renew cert but forget to put,i kal lta,lta said didnt renew...the penalties for driving a car wo a valid road tax is severe,do take note bro
Actually, the driving without road tax is severe for the car owner.

Driving without road tax equates to having no insurance on the road.
Meaning, if car road tax is not renewed, the car is not in a "roadworthy" condition [ forgot what the exact term is ]. Hence, insurance companies may choose to not cover the car during that period.

This is the Car Owner's problem

Another problem is during roadblocks, if the "renter" said that he "rented the car" and it happens to fall outside the legal duration for private vehicles.

HOWEVER

What is more important for the renter, is IF the owner did not pay the instalment OR the actual car owner wants it back.

Renters usually pay 1 + 1 month's worth of rent.
One fine day, you go to work and suddenly find the car missing. This is a REPO case from the finance company or the original car owner. And there is almost nothing the car renter can do. ;)

sham2056

Reaction score
Kahshare member can rent cars from Car Club and vice versa.

Miss Hsuan,
Is there a news that Kahshare members can rent cars from CarClub ?
From what I know only Car Club members are able to rent car from KahShare as stated in car club website (refer below)

http://www.carclub.com.sg/default.aspx?uc=4

cheers,
Sham

alamin2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just like to ask, the minimum requirement is 23yrs old and 30months experience..

anyone less than 30months experience and 23yrsold ?

how about if im 23 and have ard 18months ? or is the TnC subjective ?

emahnic

Master Member
Reaction score
bro,dun bother tat kind of crap...it is a waste if u travel alot since it is based on mileage thought petrol wise,its paid by coy,rent out from ebay.com.sg ... ;)

From what I know. Kahshare is not based on mileage but time and per rental charge. That mean if you rent the car for shopping, Kah Motor will charge you also for the time the car spend in the carpark. Not worth it imo.

If by mileage i will definitely opt for this scheme. :D

Please correct me if wrong.

Mohd.Nazz

Reaction score
Whizzcar

Hi all anyone a member with Whizzcar.
Thinking of joining as i couldn't afford to own a car.
Pls share you exprenice.
Thanks.

smhong746

Reaction score
Among these 3 car-sharing schemes, which one is more preferred? The prices are largely the same, just the car models and car parks that are different. Hoping for some comments from exisiting users on

- the availability of cars
- how last minute can you book the cars.

Any members to share?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.