Great Movies You Probably Missed. (Updating List)

Xanthos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really?! I've been searching high and low for the novels.
I liked the movies very much and I feel it's a shame that not many actually know about it.

On a side note, seems like Hollywood is planning to do a remake, with Daniel Craig as the reporter. Have no idea who is gonna be Lizbeth though..somehow, I feel that they're just gonna muck it all up.

Even though I have not watch the film yet, I saw Lisbeth and was quite disappointed. It wasn't how I imagined her when I read the book.

But I sure hope her performance in the film will prove me wrong.

Shouldn't be hard to find the novels. It's a best seller worldwide and one of the top selling books. Dragon Tattoo alone sold 30million copies. :D

Silverboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even though I have not watch the film yet, I saw Lisbeth and was quite disappointed. It wasn't how I imagined her when I read the book.

But I sure hope her performance in the film will prove me wrong.

Shouldn't be hard to find the novels. It's a best seller worldwide and one of the top selling books. Dragon Tattoo alone sold 30million copies. :D
I watched the film first so Lisbeth to me is awesome.
The acting isn't exactly stellar to be honest but the storyline is exceptional.
Thoroughly enjoyed it but I wish that there was more. I hated the ending.

Battleship Potemkin

Ivan The Terrible Part 1 & 2

Aguirre The Wrath of God

The 400 blows

8 1/2

The Seventh Seal

The Wild Bunch

The Searchers

The Third Man

The Man Who Knew Too Much

Twin Peaks (the tv show)

Add Wild Strawberries by Ingmar Bergman please.

-Strike-

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of the shows you listed, I only watched The Book of Eli.

I would also recommend this movie, Sunshine (2007)

50 years into the future, the Sun begins to die, and Earth is dying as a result. A team of astronauts are sent to revive the Sun - but the mission fails. Seven years later, a new team are sent to finish the mission as they are Earth's last hope.

Shows the life experience of how they struggle to survive and sacrifice in the spaceship, fighting for food, water, and most importantly oxygen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448134/

Last edited:

Xanthos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a list of missed movies, i.e. movies that people in SG didn't think was any good or couldn't watch at all, or damn old. So the very hyped, well marketed and popular shows shouldn't be in his list :D

:D

One thing I have learnt from having this thread over the past 18 months is that I tend to not know a movie was actually popular in SG when it screened.

Would be good if you can include the movie picture as well

it'll be too image intense and I think there's a limit to the number of pictures per post.

Since there's IMDB links provided, clicking it will give you access to all you need.

phoenix147

Reaction score
i didnt know about this list until today. thank you :( i have only watched 1/3 of the movie in that list . JSA sounds interesting gonna watch it later :o

surprised to see unthinkable in the list also. you would wanna check out Martyrs. similar kind of intensity.

Xanthos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are many great films in the past, but I'm restricting the list to films from the 70s onwards.

Figured most people will not bother to watch them. Either that or access to such films are extremely limited.

sephunr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Great thread great films. Watching Find Me Guilty now and it's very good :)

Xanthos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i didnt know about this list until today. thank you :( i have only watched 1/3 of the movie in that list . JSA sounds interesting gonna watch it later :o

surprised to see unthinkable in the list also. you would wanna check out Martyrs. similar kind of intensity.

I understand that there are some films in the list that sticks out like a sore thumb.

Sometimes when I go through my list, I will wonder why the hell did I add that in the first place, but I choose to let them stay. :s13:

Cloudsky

Reaction score

awayaway

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
forrest gump, man from earth, cast away, shawshank redemption, the aviator, gladiator, a beautifulmind, catch me if u can, four weddings and a funeral

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.