[NAS] D-Link DNS-320 ShareCenter Pulse

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DS211 retailing at how much now? $300? so you gauge your budget and justify yourself if you wan very good performance or reasonable good performance but at only $149 for dns-320

$480 now.......

If I were to go with DNS-320, total cost for 2TB RAID 1 is few dollars cheaper than the barebone DS211 alone.....

arghh....tough choice tough choice....

Can anybody tell me where to get DNS-320?

DNS-320 got iPhone monitoring tool boh?

hold on....memoryworld = storage studio??!!!

blade007

Master Member
Reaction score
$480 now.......

If I were to go with DNS-320, total cost for 2TB RAID 1 is few dollars cheaper than the barebone DS211 alone.....

arghh....tough choice tough choice....

Can anybody tell me where to get DNS-320?

DNS-320 got iPhone monitoring tool boh?

hold on....memoryworld = storage studio??!!!

got my DNS-320 from Challenger PS. I took the 2nd last set there last friday. according to the salesman, there are only 1 to 2 sets left at PS and Sembawang. I think they can do a transfer for you if you request.

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got my DNS-320 from Challenger PS. I took the 2nd last set there last friday. according to the salesman, there are only 1 to 2 sets left at PS and Sembawang. I think they can do a transfer for you if you request.

i checked liaoz, whole island out of stocks....some says new models coming in :(

seems like I'm forced to go for DS211 @ $480 liaoz....

or wait??!!

Last edited:

blade007

Master Member
Reaction score
i checked liaoz, whole island out of stocks....some says new models coming in :(

seems like I'm forced to go for DS211 @ $480 liaoz....

SLS have stock i think. thou you have to pay more.. I saw prices going like $169,$179,$199.

Saw someone commented it goes for $169 at some funan shops too.

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried HDD bigger than 2TB?

decided to hoot the last piece @Sembawang lol

The price is not justified for DS211 or DS211+.....

Next time wanna upgrade just buy a brand new NAS lor....

toblos

Reaction score
2TB is the max, but I find the fine print interesting.

SUPPORTED HARD DRIVE TYPE
3.5” Internal SATA (Maximum HDD Capacity:
2 TB for each drive) 3

Maximum HDD capacity supported may increase in future depending on advances in SATA technology

LC88

Reaction score
Just brought the DNS320 for a week.I encountered problem with accessing to one hard disk 2.when I switch on the set I was unable to access one of the hard disk and need to replugged the hard disk again to access the disk. I also need to hold on to the power switch for a while to get the hard disk lite to lite up, is this normal?

richneo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just brought the DNS320 for a week.I encountered problem with accessing to one hard disk 2.when I switch on the set I was unable to access one of the hard disk and need to replugged the hard disk again to access the disk. I also need to hold on to the power switch for a while to get the hard disk lite to lite up, is this normal?
1. you need to ensure your hdd is fitted correctly. only if you fitted correctly, the hdd will be accessible if you formatted the hdd via dns-320

2. you only need to press once to on it.

3. when the hdd is "sleeping", you just need to access it via windows explorer and the hdd will "wake up". you do not need to press and hold the power button.

4. pressing and holding the power button for a few second will turn dns-320 off. ths is the standard operating function to prevent accidentally switching if off if you happen to press on the pwoer button

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just realized it could be much cheaper to go for 4-Bay NAS with smaller HDD :(

blade007

Master Member
Reaction score
How to transfer Files Directly from USB (on NAS) into NAS

Hey guys,

I realized transferring files from NAS's USB port to into the NAS uses the Computer as a Storage point before going into the NAS.

External HDD (NAS USB) --> Network --> Computer(temp file) --> Network --> NAS HDD

Is there any way/programs which I could use to navigate the DNS-320 to transfer files directly within the NAS without going thru the Network/Compter?

External HDD (NAS USB) --> NAS HDD

I figure it would be much faster/simpler? :s12:

richneo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I realized transferring files from NAS's USB port to into the NAS uses the Computer as a Storage point before going into the NAS.

External HDD (NAS USB) --> Network --> Computer(temp file) --> Network --> NAS HDD

Is there any way/programs which I could use to navigate the DNS-320 to transfer files directly within the NAS without going thru the Network/Compter?

External HDD (NAS USB) --> NAS HDD

I figure it would be much faster/simpler? :s12:
connect the usb storage directly to dns-320 via its built in usb port?

fitlies

Reaction score
if i use one hdd as time machine back up for my mac, and the other hdd to be used for BT-ing and backing up of data for my pc, is it possible?

i know i'll lose out the benefits of raid 0 or 1 but is there any other way to go about utilizing the nas when the user has windows and mac systems?

kinshien

Reaction score
anyone have any idea how to stream MKV to any media players from DNS320? Seems like the standard UPNP server doesn't support MKV.... which is pretty disappointing for me T_T.

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the media streaming seems to be quite limited....which was the reason why I decided to pull the handbrake and looking into DS211 or the +...

richneo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone have any idea how to stream MKV to any media players from DNS320? Seems like the standard UPNP server doesn't support MKV.... which is pretty disappointing for me T_T.
if im not mistaken, mkv is not a supported format for dlna at all

do correct me if i am wrong

but im streaming mkv movies via my home network to my xbox xbmc

Jetpac

Reaction score
itunes

How long does it take for the itunes server to cuild the media library?

I have around 49gb of music and it works its way to about 50% and then hangs there. there doesnt feel like there is any activity going on with the hard drives either by holding the box... any ideas?

shadowandy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed, surprised that the transfer speed from NAS USB to HD was kind of disappointing. :(

I have to agree on this as well. Dont know if it is an issue related to usb-storage ko? In the dns-323 days, transfers via usb were slow (for a particular usb-storage.ko) due to debug messages turned on. Hope it isn't the case for this.

blade007

Master Member
Reaction score
I have to agree on this as well. Dont know if it is an issue related to usb-storage ko? In the dns-323 days, transfers via usb were slow (for a particular usb-storage.ko) due to debug messages turned on. Hope it isn't the case for this.

hmm.. i think the issue for the speed is because the data are going this way:

they are not going directly into the NAS. thats was the reason I was looking at a way to control the NAS via a remote explorer rather than thru the computer.

Could the AJAXPLORER do this? if it could how could we use it? I am only see-ing default files in it thou

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.