p1090888.jpg

Still couldnt bear to use it :s13:

justin007

Reaction score
Managed to take some new pictures of my taiga wallet :D

p1090885.jpg

p1090888.jpg

Still couldnt bear to use it :s13:

A beautiful wallet is supposed to be used... The thing is, the more U are scared of using it, the more heart pain U will feel should something go wrong with it.. Then again, what could go wrong.

1. scratches.. Taiga leather is quite durable, next only to epi (IMO). both my taiga belts leather is still ok... I actually bought one of them, a seasonal belt from the spring/summer 2010.. is still in good condition.. no scratches.. my small little pochette for keys and wallet in polarie is also fine. Me just dump it in a plastic bag.. full of stuff... no scratches..
However, U still need to do some conditioning and maintenance, once in a while.

2. stains... protect it with water and stain repellent e.g. apple guarde. it leaves a slight shine on the leather. (this is up to U.. I use it, does not mean U should too... )

3. deformation... Har.. this one is common sense.. Just dont put any wallet in your back pocket.. Period. U might regret it on the long run

Just a thought

valium85

Reaction score
Nice wallet.

I'm thinking of getting a LV or Prada wallet. Any recommendation? Budget wise 400 - 600

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Prada wallet is quite simple and plain but very nice.
I myself like that saffiano leather wallet from Prada with 8cc card slot, looked subtle.
For LV, I had an eye on the ebene billfold 6cc or graphite multiple wallet.
But then I actually preferred graphite to ebene but sadly there is no billfold for it, then for graphite multiple the CC slot on the right is like super weird.
No offense to LV lovers but I find that design quite phailed.
Maybe LV want their wallet to be different from other brands? Lol.

valium85

Reaction score
Prada wallet is quite simple and plain but very nice.
I myself like that saffiano leather wallet from Prada with 8cc card slot, looked subtle.
For LV, I had an eye on the ebene billfold 6cc or graphite multiple wallet.
But then I actually preferred graphite to ebene but sadly there is no billfold for it, then for graphite multiple the CC slot on the right is like super weird.
No offense to LV lovers but I find that design quite phailed.
Maybe LV want their wallet to be different from other brands? Lol.

I like the Prada saffiano nero man wallet very much retail cost about 500+ my friend just got it. Saw a guy selling ytd and he sold it to a guy for just $280 and he used it for a week only! Damn what a steal and I was like preparing to offer 400$. sigh~

Personally I like wallet to be simple yet classy.

dazzaaaaa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is local boutique return/exchange policy? must be at same boutique of purchase?

MeRfMeRf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is local boutique return/exchange policy? must be at same boutique of purchase?

No need to be same boutique of purchase. As long as you have the original invoice and the bag must be in unused, brand new condition.

if there are any signs of usage, they have every right to reject to your return/exchange.

you could either swap for another item and pay the difference if the new item value is higher then the original, or forgo the difference if its lower. or request for a Credit Note with a validity for you to use again in future.

Cheers!
MeRf

Helbreath

Master Member
Reaction score
A beautiful wallet is supposed to be used... The thing is, the more U are scared of using it, the more heart pain U will feel should something go wrong with it.. Then again, what could go wrong.

1. scratches.. Taiga leather is quite durable, next only to epi (IMO). both my taiga belts leather is still ok... I actually bought one of them, a seasonal belt from the spring/summer 2010.. is still in good condition.. no scratches.. my small little pochette for keys and wallet in polarie is also fine. Me just dump it in a plastic bag.. full of stuff... no scratches..
However, U still need to do some conditioning and maintenance, once in a while.

2. stains... protect it with water and stain repellent e.g. apple guarde. it leaves a slight shine on the leather. (this is up to U.. I use it, does not mean U should too... )

3. deformation... Har.. this one is common sense.. Just dont put any wallet in your back pocket.. Period. U might regret it on the long run

Just a thought

Oh thanks for you value suggestions. I am glad to hear the taiga leather is very durable. Apple guarde sounds like a good idea but prolonged usage is it good for the leather? Will cause the colour to change/fade or sth?

justin007

Reaction score
Oh thanks for you value suggestions. I am glad to hear the taiga leather is very durable. Apple guarde sounds like a good idea but prolonged usage is it good for the leather? Will cause the colour to change/fade or sth?

A very good question. All my bags are coated with apple guarde. So far so good...

Please note that my bags are not that old, less than 2 years... So I cannot vouch on the chug colour or fading that might occur. But, after writing that, I also realize that leather and canvas will over time get faded.. Especially canvas.. So no diff right? Leather, if unconditioned and maintained will also discolor, mould, etc..etc...over time, especially in our climate... I guess prevention is better than cure. Please note that the above is just my opinion, I might be wrong!

However, my epi leather kychain exudes a nice shine that is still there after more than 1 year

Just a thought

justin007

Reaction score
guys wonder if the leather trims on mono bags are durable?

I think they are. But vachetta ( monogram leather trims) are succeptible to stains, discoloration, etc.... Just need a little precaution and lots of love. According to the SAs that I ask about the discolouration, they all told me that the stains, etc are marks of the journey of life with your beloved LV. Har har

rookierocky

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
merf, my friend is gg to europe, which part of it i not sure. should i just ask him to help me buy LV?

Kenneth C

Reaction score
merf, my friend is gg to europe, which part of it i not sure. should i just ask him to help me buy LV?

Hi

I asked Merf a similar question before I went to Germany in Nov 2010. I am glad that I bought my Damier Graphite iCare when I was in Germany. Managed to get tax claim and much lower than Sg price. Heard that iCare Damier Graphite is out of stock in Sg.
So, should consider asking your friend to help you get your fav. piece.

Cheers.

alexwai

Reaction score
I m thinking to buy a taiga wallet, considering between Billfold with 6 card slots, Billfold with 3 flaps and Multiple wallet.
Which one is more worth for money? need some advise from the brother here.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.