Official LV Community Thread - Part 1

MeRfMeRf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A very good question. All my bags are coated with apple guarde. So far so good...

Please note that my bags are not that old, less than 2 years... So I cannot vouch on the chug colour or fading that might occur. But, after writing that, I also realize that leather and canvas will over time get faded.. Especially canvas.. So no diff right? Leather, if unconditioned and maintained will also discolor, mould, etc..etc...over time, especially in our climate... I guess prevention is better than cure. Please note that the above is just my opinion, I might be wrong!

However, my epi leather kychain exudes a nice shine that is still there after more than 1 year

Just a thought

yup, canvas will start to discolour over some time or due to harsh usage i guess? ever saw a damier ebene multiple turning green :o

merf, my friend is gg to europe, which part of it i not sure. should i just ask him to help me buy LV?

yes, def much cheaper still, and like wad kennethc mentioned, hyou even be able to get those items that are already sold out in SG.

whr can buy Apple guarde???

apple garde products can be purchased from here or here.

I m thinking to buy a taiga wallet, considering between Billfold with 6 card slots, Billfold with 3 flaps and Multiple wallet.
Which one is more worth for money? need some advise from the brother here.

eh cant advise you which 1 more worth it bah? depends on your budget and needs for the nos. of card slots etc? overall, taiga wallets are rather durable if you also take care of them. evets had one for erm 7yrs i think? :D

alexwai

Reaction score
eh cant advise you which 1 more worth it bah? depends on your budget and needs for the nos. of card slots etc? overall, taiga wallets are rather durable if you also take care of them. evets had one for erm 7yrs i think? :D
thanks for ur input,MeRfMeRf. :)
any bro using taiga billfold with 3 flaps? will it very "thick"?
out of curiousity, the taiga multiple only got 3 credit card slots and 2 slots on other site,but it is more expensive than taiga billfold with 6 credit card slots? don't u guy think that 3 credit cards are too few? :)

cruciate

Reaction score
hello friends!

It's been a long time. Have been busy as usual, hope everyone's healthy and having a good start to the year.

Nothing's really caught my attention from LV recently and I've been looking at watches instead (Bell & Ross BR 126 Vintage in particular), but I've a chance to get a bag from France and was thinking about this:

5366827272_b6a1a9d091_b.jpg

What do you guys reckon? I'll use it for my mac. It has a much slimmer profile compared to the icare (which I've fallen out of favour of). But apart from carrying a laptop I'm not sure if I can use it for much else. Debating between this and a keepall 45, a classic which I've yet to purchase. Would like to hear some views!

PS: Louis Vuitton Menswear FW 2011/2012 this thursday, 20th Jan

5366257795_cf8b44d07b_b.jpg

(I'm new to watches, so I'm not sure where B&R stands on the horological ladder but I'm really loving the simple look of this new collection of theirs)

MeRfMeRf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for ur input,MeRfMeRf.
any bro using taiga billfold with 3 flaps? will it very "thick"?
out of curiousity, the taiga multiple only got 3 credit card slots and 2 slots on other site,but it is more expensive than taiga billfold with 6 credit card slots? don't u guy think that 3 credit cards are too few? :)

right now ish rather thick already, after putting in the cards will lagi be even thicker. :o

the multiple cost more as it has more compartments overall with 2 bill-fold slots, 5 card slots and 2 receipt slots iirc.

Multiple
img55670253.jpg

Billfold
s2269-1.jpg

hello friends!

It's been a long time. Have been busy as usual, hope everyone's healthy and having a good start to the year.

Nothing's really caught my attention from LV recently and I've been looking at watches instead (Bell & Ross BR 126 Vintage in particular), but I've a chance to get a bag from France and was thinking about this:

5366827272_b6a1a9d091_b.jpg

What do you guys reckon? I'll use it for my mac. It has a much slimmer profile compared to the icare (which I've fallen out of favour of). But apart from carrying a laptop I'm not sure if I can use it for much else. Debating between this and a keepall 45, a classic which I've yet to purchase. Would like to hear some views!

PS: Louis Vuitton Menswear FW 2011/2012 this thursday, 20th Jan

5366257795_cf8b44d07b_b.jpg

(I'm new to watches, so I'm not sure where B&R stands on the horological ladder but I'm really loving the simple look of this new collection of theirs)

hihi loctor cruciate! how are the miss Cs in chiu ward? :D

hahahaha! anyway imho, the steeve ish too rigid and formal, if ya wearing semi casual or casual, this bag will look kinda out of place. ish more suited for those who wear suits to work :D

Last edited:

alexwai

Reaction score
right now ish rather thick already, after putting in the cards will lagi be even thicker. :o

the multiple cost more as it has more compartments overall with 2
Hi MeRfMeRf, can i check with you that how many credit cards/cards can put in the Taiga Multiple? :o

MeRfMeRf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi MeRfMeRf, can i check with you that how many credit cards/cards can put in the Taiga Multiple? :o

oops nvr write finish my description haha...

Multiple (recent updated price at $590)
Size (LxHxD): 4.5" x 3.5" x 4.5"
-Three credit card slots on one side, two slots on the other
-Two slots for banknotes
-Two side slots for receipts

Billfold (previous price at $475)
Size (LxHxD): 3.7" x 3.9"
- Damier canvas
- Six credit card slots
- One compartment for bills, two extra card/receipt slots

The billfold is more popular compared to the multiple due to the proper credit card slot design as compared to the diagonal design on the multiple. Price difference is about low 100+ between the 2 for the canvas versions. Not sure for Taiga thou.

Cheers!
MeRf

nethdale

Reaction score
Hi,

Any idea when is "Delightful Monogram PM" launch and it does not seem popular compared to Galleria or Arsty?

Thanks

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Merf ask u ar.
For the damier graphite hor, the louis vuitton adjustable organizer got guys use one anot ar? since its under guy's section but is it popular among the males? Is it weird? Because I feel like getting it though... hmmmm then those holders that came with it in that organizer I can rotate it.... =/ what u think? And how much is it? Do u know? Xie xie! :)

MeRfMeRf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Any idea when is "Delightful Monogram PM" launch and it does not seem popular compared to Galleria or Arsty?

Thanks

erm i thot ish launched already since mid last yr?

anyway not sure why its not as popular as the other 2, but my fren whos using the Artsy says its not good coze the handles are rolled and its not comfortable when you shoulder carry it, making her shoulders sore. i think most commonly spotted is the Artsy followed by Galleria. nvr really notice anyone carrying Delightful.

Merf ask u ar.
For the damier graphite hor, the louis vuitton adjustable organizer got guys use one anot ar? since its under guy's section but is it popular among the males? Is it weird? Because I feel like getting it though... hmmmm then those holders that came with it in that organizer I can rotate it.... =/ what u think? And how much is it? Do u know? Xie xie! :)

well some guys do use it from i remb, infact 1 or 2 bros mentioned they bought it in the prev LV thread.

n63083.jpg

n63083-1.jpg
n63083-2.jpg

n63083-6.jpg
n63083-7.jpg
n63083-8.jpg

Size (LxHxD): 5.5" x 4.3"
-Grained calf leather lining
-Large zipped coin case with key holder
-A full length slot for notes
-Picture or ID window with 8 credit card slots
-Compartment for an additional 6 credit cards
-Palladium coated brass studs and zips
PRODUCT ID: N63083

its quite good as you have 3 different sets of holders, 1 similar to ZCP, 1 purely for cards and 1 for cards and ID window.

price wise notch sure, think around 800-1k?

Last edited:

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Managed to take some new pictures of my taiga wallet :D

p1090885.jpg

p1090888.jpg

Still couldnt bear to use it :s13:

understandable dude...i also dont bear to use my new stuffs...usually wait till 1 yrs after purchase...lol..insane but true...cause usually its a want not a need....just wanna buy and no need for it yet...

very nice, lurve the new taiga range of colour...

nethdale

Reaction score
Hi,

Is that true?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Fwd: Replica LV wallet - SINGAPORE is a FINE city

Just sharing..................

FYI, it is the same with Gucci but the fine is not 10 times.

Hello everyone,

Good morning and Happy New Year 2011!

FYI, Please do not bring in replica or fake LV items into genuine LV boutiques in Singapore.

Recently, my husband's friend's wife walk into LV Takashimaya to make purchase for a genuine LV handbag costs S$3K.
She took out a fake LV wallet to take out her credit card to make payment. She was caught using a fake LV wallet.
Weeks later, she received a summon from LV Taka to appear in court or pay fine equivalent to 10 times of the fake item.
Apparently, her fake LV wallet is retailed at S$1K for the real one. She was fine S$10K.

Example, if I bring in a fake LV handbag (retail S$1930) into LV Taka. If I am caught, I will be fine approx. S$19,300.00.

My good friend, Vale, GM from an events' company told me that in Europe, if you are caught using fake LV items, they will just confiscate your item but no need to pay fine.
In Singapore we have to pay fine, so please take note.

Singapore is a fine city!

Darkangle

Banned
Reaction score
Heard of such issues before but not so serious as to 10x the value and the court part.

Likely case is just buy a wallet from them.

Don't quote me though....hahaha...

CrimsonP

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hoot :D

DSC02121.jpg

like this

Louis-Vuitton-Florin-Wallet-N63074_02.jpg

lWvkFRWBfCzpyod.jpg

at last i choose this cos i need the number of card slot and coin.
abit "thick" but i as time goes by will soften up ba.

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Is that true?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

FYI, Please do not bring in replica or fake LV items into genuine LV boutiques in Singapore.

Recently, my husband's friend's wife walk into LV Takashimaya to make purchase for a genuine LV handbag costs S$3K.
She took out a fake LV wallet to take out her credit card to make payment. She was caught using a fake LV wallet.
Weeks later, she received a summon from LV Taka to appear in court or pay fine equivalent to 10 times of the fake item.
Apparently, her fake LV wallet is retailed at S$1K for the real one. She was fine S$10K.

Example, if I bring in a fake LV handbag (retail S$1930) into LV Taka. If I am caught, I will be fine approx. S$19,300.00.

My good friend, Vale, GM from an events' company told me that in Europe, if you are caught using fake LV items, they will just confiscate your item but no need to pay fine.

No such thing in Singapore. :s22:

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Is that true?

Hello everyone,

interesting urban legend. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.