2Wire 2701HGV-E aka mio Box

oAkEn86

Reaction score
Hi guys, i tried to set up remote access for the dns320 with my mio for 2 days but to no avail. I suspect it may be the mio problem so im posting here

My current config:
mio 2wire 2701hgve (software version 6.1.5.68)-> DNS 320 (with 2TB Samsung F4)
In the 2wire gateway, I port forward port 21 and 80 for the NAS. In the NAS, I config the dynamic dns (with the dlinkddns.com) and started the FTP server. At the dlinkddns.com website, I linked a (myname).dlinkddns.com to my mio public IP address (126.7.56..etc) .

Internally (in the LAN), I am able to access the FTP server from another laptop through the internal IP (192.168.1.14) but when I try to connect from school (either using (myname).dlinkddns.com or the public ip 126....etc), i got a no gateway reply or service type of msg. I tried to access remotely using different computers and also an android phone but all can't work.

Another ideas what i did wrong? I was thinking it may be the router as it is ok internally but i cant seem to access remotely.

TIA

MarineX

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys, i tried to set up remote access for the dns320 with my mio for 2 days but to no avail. I suspect it may be the mio problem so im posting here

My current config:
In the 2wire gateway, I port forward port 21 and 80 for the NAS. In the NAS, I config the dynamic dns (with the dlinkddns.com) and started the FTP server. At the dlinkddns.com website, I linked a (myname).dlinkddns.com to my mio public IP address (126.7.56..etc) .

Internally (in the LAN), I am able to access the FTP server from another laptop through the internal IP (192.168.1.14) but when I try to connect from school (either using (myname).dlinkddns.com or the public ip 126....etc), i got a no gateway reply or service type of msg. I tried to access remotely using different computers and also an android phone but all can't work.

Another ideas what i did wrong? I was thinking it may be the router as it is ok internally but i cant seem to access remotely.

TIA

!?!?!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!

MCCWEE

Reaction score
Please let me know if you are able to activate remote access via MIO (2wire). I have been searching and to no result. Thanks in advance.

My current config:

TIA

Emeraldstarz

Reaction score
1. are you on MIO?

1a. if yes, yes buy back
1b. if no, change that junk immediately!!!

No, I'm not using mio. (I think they give most ppl the mio box even if they're not on mio plan.) Just the regular 10mbps broadband.

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
!?!?!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
You seemed surprised at the mention of port 80 har?
Well, it only happens on the FAT GREEN pipe

As for @oAkEn86 Please check that the DDNS updater is reporting the CORRECT Wan IP to dyndns before proceeding further.

MarineX

Banned
Reaction score
LOL

As for @oAkEn86 Please check that the DDNS updater is reporting the CORRECT Wan IP to dyndns before proceeding further.

nothing surprising. just wondering why he of all ports wants to use that just for convenient sake.

indeed the Green pipe is fat. And the red pipe is no where dedicated.

dk why is it with all the complaints.

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nothing surprising. just wondering why he of all ports wants to use that just for convenient sake.

indeed the Green pipe is fat. And the red pipe is no where dedicated.

dk why is it with all the complaints.

You just said it, because it is convenient. And HTTP is by standard port 80 afterall.
Well, if suddenly 1 day Yahoo decides to run on port 81, it wouldn't make sense and typical users(which Y! targets) will not be able to 'reach' it anymore.

Sure that internet is no where possible to be dedicated, but it is the THIN RED pipe afterall =:p

MarineX

Banned
Reaction score
You just said it, because it is convenient. And HTTP is by standard port 80 afterall.
Well, if suddenly 1 day Yahoo decides to run on port 81, it wouldn't make sense and typical users(which Y! targets) will not be able to 'reach' it anymore.

Sure that internet is no where possible to be dedicated, but it is the THIN RED pipe afterall =:p

nothing starts with "wouldn't make sense" look at Apple.

oAkEn86

Reaction score
LOL

hi liangtam, thanks for the suggestion. I am quite new in this. So the ip that should be reported to dyndns should be the wan ip? I went to http://wanip.info/ and saw that my wan ip and the real ip are 2 different things. the dynamic dns app in the nas is currently updating the real ip to the dlinkddns.com which mapped it to an alphabetical address.

Thus, I should access the nas remotely using the wan ip and not the real ip?

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi liangtam, thanks for the suggestion. I am quite new in this. So the ip that should be reported to dyndns should be the wan ip? I went to http://wanip.info/ and saw that my wan ip and the real ip are 2 different things. the dynamic dns app in the nas is currently updating the real ip to the dlinkddns.com which mapped it to an alphabetical address.

Thus, I should access the nas remotely using the wan ip and not the real ip?

wanip.info cant detect the correct value

You can try pinging [yournamehere].dlinkddns.com and ensure it is the same WAN IP listed in the 2Wire status page first.

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys, recently i changed to the 2701HGV-E white box. Experiencing frequent disconnections as well.

this is a screenshot of my router details, if it helps..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nfshp253

Reaction score
Is there a way to hack the power setting to 10? Max is only 6 now. An SOS SingTel technician told me that it's restricted to 6 by IDA to prevent excessive radiation, but the modem actually supports a higher output. Any way?

And also, any ideas how to solve the frequent disconnections caused by the DSL Training errors? Technician told me that P2P software like PPStream can cause the disconnections? Anyone can confirm this?

And does anyone have any experience with requesting a change of modem to the 2Wire 5012NV while not on the exStream plans? I tried to convince SingTel but the helpdesk said the network department will charge me for it! WTF! The 5012NV costs only $20 more at $170 than the 2701HGV-E at $150!

saffie730

Banned
Reaction score
Is there a way to hack the power setting to 10? Max is only 6 now. An SOS SingTel technician told me that it's restricted to 6 by IDA to prevent excessive radiation, but the modem actually supports a higher output. Any way?

And also, any ideas how to solve the frequent disconnections caused by the DSL Training errors? Technician told me that P2P software like PPStream can cause the disconnections? Anyone can confirm this?

And does anyone have any experience with requesting a change of modem to the 2Wire 5012NV while not on the exStream plans? I tried to convince SingTel but the helpdesk said the network department will charge me for it! WTF! The 5012NV costs only $20 more at $170 than the 2701HGV-E at $150!

They will only change the modem to 5012NV for you if you only take fibre plans only.They will change you to the same 2wire 2701HGV-E V6 for you when your modem becomes faulty.

HoGnix

Reaction score

2wire Power setting 10 ( 400 mW) only available in early batch, like 2700HG, 2700HG-D, (Power can be adjusted from 1 to 10).
For 2wire 2700HGV-2, the Max power setting is capped at 6 ( 250mW)(Power can be adjusted from 1 to 6). for Singtel firmware, but it can be hacked to 10.
For 2wire Singtel V6 firmware, the Power setting cannot be adjusted. the Max power output posibly only 150mW.
So as confirmed by test in the same house, the Earlier batch 2wire has the strongest wireless power signal and the latest 2wire has a weakest wireless power signal.

reddino

Reaction score
Hi I am having a problem with the connection. The modem manage to connect but I am unable to surf any website except singnet. In fact when I try to surf, i will have this auto generated page that shows me the quick ppp config guide from singnet. Has anyone experience something like this before?

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I am having a problem with the connection. The modem manage to connect but I am unable to surf any website except singnet. In fact when I try to surf, i will have this auto generated page that shows me the quick ppp config guide from singnet. Has anyone experience something like this before?

just restart.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.