The Leather Thread

aspanol

Reaction score
Must sun to achieve that red ah?
I haven't mink or sun it since I got it from you.

In my opinion,Just wear it like you always do. If you feel like mink-ing it. Go for it. If you feel like sunning it,go for it too! Its supposed to fit the way you work and wear it and come out with something personal!

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
p1070923e.jpg

mikeeeey, are those marks from pulling thru the buckle?

Yours is 15oz too? and the area near buckle is shaven thinner also?

lazybonez

Master Member
Reaction score
hey mikeeey, would u recommend using obenauf or mink oil on leather products since i think u have use both before?

aspanol

Reaction score
haha thanks thanks
reason why i know and asking is coz i have the 3 "probs" too :p

wah! Please don't say its a problem! The skive thin part is because its a 15 oz thats why for better handling. Regarding the marks, i believe i have explained! haha. You say problem, later people really think its big problem then i die.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think mine is light yellowish. Not to the extend of greenish. Think u better check with where u bought it from. If u search online, it's suppose to have a mild honey smell
emailed them and got a reply fast.

"due to the natural ingredients used, the colors and smell varies from batches to batches"

nothing to worry about. phew.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey mikeeey, would u recommend using obenauf or mink oil on leather products since i think u have use both before?
just tried the LP only. so i cant comment in the long run

but on first application:

LP seemed to darken it almost instantly by a lot. BUT. as it slowly absorbs the LP, the color gradually even out and after overnight, the color is SLIGHTLY tanner only.

its also not sticky after application. mink oil after applying seem to feel sticky.

as for which is better, well, i will start using LP for my leather goods for now

scasi

Reaction score
img56929563.jpg

To lipsu or scasi :
i think i rmb seeing your works with this concho
is it from goro's?
i saw the same concho from goros's too

This is base on 1913 - 30 US 5 cents coin. Normally such conchos are use for bikers and native americans design, original real coin will cost is not being discuss so far, and normally such coins are rare to source.

Most of the current one used in the markets are reproduction, same like us, Redmoon RRC series, KC's Leather also uses these reproduction series.

Goros could have used the original, self made, doming the coin to form as conchos, he himself is a biker, and he spend several years living in the native american tribes so it make sense for him to use these conchos on his work.

Actually the reverse side of the conchos have more detailing, as these conchos are call buffalo coin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_nickel
we uses the buffalo side more then the Red Indian side :)

reddevil76

Reaction score
Still deciding whether to add a "belt" around it, and thinking of making a wallet rein to go with it............then my gf came home, saw it, and say she want it.

Bo pian, give her lor. I thought I can start building an inventory with this first one. Sigh....

Next time any new things i must hide liao...

meschan

Reaction score
just a question for scasi and lipsu. when you all make mid length wallets, can the zipper compartment store many cards? or its just intended for coins

--Lipsu--

Reaction score
just a question for scasi and lipsu. when you all make mid length wallets, can the zipper compartment store many cards? or its just intended for coins

usually, zipper is for coins only, but of cos, adding some creativity, you can make it for cards and coins :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.