AERONAUTICAL @ SP

xxjiahaoxx

Reaction score
Is this course very difficult?

Heard alot ppl say this course is really difficult especially ppl like me who is not very good in maths and has no A maths foundation.

Can i survived there??

Is it recommended for me to go if i have achieved 4.0GPA is ITE Nitec??

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
Can you do a basic algebra question? what is your stream in secondary school

Last edited:

Aresden

Reaction score
i see, it wont be a problem since you have some basic of maths fundamental , do all the tutorial and attend all lecture :)

really gt so ez meh? prolly can share some of yr experiences wif us
I oso heard the engg maths is a pain in the ass n im kinda worried, my O-Level E maths had an E8 :(

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
really gt so ez meh? prolly can share some of yr experiences wif us
I oso heard the engg maths is a pain in the ass n im kinda worried, my O-Level E maths had an E8 :(

Its a must to have a basics of secondary school maths such as algebra etc because it is included in the eng maths such as integration and differentiation, i took N lvl in secondary failed maths,while i was in ite i didnt brush up my fundamental maths(i dont even know how to do algrebra....) ,now i have problems coping with eng maths in poly even though i ask lecturer and friends for help sometimes , dont worry bro you took o lvl even you get E8 but u have some basics of maths which u have learn while in secondary school. just attend all lecture and do all tutorial. eng maths is not that hard if you have the basics. are u from ite btw?

Last edited:

Aresden

Reaction score
Its a must to have a basics of secondary school maths such as algebra etc because it is included in the eng maths such as integration and differentiation, i took N lvl in secondary failed maths,while i was in ite i didnt brush up my fundamental maths(i dont even know how to do algrebra....) ,now i have problems coping with eng maths in poly even though i ask lecturer and friends for help sometimes , dont worry bro you took o lvl even you get E8 but u have some basics of maths which u have learn while in secondary school. just attend all lecture and do all tutorial. eng maths is not that hard if you have the basics. are u from ite btw?

yes, my teacher teach technical maths dam jialat, went to take on maths enrichment lesson..hopefully i can cope wif the maths.thx for yur advice btw

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
yes, my teacher teach technical maths dam jialat, went to take on maths enrichment lesson..hopefully i can cope wif the maths.thx for yur advice btw

You're welcome, your maths enrichment lesson will benefit alot jy bro:)

Aresden

Reaction score
You're welcome, your maths enrichment lesson will benefit alot jy bro:)

thx man,hopefully SP can accept me this coming Apr 1st :s22:
i assume u studying in SP? prolly can share someting bout the lecturers, how they teach,gd or not? lol

Last edited:

xxjiahaoxx

Reaction score
YUP..I AM FROM ITE NITEC

perfectlight

Reaction score
Hope to see you guys in SP, i went to apply SP also ba, but i applied DMRO as first choice

Wonderstruck

Reaction score
For those enrolling this year, it is believed that aeronautical is the toughest engineering course in SP. That being said, you should still be able to do fine, if not well, through persistent hardwork. There are students from ite whom did really well in poly. All the best to you guys and remember that every submission/projects count.

Bilal N

Reaction score
Hi,rlly the toughest engineering course? I'm enrolling next month wah dun scare me leh HAHAH. I aim to go uni tho...hmmm hais

For those enrolling this year, it is believed that aeronautical is the toughest engineering course in SP. That being said, you should still be able to do fine, if not well, through persistent hardwork. There are students from ite whom did really well in poly. All the best to you guys and remember that every submission/projects count.

Wonderstruck

Reaction score
Hi,rlly the toughest engineering course? I'm enrolling next month wah dun scare me leh HAHAH. I aim to go uni tho...hmmm hais

From what I know aeronautical most difficult to score among the engineering courses. Honestly if you ask me, you should go for an easier to score course since you aiming for uni. Cause if you want apply uni, high GPA comes first. And if other engineering students have higher GPA, then it would be tougher for yourself.

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score

I graduated from SP Aeronautical Eng in 2012. You need to have strong maths and physics background. Currently in NTU ME, final year. The good thing about SP DARE is you can go to any course in uni once you graduated from SP. And if you wish to continue the engineering path, NTU offers direct entry to 2nd year electrical & electronic/mechanical/aerospace engineering, subjected to your final GPA in SP.

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Wats yr gpa bro? I take e,amath but combined sci(phy,chem).is the course v hard??HAHAH DKY im so scared

Like you, I took e.math, a.math and combined science (phys & chem). First year is generally ok. Second year on is when you are introduced to major aircraft related modules. Try to strive for very high gpa during your first year. Subsequent years onwards, I have seen many of my peers including myself, the GPA starts to drop. Mods to look out for, Fundamentals of Flight, Aircraft Structures and Repair, Aircraft Systems, CAD. If these mods still exists. Hahaha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.