Singapore Airlines *Official* (SGX:C6L)

dak hand41

Reaction score
Hi,

I realise that there is a SIA 200. Are they eligible for dividends when announced?

And do they become 1 lot if a buyer buys 5 sets of SIA 200 and immediately are eligible for any corporate action?

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SIA 200 = 200 shares per lot transacted on SGX.

Other than that, they are no different for the broad lot 1000 SIA shares. So yes, they are deinitely eligible for dividends or other corporate actions.

CDP does not differentitate between SIA 200 and SIA in yr CDP account. If you buy 2 lots of SIA 200 shares, it will be reflected in your account as 400 SIA shares.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i feel sia is a very dangerous stock. Anytime, dun say crash. Just wing break or passengers die will sent the stock down and SIA engineering also cannot escape. Moreover, the competition is very competitive. Not that lucrative as you think. Last time SQ got so many freighter now still got a lot parking at the dessert.

Every stock is dangerous. In fact, venturing into stocks is dangerous.
But the yield proves irresistible.

Sometimes it is cyclical. Somedays, SIA will be very hot. Then cold for few days. STI might climb 20pts, but SIA might be flat.
Like KepCorp, these few weeks it is hot. But there will be cold turkey days.
I'm not good in reading market sentiments. So, just have to be patient.

Heng suay kind of thing. Buy in the stock and hope it will rise.

Jarlaxle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actualyl i agree with itedino, the level of volatility and downside risk are higher due to the nature of the industry
generally, i avoid the airline industry...

there are better stuff to buy out there which gives similar profit

tan1688

Reaction score
what a silly remark

i feel sia is a very dangerous stock. Anytime, dun say crash. Just wing break or passengers die will sent the stock down and SIA engineering also cannot escape. Moreover, the compeition is very competitive. Not that lucrative as you think. Last time SQ got so many freighter now still got a lot parking at the dessert.

SIA founded 1972, 30yrs airline company based on historical data only have 2 fatal accidents SQ006 Taiwan and silkair MI185.

Qantas founded on 1920 has zero fatal accidents.

This is a oil based commodity play, if oil is low this stock is high, if oil is high this
stock is low. oil is high now becuz of gaddafi, similar to the IRAQ war.

International Air Transport Association (IATA) indicates that by 2014 there will be 3.3billion air travelers, up by 800 million from the 2.5 billion in 2009. By 2014 international aviation will handle 38 million tonnes of air cargo, up 12.5 million tonnes from the 26 million tonnes carried in 2009.

The future is very bright especially in Asia Pacific where SIA is.
Don't miss this chance, Buy to Accumulate :)

Jarlaxle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
based on that information, i will think that SATS is better than airlines
more cargo and travellers means better business for SATS and it is a virtual monopoly with exception to its food business (as a nsman, i cant say i love SFI).

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score
SIA founded 1972, 30yrs airline company based on historical data only have 2 fatal accidents SQ006 Taiwan and silkair MI185.

Qantas founded on 1920 has zero fatal accidents.

This is a oil based commodity play, if oil is low this stock is high, if oil is high this
stock is low. oil is high now becuz of gaddafi, similar to the IRAQ war.

International Air Transport Association (IATA) indicates that by 2014 there will be 3.3billion air travelers, up by 800 million from the 2.5 billion in 2009. By 2014 international aviation will handle 38 million tonnes of air cargo, up 12.5 million tonnes from the 26 million tonnes carried in 2009.

The future is very bright especially in Asia Pacific where SIA is.
Don't miss this chance, Buy to Accumulate :)

Totally agreed with what you said. I wouldn't say its a oil based commodity play, but oil price does eat into its profits. Eat into Profits. So its a matter of how much it earns. Some airliners are bleeding money but not SIA. In fact its one of those money making airliners in the world.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today chiong very high.

Network too slow at home.....miss the selling opportunity. Dratz. :s27:

Jarlaxle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its still quite high tho

some of the US airlines went as high as 5%! lol

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haiz....I sell off at 13.76......now is 13.82......wah koaz....

Minus all the charges, profit is $105. Crap.

I will never make a good trader. :s13:

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
here comes ur chance, SIA retesting .860 soon!

Good Luck!! Actually if got the dough to hold until CD (end May), it should shoot past $14.
Just my thinking.

Too bad, I need the $ to pay my crap insurance.

Jarlaxle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haiz....I sell off at 13.76......now is 13.82......wah koaz....

Minus all the charges, profit is $105. Crap.

I will never make a good trader. :s13:

no lah, i dun hv SIA :(

ya too impulsive to sell off after missing intraday high
u been wanting to get rid of it right? at least u managed to get rid of it without a loss

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no lah, i dun hv SIA :(

ya too impulsive to sell off after missing intraday high
u been wanting to get rid of it right? at least u managed to get rid of it without a loss

Yes lor. After so many weeks of dismal prices from this counter, I wanted to throw. I bought "impulsively" when japan earthquake strikes ($13.56).
Then black Tuesday comes.
Today duuno why cheong until siao. So, I sold off.

Guess I old man, cannot take this kind of risk. :s13:

But if got the $, just hold until CD. This stock got potential to cheong.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.