Himedia HD600 Media Player

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
Just bought HD600A today @ $199 from Classic Concepts Store SLS lvl5. According to the salesman the stock only arrived today and very limited pieces with some already booked. Not so sure about the limited peices or some being booked, but it is a new product which is released in China on 10th Apr 2011 @ 699 RMB (with wifi).

The HD600 series runs on the new realtek 1185dd. As this is my 1st player, I can't really commend much. But I like the color and it runs 12+GB 1080p MKV file smoothly. Subtitle options are also useful. Even tried 3D SBS MKV file and it worked, but seems to have a bit of ghosting issue which I believe can be fixed with future firmware.

After running 1+hrs, the player feels warm (should be <45 degree), so I think there's no heat issue. The build and design looks good.

Online streaming with QQlive and Youku is slow, not sure if it's common, as I said it's my 1st player. But running Chinese dramas on "高清剧场“it runs very smooth. However there's a problem if you pause or did some settings in between, the drama image will hang soon after you restart. This should be fixed in future firmware, or you just have to restart the drama then fast forward to ur drama and stop by setting it 32x FF > 1x FF, this will make the vid plays smoothly again:D

Himedia is often recommended cos of it's frequent firmware upgrade. The player was released on 10th Apr with 1.0.1.16 firmware which was released on 6th Apr. Today they just released version 1.0.1.21 to their beta user and can be found on their forum:
http://dl.himedia-tech.cn/HD600/HD600_1.0.1.21.rar

latest firmware update (21/5/2011)
http://dl.himedia-tech.cn/HD600/HD600_1.0.3.0.rar

These are the brief sharing I have playing with the player after a couple of hours. Hope it'll be of use:)

Edit: The 3D SBS MKV I refer to is half (meaning 720p+720p). The player will not play full 3D SBS MKV ^^;

Last edited:

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
does the shop sell the 600B with harddisk model??

600B has yet been officially released in China^^; It'll be out on 25th Apr 2011, the one with wifi will be 949 RMB I think. Not sure if the shop will bring in, but likely will if there's demand;)

I might take the risk and ask someone going to China next month to get a 600B for me=:p Most likely will get the non-wifi version which is 849 RMB. The wifi on HD600A doesn't impress me:s8:

Dynaway

Reaction score
600B has yet been officially released in China^^; It'll be out on 25th Apr 2011, the one with wifi will be 949 RMB I think. Not sure if the shop will bring in, but likely will if there's demand;)

I might take the risk and ask someone going to China next month to get a 600B for me=:p Most likely will get the non-wifi version which is 849 RMB. The wifi on HD600A doesn't impress me:s8:

hey thanks for the info... can i know where i can check the prices in China?
I'll be going to Macau next mth, probably can try finding one if i head over to Shenzhen for a few days.

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
hey thanks for the info... can i know where i can check the prices in China?
I'll be going to Macau next mth, probably can try finding one if i head over to Shenzhen for a few days.

You can check it easily on taobao. But do be careful buying there as you might end up with a brick back home:s16: Or end up with a product totally different from what you wanted to get.

Best you know the local and they can bring you to get from reliable supplier:D

edit: btw if you travel to KL often, maybe you can buy from there. Most players are cheaper than Singapore (e.g. HD300A is RM300 while in Singapore it's $169) and anything you can still claim warranty.

Last edited:

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
Here's a google translation of a comment posted by himedia in their forum regarding HD600B fanless design:)

See a lot of friends concerned about our HD600B machines, to our ultra-quiet fanless design and anticipation, and fear, so here is how to specifically describe 600B ultra quiet, they also aim to achieve good heat dissipation:

Effectively reduce the noise of the treatment:

First, in order to achieve the purpose of quiet, the fan is sure to cancel, the movement of the device will always be noise, the fan's fault that life is short, up to 1 year, the noise will be growing, 2 years in respect of replacement, or will lead to overheating your machine because you can not use directly, or very unstable.

Second, the internal hard drive is a exercise device itself is a noisy, hard disk itself, we can not reduce the sound, but the hard drive vibration causes the noise, we also made a special treatment, placed on the hard drive, added a lot of anti-vibration pad , on the cover of the thermal silica films have very good anti-vibration effect, in order to achieve the hard drive, down, left, right, before and after the six directions to be protected, not only can effectively reduce the vibration and noise, and can well protect the hard disk itself.

Heat treatment:
First, the 1185 is a low-power IC, its heat is very small, does not cause the overheating, which is why we started in the 1185 platform, the basis for using such technology.

Secondly, we take a new look structure clamshell purpose is to allow the superstructure of the 600B internal hard drive as a large aluminum heat sink;

Third, the low thermal conductivity of the air, we use imported high thermal conductivity thermal silica films, the cover is closed, the aluminum and the internal hard drive can be a good contact through the thermal silica, the heat will drive the rapid adoption aluminum cap escape.

Fourth, in the hardware design, we added a separate internal hard drive power supply of the processing, the machine does not read the hard disk, the system will automatically cut off power to the internal hard drive, so that hard drive completely stopped heating the heat source, such as watching online video, the use of external storage devices.

This not only reduces the heat source of the machine, but also good to protect the hard drive, internal hard drive to extend the service life.

Through this deal, we achieved neither noise, and good cooling purposes.

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
I am here in Shanghai now (until the end of the month) and is also waiting for hoot the HD600B. I checked with several TaoBao sellers and all are saying the device will only arrive in one week time.

For those worried about buying directly from www.taobao.com, they can consider www.tmall.com. This is slightly better as the vendors are monitored by Tao Bao. However the prices are usually higher.

I am eyeing this player because of the wireless capability. I considered the HD600A but I want to BT. HD600B would be a better option for me.

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
A couple of problems I noticed;

1. Sometime there's missing subtitles or subtitles being displayed too fast.
2. Sometime there's audio skipping sound.

Here's the file details I'm running which have no problem running on PC.
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 23.98fps [Video]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo [Audio]
Subtitle: Advanced SubStation Alpha [Subtitle]

Dynaway

Reaction score
I am here in Shanghai now (until the end of the month) and is also waiting for hoot the HD600B. I checked with several TaoBao sellers and all are saying the device will only arrive in one week time.

For those worried about buying directly from www.taobao.com, they can consider www.tmall.com. This is slightly better as the vendors are monitored by Tao Bao. However the prices are usually higher.

I am eyeing this player because of the wireless capability. I considered the HD600A but I want to BT. HD600B would be a better option for me.

wah.,... pls faster buy n tell us how the 600B good or not

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
New firmware update:D

http://dl.himedia-tech.cn/HD600/HD600_1.0.1.24.rar

内部测试版本,非小白,勿更新 . 有问题或好建议,请在本贴反馈,谢谢。
1.0.1.22(2011-4-15)
(1) 解决和1073、1283格式化硬盘的兼容性问题。
(2) 更新媒体管理库多选的图标。
(3) 在电影模式下,进入包含多视频的文件夹时,禁止按 绿色 键和 菜单键。
(4) 解决媒体管理向导中 上一步下一步图标不居中的问题。
(5) 時區設置取消半個時區的項。
(6) 台北時區描述項增加北京描述。
(7) 解决选时播放时,字幕不出现的问题。
(8) 数据库版本(1055的,或以前的版本)的兼容性。

1.0.1.23(2011-4-18)
(1) 解决22版本媒体库无法使用的问题。
(2) 在线播放视频快进时,按播放/暂停键变成恢复正常播放。(问题单180)
(3) 去掉次世代音频降级输出,不设限选项。默认5.1输出。(问题单134)
(4) 解决在“电影”进入后,选择“查看预览”模式,出现视频后,按“绿色健”,出现“操作项目”界面后,视频消失,按返回健,关闭“操作项目”,不再有视频出现。(问题单155)
(5) 解决添加蓝光电影【建国大业】到媒体库时,设备重启。(问题单163)
(6) 修改字符串,解决安全关机提示不友好的问题。(问题单183)
1.0.1.24(2011-4-19)
(1) 在媒体库电影里,多视频进入播放,在预览模式死机问题。
(2) 修改智能设置中BDMV/DVD字幕及BDMV/DVD音轨的字符串。
(3) 修改HDMI声音输出弹出菜单。(保证是否接入HDMI时的一致性)
(4) 修改设备卸载时的提示字符串资源。
(5) 修改卸载USB和硬盘设备时,导致死机的问题。
(6) DTSHD支持降级输出
(7) PPS和优朋普乐支持返回键停止视频播出。
(8) 当添加/删除/清空媒体库完成后,返回到相应的页面。

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
Just discovered how to use the BT.

1. Goto setup>network and activate Samba and BT
2. Goto Network Info and check the IP address of HD600A
3. Goto your PC internet browser and input the IP address.
4. You'll see a login screen, default login/password is admin/123
5. You'll be able to do ur BT download settings and insert .torrent files there.

edit:
BT works well and have successfully download a file. Not a BT fan and it's been over 5 yrs since I last used BT, but getting it to work on HD600A is easy enough.

I don't have many RMVB, but the 10+ RMVB I'd tested all sound and vid played smoothly. Search position and fastword all works ok. Don't have any ISO to try, but I think there's some issue with DVD ISO.

Plug in HDD via SATA connection the other day, no formatting is required. The existing files on the HDD played without any problem. There's also a .Theater folder and .part file added to the storage device that gets attached to HD600A

Samba works OK, can access storage device attached to HD600A from Win7 PC without any problem. Sometime will need to restart player in order to find "Venus" (HD600A shared storage)

Tried using wireless usb keyboard + mouse (logictech mk250), the keyboard works ok, but the mouse gets stuck at the bottom. Using wired usb mouse everything ok. Able to browse the Internet. Yet to try flash support.

Some video on Youtube channel will appear "cannot play file" BUT when you try playing on YoutubeXL channel, everything works fine.

Online China Drama/Movie/Vid available;
ceAmqQTXxcpL6.jpg

xunlei doesn't work and ku6 don't stream in our region. There's also PPTV and Tudou "hidden" in the search. Some channels if cannot play may reboot the player. Some just display "cannot play files"

The DIY firmware in making is said to have 6 more channels like BesTV, HDPFans, VST, etc. Can only wait to find out how gd they are :)

Last edited:

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Called the Tao Bao Vendor and confirmed that product is still being manufactured. It will either be 25 Apr or later. I am leaving 28 Apr. Good chance I might miss this baby.

wah.,... pls faster buy n tell us how the 600B good or not

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
Called the Tao Bao Vendor and confirmed that product is still being manufactured. It will either be 25 Apr or later. I am leaving 28 Apr. Good chance I might miss this baby.

Malaysia side will likely fix HD600B price at RM500 & RM560. Think Singapore should be around $250 for the wifi version.

badbad2000

Reaction score
Malaysia side will likely fix HD600B price at RM500 & RM560. Think Singapore should be around $250 for the wifi version.

HD600B only release end of the month in China.

Anyone have luck with PPTV? not sure if my wireless router blocking it. I am using HD600A Wifi version.

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
HD600B only release end of the month in China.

Anyone have luck with PPTV? not sure if my wireless router blocking it. I am using HD600A Wifi version.

HD600B official release date in China by Himedia is 25th Apr, priced at 849 RMB (non-wifi) and 949 RMB (wifi). One of Malaysia dealer had already released their selling price.

PPTV was working for me yesterday afternoon. PPS cannot work for me.

edit: BTW Himedia channel stopped working for me since yesterday night. Don't know if it got to do with their server side or not :(

Last edited:

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Confirmed with Himedia's online store in www.tmall.com that HD600B will only be released at the end of the month. I am now thinking whether I should just get the HD600A which the main difference should be just the ability to put an harddisk into the device. Any other differences?

HD600B official release date in China by Himedia is 25th Apr, priced at 849 RMB (non-wifi) and 949 RMB (wifi). One of Malaysia dealer had already released their selling price.

edit: BTW Himedia channel stopped working for me since yesterday night. Don't know if it got to do with their server side or not :(

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
Confirmed with Himedia's online store in www.tmall.com that HD600B will only be released at the end of the month. I am now thinking whether I should just get the HD600A which the main difference should be just the ability to put an harddisk into the device. Any other differences?

the 25th Apr date was given on Himedia official forum. You can check it when their forum comes back online in the title "HD600A ,HD600B很快上市,价格公布- 海美迪高清影院HD600系列" But technically 25th Apr is consider end of month with Apr only have 30 days:s7:

I suggest you wait for HD600B if you need HDD, cos if you lay the HDD on top of HD600A, it'll get really hot. It was really hot after an hour of playing.

HiMedia did mentioned about HD600B is fanless but they design the casing that can distribute heat well.

Anyway the price difference getting from China and Singapore would likely be S$60-70. Though S$60-70 can get u a nice 1055 player:s22:

For me I'll likely go get Eaget M9 for my dad from KL tomorrow. RM400 for a 1283DD and 3yrs warranty is a great deal. What's more attractive is it can support 2xHDD (up to 2TB ea). 1 mount and 1 sata external.

Then will get someone to buy HD600B from China end next month. Think by then the DIY firmware should be out=:p

badbad2000

Reaction score

i also many cannot work today

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.