A Song of Ice and Fire: Game of Thrones (HBO)

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm catching this tv series and love it too. but was sad at the latest episode that lord stark been execution after declare about his "teason".

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm catching this tv series and love it too. but was sad at the latest episode that lord stark been execution after declare about his "teason".

In the actual novel he was supposed to be executed so yar the writers are actually following the novel very closely....anyway next week's episode is season finale liao!

Helbreath

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes really v sad to see him exescuted. i always think of him as the main character now he is gone i think the story will revolve around his son instead.

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't read the novel so not too sure how the story goes. HBO tv series always so short. :(
anyway I think the lead cast should be his "*******" son which is guarding at the wall.

Kiasuman

Master Member
Reaction score
I didn't read the novel so not too sure how the story goes. HBO tv series always so short. :(
anyway I think the lead cast should be his "*******" son which is guarding at the wall.
Think so too. The title is a song of ice and fire.

Ice = Snow
Fire = Daenerys

Probably after all the politics/drama, ice and fire joins hands to fight the monsters of "winter" then fall in long love thus completing the saga? :D

AnimeNewbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can any kind soul here pm me the site to download this series?

I cannot find this series at my usual site (cannot list else this thread get locked).

Thanks!!

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Season finale was abit anti climatic except can see the khalesi topless again=:p.......cant wait for the 2nd season to be back!

Preacher1010

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just starting to watch EP 1.
Interesting.
Will see if its worth more 720p *ahem*.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just starting to watch EP 1.
Interesting.
Will see if its worth more 720p *ahem*.

if you are talking about nudity and sex scenes, there is actually very little as compared to Spartacus. I can remember there being last than 5 sex scenes in total for the whole of season 1. This is very much a story driven series with top notch acting and scripting.

Preacher1010

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you are talking about nudity and sex scenes, there is actually very little as compared to Spartacus. I can remember there being last than 5 sex scenes in total for the whole of season 1. This is very much a story driven series with top notch acting and scripting.

yup, i just realised the nudity is not OTT and does not overshadow the story...unlike Spartacus

halcyonstar

Reaction score
after seeing this show i wonder why did legend of the seeker even got to be made? its atrocious!! (not that i watch it though haha)

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, i just realised the nudity is not OTT and does not overshadow the story...unlike Spartacus

because the producers were careful to not stray too much from the book...

after seeing this show i wonder why did legend of the seeker even got to be made? its atrocious!! (not that i watch it though haha)

you are comparing a HBO production to a ABC studio production? Plus they based it loosely on Terry Goodkind's sword of truth books....

which mostly means they "laped" it

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wonder when will they release season 2 as shooting just started.

i hope to see big scene battles of human vs monster. will make it more exciting since winter is coming soon from the last epi.
maybe khalesi can ask her dragons to go fight those unknown big monster if there's any.

Xerynn

Reaction score
They are still casting for Season 2... lots of new characters. So far only 1 minor role has been cast.

HBO is already on the lookout for a big CGI studio that can handle Season 2's demands.. so we can look forward to bigger and better battle scenes, and more direwolves!

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh goodie theres a season2. Glad to know there are others like me watching this.

I want to read the books too. Are there ebooks for IPAD for this?

evoked87

Master Member
Reaction score
Season 2 is expected to be in 2012.. so it'll not be anytime soon, maybe 1 year from now?

Did anyone read the book? I would like to know if 'Book 1: Game of Thrones' is already summarized into this 10 episodes - leaving S2 to start with the next book?

Short but sweet.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Season 2 is expected to be in 2012.. so it'll not be anytime soon, maybe 1 year from now?

Did anyone read the book? I would like to know if 'Book 1: Game of Thrones' is already summarized into this 10 episodes - leaving S2 to start with the next book?

Short but sweet.

Semi spoilers for those who haven seen the series on TV or read the book:

Taken from Wikipedia

A Game of Thrones-Chapter 72(conluding chapter for Book 1)

Synopsis:
Daenerys is planning a funeral pyre for Khal Drogo as is the Dothraki way, but her subjects are wary about her intentions. Mirri Maz Duur tells Daenerys she is a child, and whatever she plans will not work. Ser Jorah pleads with her to flee, that she need not do what she intends. Daenerys assures him that she is not planning on sacrificing her life in her husband’s pyre. She tells her gathered people that they are her khalasar and she will be their queen. When she asks the three warriors of her khas to take oath as her bloodriders, they will not commit and tell her she must be brought to join the dosh khaleen. Ser Jorah takes the oath and becomes the first of her Queensguard. Daenerys brings her dragon eggs to be placed at Drogo’s side, despite Jorah’s protests that they could sell the eggs and live wealthy in freedom. Daenerys has Mirri bound to the funeral pyre and lights it. She tells the maegi what Mirri told her, that only death can pay for life. Jhogo spots the blood red comet for the first time, taken by Daenerys as a good omen. The maegi screams as the flames engulf her, and soon after Daenerys walks into the blaze as Jorah and her khas plead with her not to. Dany, for an instant, glimpses Drogo on his horse, and then a cracking sound, like a stone shattering, is heard. As the fire dies, Jorah finds Daenerys alive, unburnt except for her hair, nursing three baby dragons. Ser Jorah and her khas swear their oaths before the mother of dragons. And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons......

So yeah...from the looks of it, the writers of the show concluded Season 1 in lieu with the contents of Book 1.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.