SingTel *Official* (SGX: Z74)

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
About 13K.

Do you guys expect Singtel's profit to rise next quarter in tandem with their 37% increase in customer base. And if they could plug the gap in their India Bharti's loss, I think the prospects are quite good. Wish I had Singtel's shares. Wish I had some Singtel shares.:o

Sigh, wish I can say what belongs to my wife's also belongs to me.:s13:
Why would I even care?:D

i suspect the increase in customer base is due to MIO TV having the rights to air EPL, i think duno which year both starhub n singtel will be allowed to air EPL together right. During the quake i was deciding btw genting n singtel, bought singtel at the end and today's genting is really sell on news

WindBoi

Reaction score
About 13K.

Do you guys expect Singtel's profit to rise next quarter in tandem with their 37% increase in customer base. And if they could plug the gap in their India Bharti's loss, I think the prospects are quite good. Wish I had Singtel's shares. Wish I had some Singtel shares.:o

Sigh, wish I can say what belongs to my wife's also belongs to me.:s13:
Why would I even care?:D

Bharti and Telkomsel is big man. they are not doing well but if they are they could potentially add 700 mil per year to their net profit. that adds 30% to current dividend.

FCF currently is at 6.7% so if its boosted by 30% it could reached 8.7%. being very conservative already.

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i suspect the increase in customer base is due to MIO TV having the rights to air EPL, i think duno which year both starhub n singtel will be allowed to air EPL together right. During the quake i was deciding btw genting n singtel, bought singtel at the end and today's genting is really sell on news

Dun forget M1 can air EPL together with Singtel and Starhub too. Hehehehehee:s12:

Vested in All 3 telcos. :)

WindBoi

Reaction score
Still dunno the excitement over these devices. It's not going to make Singtel vastly richer

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still dunno the excitement over these devices. It's not going to make Singtel vastly richer

But they oso will not make Singtel vastly poorer either. Lol. :D

Anyway, I am not excited over these devices. But I m happy that OTHER PEOPLE are crazy about these devices. Bcos this means they will need voice/data/broadband plans and services from the telcos. This will ensure that the telcos remains very relevant and needed in people's lives. Some people even have more than 1 smartphones. ;)

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whenever my frens or colleagues ask me whether they should change their phones, I will encourage them to do it. Heheheheheee=:p

Whenever my frens or colleagues ask me which telco is better, I will tell them all the same lah, bcos I own stocks from all 3 telcos.

They will buay song me at first, but in the end, still "lan lan" must subscribe to the telcos' services. Nowadays, people just cannot function without smartphones. Especially the younger generation.

Go telcos Go!:s12:

WindBoi

Reaction score
to be honest, singapore telco is vastly more expensive compare to plans from other asia telco.

the connectioni in taiwan is so much better. i am waiting to get vested in chunghwa telcom. thats a great telco.

iCuteCube

Master Member
Reaction score
Interim 6.8ct ; Final 9ct + Special 10ct

What does the "Final" and "Special" means?

Assuming you are holding 2 lot Singtel, does it means you get both final and special?

Is it means Final is 9cents, and the term special means it is a one-time dividend of 10ct for this time round, and it may/may not have special dividend all the time?

WindBoi

Reaction score

Assuming you are holding 2 lot Singtel, does it means you get both final and special?

Is it means Final is 9cents, and the term special means it is a one-time dividend of 10ct for this time round, and it may/may not have special dividend all the time?

They normally come up with 3 category interium, final and special.

special is once in a blue moon given.

Chua Zhiming

Reaction score

6.8 cents given last year Dec. This Aug giving 19 cents.

2 lots = $380 this coming Aug.

Special not everytime...singtel last time give special was in 06 or 07. Dun expect another special div until 2013/2014.

bardsmanship

Reaction score
Hoping to buy some Singtel shares if it drops below $3 during this correction...

How come Singtel's stock doesn't seem to rise much?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.