BlackBerry PlayBook

Vulpix

Reaction score
Thinking of buying one to mess around with. :o Would the 16gb be enough for me if I have no intentions to get any games?

petepimpin

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the following noob questions.

- Is it possible to tether using my BB Torch on the PB Wifi? If so, how is the connection speed comparable to Iphone?

- Can any BB be used to tether? I'm thinking for changing to a 9780.

Thank you!

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the following noob questions.

- Is it possible to tether using my BB Torch on the PB Wifi? If so, how is the connection speed comparable to Iphone?

- Can any BB be used to tether? I'm thinking for changing to a 9780.

Thank you!

yes an yes. as long as above os 4.5 shld be ok

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I really don' t need to wait for the 3G version right?
Why 64GB?

i have always asked people to just get this and screw the 3g where u spend more not only for the sim card but also the device.
There is no point: the playbook is already capable of 3g, with 4g once all our telco rolls it out.

Because im on 32gb with 100mb of space left

EuroR_CL7

Master Member
Reaction score
Do all of you tether? Due to policies i cant tether... :( its blocked out on my BB... having the PB will seem abit sad without the ability to surf on the go....

Hows the browser speed thru tether? I hope its better than bridging?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do all of you tether? Due to policies i cant tether... :( its blocked out on my BB... having the PB will seem abit sad without the ability to surf on the go....

idk if is psychological or what, but through tether, under 3g conditions, seems like the pages loads way much faster on the playbook than on the phone.

Speed still slow, comparable if u tether on the com. On the com i can hit around 1mbps plus as i shown earlier, not sure about playbook. maybe if i have time and get my hands on a 3g device, i will run speedtest. But, on 3g, still so-so

UncleFaka

Reaction score

with the new bridge update, i feel that browsing thriugh bridge browser is on par as wen u tether. less hassle also.

i-Movies

Reaction score
not really necesseary need a BB phone, i use my iPhone and N8 as wi-fi hotspot, works great with playbook on the go.

sohzai

Reaction score
idk if is psychological or what, but through tether, under 3g conditions, seems like the pages loads way much faster on the playbook than on the phone.

Speed still slow, comparable if u tether on the com. On the com i can hit around 1mbps plus as i shown earlier, not sure about playbook. maybe if i have time and get my hands on a 3g device, i will run speedtest. But, on 3g, still so-so

Not psychological..i am sure browser loads faster on tether than on bridge. I think it is likely because bridge is using your BIS which is through RIM server?

EuroR_CL7

Master Member
Reaction score
thanx xmad. i would assume tethering can be done on other brand mobile not necessarily bb rite?

bridge surfing is painfully slow... chokes... :p

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanx xmad. i would assume tethering can be done on other brand mobile not necessarily bb rite?

bridge surfing is painfully slow... chokes... :p

Yeap. As long as they support the "dial-up" or something bluetooth profile, or allow hotspot

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.